PDA

View Full Version : Whats the life expectancy of ZTR

Sweet Tater
10-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I have a 98 model (I think) Exmark Lazer Z 48" with just over 1700 hours. It sill runs great and preforms well. Just wondering if I should start saving my beer money for a new one soon.

chesterlawn
10-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I have 2 lazers. One has 3600 hrs on it, second engine, the other has 2000 on it original engine. Both are kohler engines and 60 inch decks. I change the motor oil every 50 hrs, and the hydro oil I change twice a year, doesn't cost that much and it can't hurt.

tamadrummer
10-06-2007, 10:30 PM
The guy that is mentoring me has 2 Dixie Choppers, his oldest is 9 years old and the new one is 3 years old. Both run like new. His daily maintenance routine is impeccable! His eXmark WB is 11 years old and runs like new as well. Preventive Maintenance is so important! He still has days that nothing goes right but they happen less frequently than to my other friend that is in the business that beats the crap out of his gear.

Wells
10-07-2007, 12:30 PM
It probably depends on the mower and how well you maintain it but I had a dealer tell me once that 2000 hours is the average life expectancy of a commercial grade mower. I have a ZTR that I've had for 4 years and has about 1200 hours on it and i'm hoping to get at least another 2 or 3 more years before having to scrap it.

topsites
10-07-2007, 12:48 PM
The guy that is mentoring me has 2 Dixie Choppers, his oldest is 9 years old and the new one is 3 years old. Both run like new. His daily maintenance routine is impeccable! His eXmark WB is 11 years old and runs like new as well. Preventive Maintenance is so important! He still has days that nothing goes right but they happen less frequently than to my other friend that is in the business that beats the crap out of his gear.

I couldn't agree more, I spend more time doing preventative maintenance and that saves me so many headaches, but it does take time, you don't want to go replacing parts at random or you'll just spend a fortune.

Way I did it, over time I would take a mental note on those *&%^ parts that like to break / wear out at least once every year.
Now those are the parts I back stock and replace right at the beginning of the season.
Took a few years (3-4) but now that stuff hardly ever craps out on me, not saying it never happens but wow.
And if it does, I already have the part at the house.

It's not perfect, there's always one part I'm short of and another I got too much of, but overall it really did help.

twj721
10-07-2007, 02:32 PM
We have a 1999 model Scag Saber Tooth and I think it has around 1800 hrs on it and still the best mower we have .