PDA

View Full Version : Turfco Turnaer 6

Thunderbolt
10-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Thinking about buying a tufco turnaer 6 aerator, is this a good choice for the money? pros cons? Thanks:) :) Is the stand on chariot option worth it? :)

turfcobob
10-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Here are a few points. The TA-6 is the larger of the two designed for larger lawns. Say over 8000 sq ft. You can use it on smaller lawns but it is big and fast. The real pay off for this machine is when you can get on a big lawn and use the ride on Chariot. You will double your production with little effort. The unit will do all the driving if you let it and learn how to use it. It will handle hills like you cannot believe as all the weight is within 12 inches of the ground. You can literally do figure 8s on hills a regular aerator would roll off on. Spring loaded lift, and brake steering do the work if you let it. The TA-4 is designed for the 8000 and down lawns. Any questions feel free to ask. I am 60 yrs old and can do my 1 acre lawn with ease.

sclawndr
10-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I'd go with the smaller one. It's easier to use a small machine on a big yard than a big machine on a small yard. I've had both and kept the smaller one. The chariot is handy but only on bigger areas. Other than that, you're walking, which is still easier because of the turning brakes. The problem with the bigger model is that it's heavy to wiggle around, especially on smaller yards. Get something like a Steiner for bigger yards - they're blazing fast, very maneuverable and go up and down hills like a goat.

Seacoast
10-15-2007, 09:13 PM
I bought a Turnaer 6 this fall. I operate solo, and with the Chariot,I am able to do all my properties by myself. I trim all edges and obstacles walking, then grab the Chariot and ride the rest (I walk it if it's a small lawn.) Unless you have lots of postage stamp size lots, I would go with the TA 6 as I have yet to have a lawn be too small for it (unless you have lots of gates) I am very happy with mine so far. I was surprised at how well that 4hp engine can pull me around at almost 200 lbs. Only on steep hill climbs do I sometimes have to stand on the Chariot with 1 foot while pushing a little with the other.
Hope this helps!:usflag:

Thunderbolt
10-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the info everybody keep them coming :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

dcart8583
10-15-2007, 11:31 PM
I have no regrets with my Turnaer 6. I do from 1500 to 20,000 sqft yards with no problems. Small yards I walk with it trottled slow and large yards I use the chariet and the throttle wide open. It is still a good work out, but no where as bad as other aerators I've used. It will still fit through a 36 inch gate too. Plus their customer service is great. I had mine in less than week.

n-green
10-16-2007, 03:17 PM
I have a 6 and it use it on all my lawns, big or small. Very fast once I learned how to use it. I have only used the chariot on large props;hard to back up if you get pinned. I can almost do a 180 degree turn without tearing turf. I have added a few hemorhoids getting it back on the trailer but think they have that fixed now.