PDA

View Full Version : Help from the pro's please?

davis45
10-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Well, right now im around 25 accounts as a part time job. Mostly resedential with a few commericals. I know this subject has probably been pounded in but im working 2 jobs and just dont have time to access the website and search around, so i was hoping you could just help me out.

What are the best means of advertising? I am in 2 small towns, around a few thousand people in each town. I have large cities about 15 miles in each direction and i was wanting to get into the large subdivisions and country clubs, can someone tell me how to go about doing so? I was hoping to add about 15-20 accounts for next season but i have been slacking. Thank you for any info.

Sweet Tater
10-07-2007, 03:15 PM
I believe most will probably tell you door hangers will work best. That seems to be the generl concensus when that question comess up often. Paper ads and mailers are choices also. Personally I am preparing door hangers now, have had an ad for 3 weeks ( only 1 responce so far) and just mailed out 150 post cards last week. But I think that walking a neighborhood and doing door hangers will do best.

HOOLIE
10-08-2007, 01:13 AM
Most sizable developments have an HOA, and a lot of them will print a monthly newsletter. You can run an ad typically for $5-$20 a month. Surprisingly a LOT of people check out the ads in them. For the price you can't beat it.

fiveoboy01
10-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Depends how much money you have to spend on advertising...

I'm guessing with 25 accounts, not a ton.

Design a flyer, get it printed on quality paper by a local printer, then start distributing them everywhere. Also, keep business cards handy and give them to anyone and everyone that will take one. Both these methods have worked well for me.

davis45
10-08-2007, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=fiveoboy01;1988896]Depends how much money you have to spend on advertising...

I'm guessing with 25 accounts, not a ton. QUOTE]

Money is not a huge issue. Like i said this is still part-time for me(have another job), just want more work still.

TarheelTLC
10-08-2007, 11:21 PM
I tried flyers and did not get any response first go around. I need the money but only have so much time. While my wife was out with the baby we struggled. I put 50 flyers out offering cut, trim, clean, and even round up for only $30.00. I was doing some yards already in the neighbor hood that took about 45-60 minutes. I have been cutting the hedges for free and more. Many compliment....... but no new accounts. I weren't making hardly anything but got no calls. I had nice flyers with the weekly forcast showing over 100 degrees for the next 5 days. I am gearing up for next year with better equipment (new blower) and working around the clock if it takes it. I plan on putting flyers on every door I can find. My question to everyone is we all have a max. If I put out 500 flyers but know I can't take more than say 20 customers what do you do? I hate to turn down customers and they may spread the word not to call next year when I can take on more.

stevenf
10-09-2007, 12:20 AM
I thought the same thing you did but hopefully some people will look at it this way ,,,,, If your to busy, you must be really popular and loaded down with all the satisfied customers you can handle

Crusis
10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
If you put out 500 flyers and you get 20 customers, you're doing pretty well with your choice of where to flyer. We've probably put out 1500-2000 flyers this year.

My wife and I get back probably 1% or less in flyer calls.

If an HOA has a monthly pamphlet, get in it. It's much more likely to get read.

SHADESOFGREENLAWNCARE
10-09-2007, 11:00 AM
I have also found about 1% to be the response rate on flyer's!:walking:

TarheelTLC
10-09-2007, 11:40 AM
No, I was saying what if I put out 500 and got 20 responses. I would hate to turn down any new accounts because of not being able to handle the work load. That is why I have been putting them out in 50s. I have got 0% response rate so far. After seeing that 1% is typical I guess it is time to start putting them out in bulk.