PDA

View Full Version : Fully Loaded Trailer-Equipment Pics

tsh1773
10-07-2007, 01:53 PM
This equipment is used by myself and 1 employee. We only work on Saturdays (Senior Cost Accountant Monday-Friday).

tsh1773
10-07-2007, 01:55 PM
More photos...

Lawn Enforcer
10-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Nice rig, that will get some work done for you!

JG Landscaping
10-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Do you think you could fit a few more things on that trailer? :laugh: Very nice equipment though!

ExclusiveLawnCare
10-07-2007, 03:27 PM
thats alot of stuff on a trailer wow, its got eveything.

metro36
10-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I agree. Its one packed trailer. Nice stuff you got there. Looks like you are ready to tackle most jobs.

RedMax Man
10-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Why so many backpack spayers? You got a tool to tackle everything it appears.

Lawnworks
10-07-2007, 05:16 PM
overkill ya think???

Runner
10-07-2007, 05:54 PM
I know someone is going to ask anyway, so I'll ask. How in the world - do you cover the costs of insurance and pesticide licensing if you are a weekend warrior who does this one day a week?

PerfectEarth
10-07-2007, 06:08 PM
I know someone is going to ask anyway, so I'll ask. How in the world - do you cover the costs of insurance and pesticide licensing if you are a weekend warrior who does this one day a week?

Easy- probably no insurance, no applicator's license, and no taxes paid.

FearThisDeere
10-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Looks good, but you do need a bigger trailer!

deere615
10-07-2007, 08:02 PM
thats alot of equipment for only saturdays. It looks really nice though. everything especially the hand tools are very well organized.

razor1
10-07-2007, 08:18 PM
I hope DOT does'nt work on the weekends.........:nono::laugh:

South Florida Lawns
10-07-2007, 08:20 PM
someone needs an enclosed to hang half that stuff on the walls out of the way

tsh1773
10-07-2007, 09:50 PM
I am licensed. Check my website if you need to verify. I am insured. I pay $550 for $300k liability which is required for the pesticide license. I also pay $750 per year for workers' comp insurance. Proof of both insurances is required by two of my commercial accounts, a church and a mini storage facility. As for the backpack sprayers question. One has Prosecutor, kills everything. One has Weed B Gon Max with Turflon Ester to kill bermuda in Fescue and the third one has Weed B Max with Image to kill fescue and nutsedges in Bermuda. Normally I don't carry everything at one time but that day a couple of weeks ago I had to. Normally I don't carry the overseeder or the aerator, just this time of year. Most every customer of mine uses my weed and feed program which more than pays for the insurance and licensing fee ($50 per year) As for the worker's comp, the church pays $650 per month and the storage facility pays $150 per month so I covered. I run a part time business like and full timer would, no short cuts.

tsh1773
10-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Easy- probably no insurance, no applicator's license, and no taxes paid.

Probably jumps to conclusions, probably doesn't know what he's talking about. I pride myself on being legal.

Tadams
10-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Man, that trailer looks good with all that stuff on it. There is one thing that I didn't see..............................................the kitchen sink! Just pulling your leg. It does look good!

tjsquickcuts
10-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Nice rig, but really its a little too much.....But as a weekend warrior, I guess it works. I just would hate to have to take everything off the trailer just to get to the wb.

But I do see you have some knowledge with treatments because you have all your controls separated. I see so many lic. app. guys mix using their sprayers.

Try cosair on fescue in bermuda, works like nothing else IMO....Todd, hows the big lake looking up your way????

old oak lawn
10-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Looks good.A lot of $$$ spent for part time.how do you likie the lesco renovator? and with all that equipment are you planing on going full time?

tsh1773
10-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Looks good.A lot of $$$ spent for part time.how do you likie the lesco renovator? and with all that equipment are you planing on going full time?

Love the renovator, second season with it. Does a great job. I wish it had swivel wheels on the front though. I'm prepared to go full time if my full time job goes away for downsizing or whatever.

Supper Grassy
10-08-2007, 08:07 PM
very nice equipment

nobagger
10-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Probably jumps to conclusions, probably doesn't know what he's talking about. I pride myself on being legal.

Good for you man! Hopefully you load the trailer as to what you need first,lol. It would probably take 20 minutes just to unload, nice stuff, keep it up.:waving:

lifetree
10-08-2007, 09:04 PM
I am licensed. Check my website if you need to verify. I am insured. I pay $550 for $300k liability which is required for the pesticide license. I also pay $750 per year for workers' comp insurance. Proof of both insurances is required by two of my commercial accounts ... I run a part time business like and full timer would, no short cuts.

Congratulations !! It sounds like you've made it successful as a part-time business ... equipment setup looks nice , too !!

brownsallseasonlandscape
10-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Is everyone over looking the fact that he is pulling it with an f-150 FORD how does it move. Im with one of the other guys hope DOT isn't out on saturday with no straps. They hit that hard around here.

mattfromNY
10-09-2007, 09:05 PM
$750 per YEAR? for workers comp? I pay more than that per QUARTER! Man, that alone will tell some of you southerners why us NY'ers are such d&*ks. Taxes and insurance up here kills us!!

T Total Lawncare
10-09-2007, 11:39 PM
You must do it for a little release, or because things are hectic around the house on weekends. That is a butt load of equipment for just Saturdays. Heck that is more equipment than a lot of full timers have. How many accounts do you service and what all services do you provide. It must be some high end accounts to foot the bills on all that equipment, licenses and insurance and still be profitable.

tsh1773
10-10-2007, 08:13 AM
The F150 had no problem with that. On a normal Saturday I take with me the Tiger Cub and Samurai along with all the hand tools. DOT doesnt care around here. No one uses straps on their mowers. I see landscape trucks with ZTRs hanging off the dovetail with the gate up. On the day I had everything loaded nothing could move around, no straps were needed. I do strap down the Samurai to keep it from getting damaged. The cub doesn't move with the parking brake on. I only use the Scag walk behind every third week. I currently have 38 accounts, 25 of them are full service (mowing, fert, seeding, etc). The other 13 are fert only. Generally work from 7:30 to 5 on Saturdays.

T Total Lawncare
10-10-2007, 01:54 PM
The F150 had no problem with that. On a normal Saturday I take with me the Tiger Cub and Samurai along with all the hand tools. DOT doesnt care around here. No one uses straps on their mowers. I see landscape trucks with ZTRs hanging off the dovetail with the gate up. On the day I had everything loaded nothing could move around, no straps were needed. I do strap down the Samurai to keep it from getting damaged. The cub doesn't move with the parking brake on. I only use the Scag walk behind every third week. I currently have 38 accounts, 25 of them are full service (mowing, fert, seeding, etc). The other 13 are fert only. Generally work from 7:30 to 5 on Saturdays.

What do you do if it's pouring down rain on a Saturday. How do you get caught back up?

Runner
10-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to do 25 accounts on a Saturday....After 23 years, I am ready and eager to learn, though!!!

tsh1773
10-11-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to do 25 accounts on a Saturday....After 23 years, I am ready and eager to learn, though!!!

I don't do all 25 every Saturday. Most are every-2-week accounts. 12 one week, 13 the next. If it rains, which it hasn't but once this summer on a Saturday, I take a vacation day and work on the Friday before or Monday after.

tjsquickcuts
10-12-2007, 12:09 AM
I don't do all 25 every Saturday. Most are every-2-week accounts. 12 one week, 13 the next. If it rains, which it hasn't but once this summer on a Saturday, I take a vacation day and work on the Friday before or Monday after.

Hope your boss doesnt google you and this come up....would look kinda bad once they find out how you are using your vacation days....but i must say I am not mad at you....lol....I remember when I was in the corp. america I used to call in because I was still toasted from the night before...:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :cool2: :drinkup: :drinkup: :cool2: :drinkup::help: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

tsh1773
10-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Hope your boss doesnt google you and this come up....would look kinda bad once they find out how you are using your vacation days....but i must say I am not mad at you....lol....I remember when I was in the corp. america I used to call in because I was still toasted from the night before...:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :cool2: :drinkup: :drinkup: :cool2: :drinkup::help: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

My boss knows what I do. Her husband does the same thing full time. She understands.

daveyo
10-13-2007, 05:52 AM
your trailer is as packed as mine, just purchased a 8.5x16.5 enclosed though. I wanted to ask how is the renovator treating you. I just purchased one this year and once it gets hot it's very hard to start up again. also the forward/reverse lever is giving me problems. The problem is I need it and can't put it in to get looked at yet :cry:

PerfectEarth
10-13-2007, 08:35 AM

I stand corrected. Plus, I was only bwing a smartass. Of course I don't know you or your legitimacy.... No offense meant. Good luck!

South Florida Lawns
10-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Man you got your work cut out for you. Keep busy and good luck with the business.

NEUSWEDE
10-13-2007, 07:04 PM
I pride myself on being legal.

That trailer definitely isn't legal

Dunlaps LawnCare
10-13-2007, 10:16 PM
looks good u got everything