PDA

View Full Version : A little help

coxlandscaping
10-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Hello all Iíve got a real problem and Iím not sure what may be going on I have a Zone of Hunter Pro Spray bodyís with Rain Bird Van Sprays in a Landscape Bed I ran the zone several times to make sure all was working as it should the guys came in put the rock and pine straw down and I went back today to turn the system on in the plant beds and the things will not popup if you hold the stem up on one of them for a min all the heads will popup and you can here the pressure increase Iím not sure what may have happened to cause this as it was working fine the day before thanks for any help

Mike Leary
10-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Rock + pipe = hairline crack or break that is backing up in fill & giving some
pressure, tho not enough to activate the pops....cap all the heads..fire at will,
you'll find the river. Another good reason for adult supervision.:hammerhead:

coxlandscaping
10-11-2007, 06:22 PM
All the ditch’s were filled in before hand with dirt the rock were brown rock placed on landscape fabric do you still it’s a hairline crack in the pipe

Mike Leary
10-11-2007, 06:37 PM
We've made "seal caps" for this occasion...epoxy, whatever..had Weather
Matic supply us with blank nozzles for install & your problem. Short of digging
up the heads & capping the swing joints...dialing down the flow screws on the nozzles
mite find the problem.....flow control on the valve dialed down?

coxlandscaping
10-11-2007, 06:57 PM
I can’t believe I’m going to haft to start digging around in that bed I know it’s the nature of the beast but with all the landscape done the customer is going to have a fit

Mike Leary
10-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Yep..cap the heads..were you the general contractor?:hammerhead:

Mike Leary
10-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh by the way...I'm sure you mite surmise..happened to me too!

coxlandscaping
10-11-2007, 07:38 PM
No, we are over the irrigation, shrub, Hardscapes & sowing the lawn areas I talked with the contractor today about the problem he is not happy about it but he understands that things just happen

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-11-2007, 10:31 PM
See any chance that something got turned off? I'd check the meter, irrigation shutoffs, flow control, and read the meter to confirm that digging and capping are the only options left.

PurpHaze
10-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Any other zones having pressure problems?

I'm not familiar with Rainbird VANs but every other type I've encountered can be closed down almost all the way which would give adequate pressure to pop up the entire zone. Course... I work with larger zones and even if a sprinkler is totally broken most of the remaining ones will still have enough pressure to pop up.

I'd start at the valve and make sure that the flow control (if it has one) is fully open and that the solenoid and diaphragm are properly working and that the valve is fully opening. If it's propely functioning and you have all the nozzles dialed down... start looking for water and a possible leak.

Kiril
10-12-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm not familiar with Rainbird VANs but every other type I've encountered can be closed down almost all the way which would give adequate pressure to pop up the entire zone.

You can shut them down by either arc or flow screws.

PurpHaze
10-12-2007, 08:15 AM
You can shut them down by either arc or flow screws.

Arc shutdown seems the way to go then since no tools are required. You don't have to try and line up a small screwdriver with a small slot with dirt potentially in the way. :)

coxlandscaping
10-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks for all the help itís nice to know you can get advice on here when youíre not real sure what the trouble may be. We have been really busy and I havenít had the chance to respond back we had to do a little investigating we started digging around trying to find any kind of leak. We did find a marlex fitting that was leaking some then I noticed that all the zones started having problems coming up. So I call the guy over the water dept. and found out that they discovered a couple days before that they had a pump going down and that there tank was way low of water and they were losing pressure all over the area.

Mike Leary
10-20-2007, 05:48 PM
So I call the guy over the water dept. and found out that they discovered a couple days before that they had a pump going down and that there tank was way low of water and they were losing pressure all over the area.

Talk about stump the chumps! This was a very important thread as we missed
that posibility your potable had changed pressure...will ask that question to
the next query, thanks.:)