PDA

View Full Version : If you were getting a lower end scag....???

stevenf
10-06-2007, 12:16 AM
compare these two for me. other then the 2mph speed difference, What is the difference between the freedom Z and the tiger cub? I really dont see any other difference. They both have the same engine options, same deck options, only the tiger cub goes 10mph and the freedom z goes 8mph.

Also, Would you choose the 19hp kawasaki over the 26hp briggs ELS? I know briggs have a rep for not lasting as long, but most of you busy guys need a new mower by the time the warranty is up. Is the 19hp worth all that extra money when the 26hp can be so much more productive at full speeds or in taller grass.
Basically, If you were starting out, needed a productive mower to last you through the first few "growing business years", and had a budget, would you spend the extra money on the kawasaki or the extra money on a bigger deck? exactly how bad of a rep do the briggs have compared to the kawasaki?

ncls
10-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Compare the hydraulic pumps of the two. Compare the deck thickness of the two. Compare the frame thickness of the two. Bearings, etc. The freedom z is designed to be a homeowner, light commercial unit. If you're using that Z 5-1/2 days a week, 9-10 hrs. a day, you'll end up spending more money in the long run, than just buying the Cub.

green-pa
10-06-2007, 02:27 AM
[QUOTE=stevenf;1986916]compare these two for me. other then the 2mph speed difference, What is the difference between the freedom Z and the tiger cub? I really dont see any other difference. They both have the same engine options, same deck options, only the tiger cub goes 10mph and the freedom z goes 8mph.

QUOTE]

Can these Z's really go at 8-10mph and do a nice cut?

stevenf
10-06-2007, 02:31 AM
ok, what about the engines on the Cub? Is the 19hp kawaski worth the extra money compared to the 26hp briggs ELS? dont you guys usually get a new machine once warranty is up?(about two years)

lawnandplow42
10-06-2007, 05:43 PM
some guys keep the machines till the warranty is up, while others run them into the ground.

kawasaki in general is a better product than briggs

DillonsLawnCare
10-06-2007, 09:51 PM
well i think the cub looks a little bit more heavy duty and looks a little bit less plastic looking then the freedom z.....
:weightlifter: :cool2: :dancing:

dgfitz
10-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Dillon, the decks are Not the same, and the hardware is much more
durable on the Cub, just look at the deck lift bar as opposed to the cable on the homeowner model, and as previously pointed the pumps. The Hustler
Fastrack is a better machine in the low end sector of the market. I like
Scag, but not the homeowner one. By the way, I use to live in Brentwood,
what a nice area it was.

DillonsLawnCare
10-06-2007, 10:23 PM
ii bolded all the comparisons and underlined all the different things, contrasts.
it might be a little confusing...... but here you go.. i left some things out but they werent important for your decision.

___tiger cub____ Specs

-dual 10cc pumps and large capacity wheel motors

-10 MPH forward and 4.5 MPH reverse

-Ogura GT3.5 PTO clutch brake has 250 ft. lbs. of torque

-Choose a 48" or 52" Velocity Plus™ deck.

-Variety of engines and deck combinations..

-48" Velocity Plus Deck, 19hp Kawasaki KAI air-cooled engine
-48" Velocity Plus Deck, 23hp Kohler air-cooled engine
-52" Velocity Plus Deck, 23hp Kawasaki air-cooled engine
-52" Velocity Plus Deck, 24hp Honda air-cooled engine
-52" Velocity Plus Deck, 23hp Briggs & Stratton Vanguard air-cooled engine
-61" Velocity Plus Deck, 23hp Briggs & Stratton Vanguard air-cooled engine

-Fully welded unitized steel main frame design is stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. Front caster extension is replaceable in the event of an impact.

-Dual 4 gallon fuel tanks (8 gallons total).

-Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on all Tiger Cubs (excluding Briggs ELS model**).

-High-quality Fafnir bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys.

-Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster These bearings can handle a 50% larger load than standard ball bearings.

-Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 5-1/2" in 1/4" increments.

-Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.

-Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.

Operator friendly instrument panel located just to the left of the operator. It includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, and separate choke and throttle controls the mower)

________Freedom Z Specs________

-Up to 8 MPH forward and 5 MPH reverse

-Choose from a 48" or 52" cutter deck. Cutter decks are constructed with a 10-gauge top with an 11-gauge reinforcement plate around the spindle mounting area for extra support. The cutter deck skirt is 7-gauge for additional strength.

variety of deck combos.

48" Deck, 19hp Kawasaki V-twin air-cooled engine
48" Deck, 26hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin ELS air-cooled engine
52" Deck, 19hp Kawasaki V-twin air-cooled engine
52" Deck, 26hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin ELS air-cooled engine

-Dual Hydro-Gear ZT2800 transaxles

-Ogura PTO clutch brake has lots of torque (87 ft/lbs).

-Maintenance free mower design has no grease points, saving you maintenance time and giving you the freedom to do other things.

-7 gallon fuel capacity

-Easily adjust cutting heights while seated via. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 4-1/2" in 1/4" increments.

-The Scag "Simply the Best" warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of worry-free service. Unlike other mowers in its price range, the Freedom Z carries a commercial warranty as well as an estate owner / home owner warranty.

-4-corner cutter deck adjustment mechanisms allow for easy deck leveling and pitch adjustment to deliver a smooth, even cut.

-Heavy-duty, no maintenance blade drive spindles provide reliable performance day in and day out; aluminum housings and sealed ball bearings.

-Operator friendly instrument panel is conveniently located just to the left of the operator. It includes an ignition switch, mower engagement switch, and separate choke and throttle controls.

-Super-tough rear engine guard protects the engine compartment from potential impact damage when backing up

i think you should go with either one of these on the Tiger Cub!!!!!!

52" Velocity Plus Deck, 23hp Kawasaki air-cooled engine

-52" Velocity Plus Deck, 24hp Honda air-cooled engine

i know honda is known for long life and durability!!
:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :cool2: :weightlifter: :dancing: :usflag:

DillonsLawnCare
10-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Dillon, the decks are Not the same, and the hardware is much more
durable on the Cub, just look at the deck lift bar as opposed to the cable on the homeowner model, and as previously pointed the pumps. The Hustler
Fastrack is a better machine in the low end sector of the market. I like
Scag, but not the homeowner one. By the way, I use to live in Brentwood,
what a nice area it was.

yes brentwood is a nice area....many rich people.......rich people that like to have there grass cut a high dollar at a high frequency.!!!

i know about the cub. im all for the cub. id rather get the cub then the freedom z anyday!!