PDA

View Full Version : contracts and clients etc.

Earthworm75
10-05-2007, 08:43 PM
just curious as how u guys handle contracts with clients do u have contracts or simply ask the customer if they would like there lawn cut every week or 2 ? whats the best way to go with this? also when doing estimates how do u set yours up looking for most effective way im guessing do all of them in one day or do u jus do them the day they call ? looking for some insight on the most effective yet customer friendly way...and thanks for all the responses from my previous thread ~

topsites
10-05-2007, 09:46 PM
To me the most customer friendly way is that service where the customer doesn't worry about their lawn. I keep their lawn on an independent schedule, their lawn gets cut when their lawn needs it regardless of everyone else's, the schedule varies throughout the season depending on weather and lawn condition.

Now they can go on about their daily affairs and not worry about the lawn, that's what this is all about.
Worst that could happen is a scheduling conflict, it might get cut a day or three early, or late.
So long I decide these things there is no extra charge.

That's also the cheapest way, just let me come in and do my thing, leave a bill, check in the mail.
I love it when it works out like that, just let me do my thing.

Everything else is extra :laugh:

stevenf
10-05-2007, 11:25 PM
I plan on doing this also. Im so sick of people calling me telling me they forgot I was coming, or the lazy bums that decide to drop you without answering there phones.
One lady wrote me a check for $10.00 cheaper then the price the other day, I had to go back inside and tell her it suposed to be $75.00 and she says " Oh,,,,,, It is?????"
Makes me want to slap her cause she has been paying me $75.00 weekly all summer long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for venting lol. I think contracts will help.

SwihartServices
10-06-2007, 01:19 AM
I always ask them how they prefer to handle it. Or how they have handled it in the past. If you don't like their way of doing it make suggestions. If their stubborn just shoot them a price like $100 bucks for a half acre. That'll at least make it worth your while to put up with them.

NC Greenscaper
10-06-2007, 09:26 AM
When they call or stop me and enquire, I estimate thier lawn and give them a price for weekly or bi-weekly or every ten days. Then they are put on a schedule. I can't afford to send our maintenance crew out and mow if needed. With that said, most of our lawns (centipede) grow at a similiar rate depending on whether they irrigate or not. I have contracts on commercial and some on residential. Most of our residential customers are not under contract and that's not a problem. However, this year we have had 5 or so that are paying slow. So I am giving some thought to contracts with a late payment fee.

ed2hess
10-06-2007, 02:33 PM
When they call or stop me and enquire, I estimate thier lawn and give them a price for weekly or bi-weekly or every ten days. Then they are put on a schedule. I can't afford to send our maintenance crew out and mow if needed. With that said, most of our lawns (centipede) grow at a similiar rate depending on whether they irrigate or not. I have contracts on commercial and some on residential. Most of our residential customers are not under contract and that's not a problem. However, this year we have had 5 or so that are paying slow. So I am giving some thought to contracts with a late payment fee.

Having a contract with late fee doesn't help get money faster, they still pay late. Messing around with late fee only causes you more problems in that customers act more agitated and in end cost you time explaining the charges and payments if they are really behind.