PDA

View Full Version : Lutron really slapped my face

pete scalia
10-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I bought a Lutron maestro dimmer switch and went to hook it up on the job. This is their reasonably priced IR remote controlled switch. Upon reading the directions I found it's not to be used with magnetic transformers. Said nothing of the sort on the exterior of package. Lutron you really slapped my face.

pete scalia
10-14-2007, 11:56 PM
I bought a Lutron maestro dimmer switch and went to hook it up on the job. This is their reasonably priced IR remote controlled switch. Upon reading the directions I found it's not to be used with magnetic transformers. Said nothing of the sort on the exterior of package. Lutron you really slapped my face.

Pete, looks like you were the only one to fall victim to Lutron.

Chris J
10-15-2007, 12:20 AM

Perhaps more research would have saved you some trouble?

pete scalia
10-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Perhaps more research would have saved you some trouble?

perhaps Lewis, but that's what you get Pete when you make Home Depot your primary go to supplier.

Chris J
10-15-2007, 10:21 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-15-2007, 10:58 PM
I have always found Lutron Packaging very descriptive and easy to read. On their dimmer lines all of the part numbers make use of similar coding.

LV = magnetic low voltage
ELV = electronic low voltage

So when you pick up a DVLV600P-IV you know you have a Diva Magnetic Low Voltage rated for 600wats in ivory.

Have a great day.

pete scalia
10-15-2007, 11:03 PM
I have always found Lutron Packaging very descriptive and easy to read. On their dimmer lines all of the part numbers make use of similar coding.

LV = magnetic low voltage
ELV = electronic low voltage

So when you pick up a DVLV600P-IV you know you have a Diva Magnetic Low Voltage rated for 600wats in ivory.

Have a great day.

Takes a Diva to know a Diva so there. Are you implying something?