PDA

View Full Version : leaf clean up

Neil M
10-06-2007, 07:53 PM
I just recieved a call for lawn cut and leaf clean up for the next 6 weeks or so. So would I charge each week like fall clean up or less because its weekly. Never had anyone ask for a clean up until the leaves were down. Any advice would be appreciated.

Daddy Joes Lawn Service
10-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Hours are hours would not charge less if is weekly. Example have a cutomer that whats leaf clean up has woods behind her and she told me to just dump in the woods. easy on me but still same price as if i would have to haul them away.I get customers calling when they want it done and when the last leaf falls down. If there is not snow on the ground i'm working till december.

Neil M
10-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Just from talking over the phone I'am thinking about $40.00 if it was just a cut, but since he wants leaves cleaned with the cut I'm thinking about $100.00 per visit. Just mulling it over before I do the estimate.

Daddy Joes Lawn Service
10-07-2007, 06:30 AM
Are you working by your sel or do you have someone helping you? Remember man hours, drive time, loading and unloading, wear and tear, fuel, etc ect.

shane mapes
10-07-2007, 06:40 AM
what i do is i charge by the hour so i try to figure out how long it will take to get all the work done by the week and then go from their. for instance i charge $65.00 per man per hour so if it takes me and a helper a total of 20 minutes each to mow and do leaf clean up i charge around $30.00 - $40.00 per week .

Daddy Joes Lawn Service
10-07-2007, 07:30 AM
If your pay is 35.00 are 40.00 for you your gas driving there your gas for doing the service etc your only looking at making 20.00 are less. If your charging 60.00 a man hour Times 20 min = 13.00 or 65+65 = 130 times .20 =26.00 - expence = no money?

topsites
10-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Oh, you mean this guy wants to save money and you're his vehicle?

See he's got it all wrong, it's not lawn cut and then the leaves.
It's always leaves first, if the lawn needs cutting fine, but first we have to consider the leaves.
Then again maybe he knows this, otherwise why doesn't he use the ingenious idea himself?

I would help, but I can't see the leaves, there's no telling from this end how thick it is.
Likely I'd give the man a blind bid, pay me for what I quote after I am done, that usually ends it right then and there.
Works for my regular customers thou...

capetan
10-08-2007, 03:11 PM
i just tell my customers i will cut the grass which mulches the leaves, then once all the leaves are down i will do a complete clean up, i have never had a customer willing to pay for weekly leaf clean ups and lawn cutting, its just to expensive and really unnecessary, unless the customer wants to pay, and i think your price is to low, generally i charge say 40 a cut, i normally charge at least triple the cost for a leaf clean up so 120, unless you can just blow the leaves into the woods or something, but i dont think the customer will want to pay 100-120 a week for 6 weeks..... good luck