PDA

View Full Version : Usc Goes Down At Home

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Monumental upset. Scores that really caught my eye as well. Tenn waxing Geo and Mizzou burying Huskers.

How about those ROCKIES! This is one of the most unbelievable sport winning streaks in history.

ONE MORE WEEK

BOYS VS PATS

FIMCO VS ROTAR

Kiril
10-07-2007, 09:16 AM
BOYS VS PATS

I'll save you the trouble of posting next weeks headline.

PATS CRUSH THE BOYS 34-10

EagleLandscape
10-07-2007, 09:49 AM
A&M BARELY scooted by last night. That was unnerving.

PurpHaze
10-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Monumental upset.

I told you that USC wasn't as strong across the board as they've been in the past and their loss to Stanford was not a shock to me. Personally... I'm impressed with CAL because I think they actually have better personnel in key positions and seem to click when need be. However... I'll say it again, the PAC-10 winner will not be undefeated in conference play and I doubt there will be a PAC-10 rep in the national championship game.

I also was happy that LSU came form behind and beat Florida. I don't like dynasties in any sport even if it might be a team I particularly like. Look at the national champions from the past several years and we've seen that the cream-of-the-crop programs (Florida, Ohio State, USC, Florida, Texas, etc. have risen to the challenge but none has been able to establish a dynasty as could be accomplished in the past.

I listened to an ESPN guy on parity within NCAAF and he made an interesting comment on this very aspect: (1) the scholarships have been reduced to 85 so a school can't lock up players that could go to other schools and be key players and (2) with all the TV exposure now even teams that traditionally wouldn't be in the national limelight like South Florida can attract quality players because they know they will get TV exposure. On any given day any team can beat another school.

I too was impressed with Missouri's lopsided win and then KU has been impressive this year. The Big 12 north seems to be rising.

Although the OSU-Texas game was a good one there are equally talented teams/games out there.

I personally think it's been a good year for NCAA football and look forward to more upsets along the way.

Critical Care
10-07-2007, 12:12 PM
USC isn't as strong as before, but losing to Stanford was still a surprise to me. Oregon beat Stanford this year, but I'm fearing will lose to USC. But strange things happen, I remember last year or the year before when a very strong USC went down to Oregon State. It was one of those weird times in history.

And this year Oregon State actually was out ahead of Arizona State for a while on the Sun Devil's own turf, but then reality settled in and the Beavs fell apart. The Sun Devils just pulled by 9'th ranked Washington State to win that game by a field goal in the last 50 seconds. Purp, you may be right that the PAC-10 winner will not be undefeated in conference play; that leaves Arizona State and Cal in the running.

PurpHaze
10-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Purp, you may be right that the PAC-10 winner will not be undefeated in conference play; that leaves Arizona State and Cal in the running.

It's still early and USC might of learned a lot from the loss to Stanford and may rebound. However, I think the conference title is a horse race right now and USC has stumbled a couple of lengths behind.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-08-2007, 07:38 AM
A&M BARELY scooted by last night. That was unnerving.

Yeah very unnerving. Tech next week and with that secondary they may have a field day. I hate losing to Tech High more than anybody including tu.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-08-2007, 07:45 AM
I told you that USC wasn't as strong across the board as they've been in the past and their loss to Stanford was not a shock to me. Personally... I'm impressed with CAL because I think they actually have better personnel in key positions and seem to click when need be. However... I'll say it again, the PAC-10 winner will not be undefeated in conference play and I doubt there will be a PAC-10 rep in the national championship game.

I also was happy that LSU came form behind and beat Florida. I don't like dynasties in any sport even if it might be a team I particularly like. Look at the national champions from the past several years and we've seen that the cream-of-the-crop programs (Florida, Ohio State, USC, Florida, Texas, etc. have risen to the challenge but none has been able to establish a dynasty as could be accomplished in the past.

I listened to an ESPN guy on parity within NCAAF and he made an interesting comment on this very aspect: (1) the scholarships have been reduced to 85 so a school can't lock up players that could go to other schools and be key players and (2) with all the TV exposure now even teams that traditionally wouldn't be in the national limelight like South Florida can attract quality players because they know they will get TV exposure. On any given day any team can beat another school.

I too was impressed with Missouri's lopsided win and then KU has been impressive this year. The Big 12 north seems to be rising.

Although the OSU-Texas game was a good one there are equally talented teams/games out there.

I personally think it's been a good year for NCAA football and look forward to more upsets along the way.

It's kind of like the NCAA basketball. Get a mature team with lots of seniors playing young hotshot teams where all the players want to leave their soph or junior year and upsets are always potentially there. I like dynasties myself but it is nice to see new teams. One of the most exciting sports times in my life was when the 60's Cowboys were trying to overcome the Great GB Packer teams. I still see Starr sneaking into the goal line as if it was yesterday. I'm also finding myself following college football more than pro now. Every week seems like a playoff week.

Kiril
10-08-2007, 08:36 AM
I don't mind dynasties either, as long as it is not the boys or the Lakers. ;)

jeffinsgf
10-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Well, it looks like Mizzou thumping the 'Huskers opened a few eyes.

ESPN's College Game Day is going to broadcast from Norman, OK, site of the MU - OU game.

As a kid living in MO, a student at MU, and an alumnus, I've been watching the Sooners beat my Tigers for over 40 years. This year we have a chance of actually playing on the same level with them. If the same defense that played this week at home against Nebraska gets on the bus to Norman, this will be the best college game to watch this week and one of the best of the year. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-08-2007, 07:08 PM
I will be pulling for MIZZOU.

Mike Leary
10-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Living in a area that seems to have sports failures (no matter how much
money the team owners have) , I ::backs out of thread:.