PDA

View Full Version : Placement of lights??

NorthernLawns
10-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Do you think Christmas lights should go on top of the gutter or under the soffit?

wurkn with amish
10-08-2007, 09:24 PM
depends on the application
---year round- under soffit
---seasonal -- under shingles

Jason Rose
10-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Top of the gutter is the best because they can be seen from more angles, if you can visualize that...
If they are under the soffits, many times if you arer looking at them from down the street you can only see one side of them becaue from the angle you are at part will be obstructed.

Same goes for all the way around the house. Also, pointing up is the better way to go if you can.

wurkn with amish
10-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Be replacing alot more bulbs if they point up( water corroding)
shingle tabs help point out and slightly down.

David Gretzmier
10-09-2007, 11:38 PM
we do pointing up. have not had corrosion issues on some of our 7 year old jobs. the all in one clip allows you to do pointing out on gutters or pointing up on edge of shingles. we don't install under soffits.

ccondie
10-11-2007, 01:06 AM
are you guys just using those cheap plastic clips to put lights up and then when you get them up all the bulbs are pointed every which way? Please say you at least staple them to the soffit or something so they look uniform and straight.

wurkn with amish
10-11-2007, 09:06 PM
shingle tabs- as straight as an arrow!

Jason Rose
10-12-2007, 12:06 AM
are you guys just using those cheap plastic clips to put lights up and then when you get them up all the bulbs are pointed every which way? Please say you at least staple them to the soffit or something so they look uniform and straight.

Yep, just those cheap plastic clips. the kind that HOLDS EACH BULB POINTING IN ONE CERTIAN DIRECTION.

Staples... Well, go ahead and try that on a vinal or metal sided house, or anyone that actually CARES about their home.

David Gretzmier
10-16-2007, 02:31 AM
all -in -one clips from holiday light source. perfectly staight, and does not damage the house.

(wi) Roots
10-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Nice Dave, are you finding yourself busy yet?

dmoney
10-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Shingle tabs all the way. Put them on top of the gutter. Helps keep them from falling off and is much faster than all in one clips. Also You could not pay me enough to staple to a house

(wi) Roots
10-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Placing shingle tabs over gutter at times hinder the visibility of them on higher homes. A way around this is to place shingle tabs one level up from gutter. However, now your talking about using a scraper to help break free the tar underneath roofing shingle. Which if you have no gutter is the only way in my opinion to have a professional appearance. Otherwise, I would recommend gutter clips for gutters.

David Gretzmier
10-23-2007, 12:26 AM
pretty busy. booked til Nov. 16 or so.

(wi) Roots
10-23-2007, 08:00 PM
pretty busy. booked til Nov. 16 or so.

Me too! Although I'm solo this year, I'm extremely challenged! But in a good way.:)