PDA

View Full Version : greesing the Toro Heavy Duty

TheChiefsLawnCare
10-08-2007, 09:56 PM
does any1 no if they 21 inch toro heavy duty (commercial of course) comes pre greesed, the piviot and then gear box, orrrr do the sales people do that when they set it up or do I have to greese that before using it??? in the book it says 2 do 25 hours and then 100 hours, but i dont no when they mean 25 hours. after i have dont it when i bought it before running it, orrrr greese it after i bought and before i used it or after i have used it for 25 hours??? i hope i didnt confuse any1, you respinse greatly appreciated

tamadrummer
10-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Holy cow this is a confusing question. Not only is it worded poorly but you are using chat lingo in it.

Can you re-read it and re-post it unless someone else understands it and can answer. I cannot help at this point.

Good Luck,
Brian

dgfitz
10-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Just check the grease yourself, and at the end of the week check the grease in the gearbox again. The gearbox should be cheked every week
for now on. Tamadrummer would not be confused if he was a Ludwig drummer:)

TheChiefsLawnCare
10-09-2007, 12:35 AM
ok, thanx, sry tama i spend like 5 hours a day on aim sooo thats y i write in these things the way that i do. ok, and for dgfitz, how do you check the greese in the gear box and wheels, well in the book they give ya they say the piviot arms.

TheChiefsLawnCare
10-09-2007, 12:48 AM
to clear the thread up for TAMA, my basic question is that when you buy a 21 inch toro heavy duty from a dealer that has set it up before you buy it, is it necessary to greese all the parts that need to be greesed before you start to use it to cut lawns. and i wonder if it is necessary to greese everything once a week if i only have 9 lawns currently. sorry about the confussion.

tamadrummer
10-09-2007, 08:24 AM
to clear the thread up for TAMA, my basic question is that when you buy a 21 inch toro heavy duty from a dealer that has set it up before you buy it, is it necessary to greese all the parts that need to be greesed before you start to use it to cut lawns. and i wonder if it is necessary to greese everything once a week if i only have 9 lawns currently. sorry about the confussion.

No it should not be necessary to grease until the hours of operation have run out or if you deem it necessary to grease earlier. Just do not grease too much or you can ruin seals on the gearbox or pivot arms.

Just add what the manual tells you to add at the intervals that are recommended and you should be good to go.

Brian

topsites
10-09-2007, 11:22 AM
ok, thanx, sry tama i spend like 5 hours a day on aim sooo thats y i write in these things the way that i do.

'k so y n07 rite l!ke diz, y b so n0rml?

lawnmaniac883
10-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Toro says to grease pivot arms every 25 hours and input shaft of the transmission every 100 hours.

lawnpro724
10-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Most dealers or should I say quality dealer will set up the mower before you come in to pick it up. They will grease it and make sure all the cables are set and ready to go. I sharpen blades and grease weekly even though it may not need much but better to be safe than sorry.