PDA

View Full Version : question for the irrigation gods (purp, mike, etc)

BrandonV
10-06-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm going to be working on a design tonight for a private school. is it worth the extra $ for the hunter Institutional Spray Sprinklers? or just stick w/ the pro-sprays. just curious.

Mike Leary
10-06-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm going to be working on a design tonight for a private school. is it worth the extra $ for the hunter Institutional Spray Sprinklers? or just stick w/ the pro-sprays. just curious.

That would be best answered by the Purple primer drinker..I've been a 1800
RB & Weather Matic brass nozzle user since I got out of irri 101.:)

Kiril
10-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Only real diff I know of is the institutional comes with the PRS, on the pro it is optional.

A couple of other smaller items:

Institutional pressure range is a bit higher
Institutional check valve is a little better
Pro has more sizes to choose from

Mike Leary
10-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Only real diff I know of is the institutional comes with the PRS, on the pro it is optional.

::note to self..don't visit anyone who uses plastic nozzles::::rolleyes:

Kiril
10-06-2007, 05:15 PM
:: Note to self, teach ML how plastics are worthy of consideration and in some cases more desirable than brass when he doesn't come to visit :: ;)

Mike Leary
10-06-2007, 05:24 PM
:: Note to self, teach ML how plastics are worthy of consideration and in some cases more desirable than brass when he doesn't come to visit :: ;)

ROTFL!!!!!! Mite re consider a visit...tho you and Purple have never seen a
brass nozzle..prolly freak you out.:laugh:

BrandonV
10-06-2007, 05:31 PM
i love to use brass, but we have enough problems with stuff "disappearing" around here. every once in a while some of our stuff at the nursery (all brass ag grade stuff, will "disappear" i can just imagine that in a public setting

BrandonV
10-06-2007, 05:32 PM
i saw they had a warranty (the institutional sprays, but I never have them break to start with so don't know if its worth the cost

Kiril
10-06-2007, 05:35 PM
ROTFL!!!!!! Mite re consider a visit...tho you and Purple have never seen a
brass nozzle..prolly freak you out.:laugh:

Bah, used plenty of these back in the day.

http://www.championirrigation.com/HTML_Pages/Cat_18.html

Mike Leary
10-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Bah, used plenty of these back in the day.

http://www.championirrigation.com/HTML_Pages/Cat_18.html

I'm not going there...it's been a while since "the badger" surfaced.

Kiril
10-06-2007, 06:02 PM
lol, the link is valid. All you need to do is look in your browser task bar to verify it.

Mike Leary
10-06-2007, 06:08 PM
lol, the link is valid. All you need to do is look in your browser task bar to verify it.

The computor I use at the mini mart has no "task bar"..I'm scared of Badger.

irrig8r
10-06-2007, 09:44 PM
i love to use brass, but we have enough problems with stuff "disappearing" around here. every once in a while some of our stuff at the nursery (all brass ag grade stuff, will "disappear" i can just imagine that in a public setting

Quite a while back Buckner put out what they called "coal brass" nozzles. I think the idea was that it was black and wouldn't draw vandals' attention. Not sure if you could still find them.

Found this using Google.

http://www.landscapeonline.com/research/article/8553

http://www.bucknerirrigation.com/buckner.aspx?Content=Product&ProductOID=448c3453-2284-455c-98c8-ea99cd250e9a&Detail=Catalog

And with CoalBrass™, you have all the benefits of brass nozzles without as much risk of theft. That’s because CoalBrass™ looks like plastic so it doesn’t attract attention.

BrandonV
10-06-2007, 10:41 PM
well I'm done for the night, got the turf done... start on the beds tomorrow... nice thing about cad is i don't have to count :-)

PurpHaze
10-07-2007, 11:21 AM

Both work nicely Brandon. We use the I-Spray because we run into a lot of systems with booster pumps on them. If you're not going to be running into high pressures then I'd just use the Pro-Spray.