PDA

View Full Version : Broken trailer axle... pos

ccondie
10-10-2007, 12:54 AM
I was just getting ready to go home after work, as i was turning the corner i look out my mirror and i see one of my trailer wheels rolling across the street. From the get go i have had problems with this trailer and this just tops it off. it is not even a year old got it in april of this yr. Needless to say iam going to take it back and demand my money back. The gate is already broken and the welds on the trailer are already cracked after only 7 - 8 mo. Below are some pics of the POS!

LawnBoy89
10-10-2007, 09:33 AM
I have never seen a gate like that in my life!!! Good luck hopefully you get a refund i definetly think you deserve one

newz7151
10-10-2007, 09:52 AM
How much did you pay for that trailer, where did you buy it from, and who uses skinny little rebar for gate rungs?

KS_Grasscutter
10-10-2007, 09:54 AM
I have never seen a gate like that in my life!!! Good luck hopefully you get a refund i definetly think you deserve one

Yes. OMG. How much did you have to pay for that POS trailer? Get your money back there, and go get a PJ trailer, they are the best their is. www.pjtrailers.com

shane mapes
10-10-2007, 11:23 AM
was this trailer bought new it looks pretty beat up for the short time you have had it .

ccondie
10-10-2007, 11:51 AM
that trailer came from chanute trailer mfg. out of chanute ks. yeah i cant believe it looks so beat up already. ksgrasscutter you got any recomendations on where to buy a trailer around here?

Guzman Properties
10-10-2007, 11:59 AM
WOW, that definately looks like a POS!!

The wheels look like spare tire rims for a car.

DoetschOutdoor
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Ummmm, how much did you pay for that trailer new?? Im hoping you didnt pay that much and why in the world would you take delivery of a trailer with a gate like that? Why didnt the gate, the crappy wheels, etc. send you running?

South Florida Lawns
10-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Man I have seen some cheap trailers but this one just topped them all. Aside from all the broken stuff you can tell its really cheap because all the steel is thin and there is basically no frame it looks like through the mesh floor.

Supper Grassy
10-10-2007, 03:30 PM
dude that trailer is shot i would ask for refund if they say no. you respond my lawyer will be in touch

THEGOLDPRO
10-10-2007, 03:59 PM
yeah wow, thats a cheap ass trailor, lol good luck with it.

ccondie
10-10-2007, 08:41 PM
yeahI just took it back to the co i got it from and they are going to repair everything that is screwed up and repaint it. Then iam going to sell it. Its just a breakdown waiting to happen. when i was down there i told them they better not put the rebar **** on the gate again and it better be expanded metal when i get it back. so we will see supposed to get it back in about a week.

Supper Grassy
10-10-2007, 09:33 PM
yeahI just took it back to the co i got it from and they are going to repair everything that is screwed up and repaint it. Then iam going to sell it. Its just a breakdown waiting to happen. when i was down there i told them they better not put the rebar **** on the gate again and it better be expanded metal when i get it back. so we will see supposed to get it back in about a week.

Might want to go buy a new trailer soon

tjsquickcuts
10-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Man where were you cutting, in hell....because that thing looks like its been there and back a few times if you just bought that thing in April...

KS_Grasscutter
10-10-2007, 10:05 PM
that trailer came from chanute trailer mfg. out of chanute ks. yeah i cant believe it looks so beat up already. ksgrasscutter you got any recomendations on where to buy a trailer around here?

Well, it would be quite a drive for you, but I would go to Trailertown in Wichita (maybe Park City, pretty much the same now lol). They sell PJ trailers, I LOVE MINE. It is the heaviest built out there. I would get no less then a 83"x16'. It even seems SMALL at times... Also would bet money they have exactly what you want in stock, they have LOTS of trailers around there.

Gruneich Lawn Care, Inc.
10-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Wow, that trailer is bad. I would sell it and buy a new one. Look around at all the trailers, I have had PJ trailers before, I ended up buying from a smaller local guy, only has about 10 employee's, and builds just a good of a trailer as PJ. For enclosed I would highly suggest looking at H&H trailers.

South Florida Lawns
10-10-2007, 11:32 PM
A week, what are you gonna do? Do you have another trailer you can use as back up? I always hate when a dealer says its gonna take a week.

PLM-1
10-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Go out to Austin's on K7 almost to lansing. He has H&H, haulmark and a few others.

ccondie
10-11-2007, 01:33 AM
A week, what are you gonna do? Do you have another trailer you can use as back up? I always hate when a dealer says its gonna take a week.

Yeah a week. I rented a 5x12 for a week. it costs $105 / wk. it was the best option i had at the time. As soon as i get it back from being fixed iam going to sell it. know any one who wants a pos?:laugh:

ccondie
10-11-2007, 01:37 AM
oh yeah, in pic # 2 where the welds are cracked in the front corners. They told me that, it isnt uncommon for that to happen. I said what it is only 7 mo old and its already cracked thats not right, i dont care who you are. It looks old b/c i have used the hell out of it this summer. but it should be able to stand up to what i call normal wear and tear.

Supper Grassy
10-11-2007, 07:31 AM
know any one who wants a pos?:laugh:

DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT try to sell that to a LS member, you are basicly hosing them over

scholzee
10-11-2007, 04:21 PM
oh yeah, in pic # 2 where the welds are cracked in the front corners. They told me that, it isnt uncommon for that to happen. I said what it is only 7 mo old and its already cracked thats not right, i dont care who you are. It looks old b/c i have used the hell out of it this summer. but it should be able to stand up to what i call normal wear and tear.

A weld should be as strong as the metal, should never break at the weld, usually just near it because of the heat affected zone from welding weakens the metal.

cgland
10-11-2007, 04:45 PM
How did you get anything on the trailer?????

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
10-11-2007, 04:53 PM
You keep responding to everything but how much you paid for it. So what did you pay? I'd sell it to a scrap yard for it's weight, I'd be too embarassed to sell it to someone.

ccondie
10-11-2007, 08:50 PM
I paid $1200 for it.

ccondie
10-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Hey supper grassy you want to buy this trailer? if someone on here was stupid enough to buy it after reading this thread then that is there problem.

G.M.Landscaping
10-19-2007, 04:12 PM
When are you getting it back?

vadeere
10-19-2007, 09:07 PM
mesh floors have no place on trailers

ccondie
10-19-2007, 09:39 PM
im getting it back tomorrow night. its about time. the guy is a fukcing ssa hole who fixed it. same people who made it.

Bull
10-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Yea that is a crappy looking trailer but you should have been able to determine what you were getting into before you bought it. In most cases such as this one you can see what you are paying for, it was right in front of your eyes. Research and learn what to look for prior to buying any type of equipment. Best of luck on your next purchase.