PDA

View Full Version : someone please show me what a lawn looks like after being aerated please.

tbettis
10-08-2007, 03:37 PM
just wanted a general idea as to what an aerated lawn looks like

Team-Green L&L
10-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Core Areation pulls plugs approx 2-3" in depth from the turf allowing air, nutrients and water to penetrate the surface of the ground and help to balance the ph level of the soil. Here is a picture for reference.

tbettis
10-08-2007, 09:26 PM
thanks green.. not really exactly what i was looking for as far as a picture go, but i take it. thanks buddy

nobagger
10-08-2007, 09:34 PM
thanks green.. not really exactly what i was looking for as far as a picture go, but i take it. thanks buddy

Picture hundreds of 2-3" dog tirds all over the lawn.

ok4me2xlr8
10-09-2007, 12:43 AM
More like goose Turds!!!

grass disaster
10-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Core Areation pulls plugs approx 2-3" in depth from the turf allowing air, nutrients and water to penetrate the surface of the ground and help to balance the ph level of the soil. Here is a picture for reference.

gas???

is that leaded or unleaded?

PlatinumLandCon
10-09-2007, 05:11 PM
gas???

is that leaded or unleaded?

thats halarious..... gas as in air, nitrogen, oxygen

Eric D
10-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Is there a good reference to read up on this process? I would like to better understand how this works. Will it improve all lawns or does it depend on grass and soil type? What about timing, is fall or spring better?

turfcobob
10-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Evey lawn will look different. A lush lawn will hide all the cores and holes so you will see very little. What are you looking for?

tbettis
10-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Evey lawn will look different. A lush lawn will hide all the cores and holes so you will see very little. What are you looking for?

just an idea of what it will look like afterwards..because my lawn is scheduled for it later this week.

americanlawn
10-09-2007, 06:41 PM

That is a very nice & thorough job of aerating. Nice job! :usflag: Hope you also overseeded, cuz it looks like a lawn that is in the final stage of being established. Customer should be very happy come spring.

TAZ
10-09-2007, 06:49 PM

yeah that is what i was going to say. I cut up around 3 1/2-4" and all I saw was the goose turds and that was only when looking down into the grass.

-TAZ

wahlturfcare
10-10-2007, 04:19 PM
some yards that i do will have the cores laying on top of the ground that you see, but most of mine you dont see that much unless your looking right on top of the yard.

Tadams
10-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Your lawn is scheduled for it this week? Who is going to do it? Are you or is there another company that is going to do it? What kind of grass do you have? I would hope that you have fescue and not bermuda, zoysia, or centipede. If you have fescue and if it's tall (3.5-5") then you probably will not see any of the turds. If it is just weeds and short you will see a lot of the little turds.

just an idea of what it will look like afterwards..because my lawn is scheduled for it later this week.

DuraCutter
10-11-2007, 12:48 AM
just wanted a general idea as to what an aerated lawn looks like

With the internet, use google and you'll be amazed at what you find.

:) :laugh:

adrianrog
10-13-2007, 09:47 PM
I would hope that you have fescue and not bermuda, zoysia, or centipede.

What's wrong with bermuda, zoysia or centipede?

grandview (2006)
10-13-2007, 10:07 PM
http://www.lawnaerating.com/