PDA

View Full Version : New Loader

JDSKIDSTEER
10-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I guess since I have one on the lot and saw a couple truck loads going down the interstate I can finaly show a pic of our new baby loader.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Here's another shot. I got to test one a few weeks back at the factory.

cat2
10-11-2007, 09:37 PM
what is the hp and what is it rated at?

Tigerotor77W
10-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Rated probably at 1,350 and probably has about 52 horsepower. It probably weighs about 6,000 pounds, however.

How's that for a complete guess?

cat2
10-11-2007, 10:02 PM
thats what I was thinking roughly. Wonder if they are going to make a bigger one?

JDSKIDSTEER
10-11-2007, 10:04 PM
New 313 And 315 Both 49 Hp

313 Rated 1300 Lb. With Weight Kit 1400 Lb. Wt Of Unit 5150 Lb

AND YES...315 ...WE GOT ONE IN AT ANOTHER LOCATION TODAY. SHOULD HAVE MORE IN OUR LOCATION IN A FEW DAYS.

315 Rated 1500 Lb. With Weight Kit 1650 Lb Wt Of Unit 5200 Lb

315 Actualy Compairs Close To Early 240 Specs

Got to dig with them and they are strong little boogers.

Fieldman12
10-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Hmmm, I have been guessing for a while that Deere would come out with a radial lift. I bet soon they will have a radial in the bigger machines. Just a few things that I notice it looks like a boom design simular to Bobcat, and Takeuchi. Only thing that I have a little concern about is where the boom attaches to the machine at the back. Dont look like allot of metal around it. Maybe Im just funny but seems like the closer they are to the edge seems like the welds tend to break easier where the pin goes in. I noticed the Komatsu skid loaders have a few places where the pins go through that they are close to the edge as some other brands. Kind of remings me also of a Gehl machine.

cat2
10-11-2007, 10:30 PM
For what I do I like the raduis lift better. If they would come out with one rated at 1,700 then I would get one when I trade the bobcat in, but that won't be for a while.:laugh:

JDSKIDSTEER
10-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Rear visabilty sets us apart. No radial arm has the rear visability 313 or 315 has.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-11-2007, 10:37 PM
For what I do I like the raduis lift better. If they would come out with one rated at 1,700 then I would get one when I trade the bobcat in, but that won't be for a while.:laugh:
315 with rear wts comes close. I will compare breakouts and tipping load when I get time and let you know.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-11-2007, 10:41 PM
315 with rear wts comes close. I will compare breakouts and tipping load when I get time and let you know. Compares to Bobcat S150K, CAT 226B, NH L160, and Case 410.

RockSet N' Grade
10-11-2007, 10:42 PM
I like the foot step into the cab. I like, from what I can tell from here, the better range of visibility........and I always love the look of new paint, no matter what color it is.

Fieldman12
10-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Looks like the boom on this one locks up from outside the cab as some other brands. Any pics of the front with the boom up and the back of the machine? Suprised I did not see this at the Farm Science review last month. I think Deere will really have a super machine when they come out with there next model and Pilot controls. Im waiting for them to paint the boom black as there new backhoes, wheel loaders, and excavators. I guess that will make it look too much like a New Holland though. Whats the prices range on these babies?

JDSKIDSTEER
10-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Looks like the boom on this one locks up from outside the cab as some other brands. Any pics of the front with the boom up and the back of the machine? Suprised I did not see this at the Farm Science review last month. I think Deere will really have a super machine when they come out with there next model and Pilot controls. Im waiting for them to paint the boom black as there new backhoes, wheel loaders, and excavators. I guess that will make it look too much like a New Holland though. Whats the prices range on these babies?Boom actualy locks from the inside. I will have to raise and see if I get a better picture. These pictures just show the support.

cat2
10-11-2007, 10:52 PM
315 with rear wts comes close. I will compare breakouts and tipping load when I get time and let you know. Compares to Bobcat S150K, CAT 226B, NH L160, and Case 410.

OK sounds great. I really want to no. I have a bobcat s-160K with the weight package. Is rated at 1,700 Also have a jd 317:rolleyes:

Fieldman12
10-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Is the piece below the Deere emblem on the boom just a yellow guard? Looks like it has a hydraulic line for the cylinder going through it. At first I thought it flipped up some how to lock the boom. Deere stock is getting high. It was like $153.00 a share a few days ago.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Is the piece below the Deere emblem on the boom just a yellow guard? Looks like it has a hydraulic line for the cylinder going through it. At first I thought it flipped up some how to lock the boom. Deere stock is getting high. It was like $153.00 a share a few days ago.
No, There is a mechanism inside the cab latch and unlatch guard.

SiteSolutions
10-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Rear visabilty sets us apart. No radial arm has the rear visability 313 or 315 has.

I can't say I have compared them but I sat in an ASV last week and the operator seems to sit 6 or 10 inches higher than my Bobcat, higher than other loaders I've sat in. From up high, it was easy to see out in many directions.

xcopterdoc
10-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Rear vis is a big deal.
I read a article not long ago that listed the top 3 accidents with skid steers resulting in deaths.
#1 was backing up into or over someone.
#2 was getting crushed between the loader arms and chassis.
#3 was roll overs, with no seat belt and getting crushed under the machine.

leathelbuzzkill
10-11-2007, 11:54 PM
well i think it would have looked cooler if they would have scaled down the vertical lift design. not to mention more different than every other skid steer manufacturer

tallrick
10-12-2007, 12:09 AM
I guess I am lucky, never had a rear visibility problem. But being 6'7" may have something to do with it. In my own experience I have seen close calls. A small child almost ended up under a Bobcat because the operator was 5'5" and could not see that the kid was trying to pick up a ball that had fallen in the yard with the skid steer. I had to run over there and get his attention, despite not understanding English. It is surprising that no skid steer comes with a back up sensor. The older machines had the best visibility.

LawnNeedz
10-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Did you get that from the John Deere Dealer in Huntsville Alabama. If not that looks exaclty like my dealer.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Did you get that from the John Deere Dealer in Huntsville Alabama. If not that looks exaclty like my dealer.That it is. And that is Don walking up to the loader.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-12-2007, 07:16 AM
well i think it would have looked cooler if they would have scaled down the vertical lift design. not to mention more different than every other skid steer manufacturerNext time I have a BC on the lot I want to put side by side. The twer that supports the boom does look scaled down.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Rear vis is a big deal.
I read a article not long ago that listed the top 3 accidents with skid steers resulting in deaths.
#1 was backing up into or over someone.
#2 was getting crushed between the loader arms and chassis.
#3 was roll overs, with no seat belt and getting crushed under the machine.Notice Deere has best saftey features for all those problems.:clapping: Booms lock up from within the cab. Seat belt has to be used.(yet I notice most people just set on them and unplug and plug back in....duh) and best rear visibility. New Holland is only other one, and visibility sucks on their large frame out the rear.
And no......bars that pull down are not seat belts....Many have busted a rib on them.

Tigerotor77W
10-12-2007, 02:37 PM
New 313 And 315 Both 49 Hp

313 Rated 1300 Lb. With Weight Kit 1400 Lb. Wt Of Unit 5150 Lb

AND YES...315 ...WE GOT ONE IN AT ANOTHER LOCATION TODAY. SHOULD HAVE MORE IN OUR LOCATION IN A FEW DAYS.

315 Rated 1500 Lb. With Weight Kit 1650 Lb Wt Of Unit 5200 Lb

315 Actualy Compairs Close To Early 240 Specs

Got to dig with them and they are strong little boogers.

Hm. I was way off.

Oh well...

deere615
10-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Nice machine.

grossbec28
10-12-2007, 08:11 PM
personally i like takeuchi tracksteers the have a great rear visiblity

dozerman21
10-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Notice Deere has best saftey features for all those problems.:clapping: Booms lock up from within the cab. Seat belt has to be used.(yet I notice most people just set on them and unplug and plug back in....duh) and best rear visibility. New Holland is only other one, and visibility sucks on their large frame out the rear.
And no......bars that pull down are not seat belts....Many have busted a rib on them.

After being used to a bar on other machines, the seat belt on my Deere was a little annoying at first, but now I love it! It doesn't take long at all to get used to, and I feel much safer, and I am much safer. I'm sure most skids have seat belts to go with the bar, but guys generally won't wear them if it's not required to release the hydraulics. It's nice to not have to worry about busting my head on the front door if I hit something and stop quick. A buddy of mine broke a couple of ribs on the seat bar on his S300 when he hit something and rammed his ribs into the bar.

The safety lever that you activate from the inside is a simple, but well thought out idea. That was one of the first things I noticed on the 300 series. The visibility is very good, especially in the rear.

YellowDogSVC
10-12-2007, 10:07 PM
kinda looks like a baby.. :)

cat2
10-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Just wait they will have problems with them, then they will fix them and have another great skid steer

Fieldman12
10-12-2007, 10:51 PM
I just found this on Deere's website.http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/docs1/jdcfc_homepage.html?location=jdhome&tm=corp&link=const_img

cat2
10-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I just found this on Deere's website.http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/docs1/jdcfc_homepage.html?location=jdhome&tm=corp&link=const_img

Thats just what I was going to post. Just got off of it and was going to post it, o well saved me some time:)

Fieldman12
10-12-2007, 11:13 PM
They even have literature you can download. :)

Tigerotor77W
10-13-2007, 04:06 AM
They even have literature you can download. :)

Indeed! Good find.

And I'm a little surprised about the breakout forces... they're almost in-line with every other machine this size, which is odd; Deere usually does better. Hmm.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-13-2007, 06:57 AM
I think that may be because you are limeted to what you can do with that size machine anyway. May not benifit. I did get to run one in the dirt and it had plenty of power for that size machine.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Since Deere has put on web I will post a few more pics.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Here are a few more.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Press a button and it converts to this....New option..

JDSKIDSTEER
10-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Or this.....for going to church in.

Fieldman12
10-13-2007, 11:02 AM
I would say this skid steer will probably not have as many problems as the first 200 series did. A few reasons why I say that is one Deere has been building there own for over seven years now and two I bet allot of parts are from the Vertical lift machines. Only thing I am concerned about but may think differently in person is I dont think it is as over built as the old 200,200II, and 300 series. As another person on here stated he had never saw a boom breakage on a Deere Vertical lift machine in the 200 and up series. As for the Cadillac put some curb finders on it and a set of hydraulics and it's ready do go pick up some babes. :)

Tigerotor77W
10-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I think that may be because you are limeted to what you can do with that size machine anyway. May not benifit. I did get to run one in the dirt and it had plenty of power for that size machine.

It could be.

Thanks for the additional pics, btw. :)

cat2
10-13-2007, 09:54 PM
I still like the feel of the bobcat better

dozerman21
10-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Or this.....for going to church in.

LMAO!:laugh: Only in Alabama...:drinkup:

JDSKIDSTEER
10-13-2007, 10:08 PM
LMAO!:laugh: Only in Alabama...:drinkup:I almost bought the Cady.....$2,000.00. It would have been worth that just for laughs.:laugh:

MOREDIRT
10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
i would love to see the marketing study done by deere on these machines i don't see why they needed to add a radial lift the vertical worked just fine. I think that once you use a vetical lift you won't go back to radial imop. But it being deere they are hungry and i would guess they wanted some CAT food.
:weightlifter: :cool2:

Fieldman12
10-14-2007, 12:28 AM
The vertical lift machines of all brands has increased allot in sales over the past few years. There is still allot of people that will only own a radial lift though.Just like the rotor combines though Deere could not see giving someone else all the rotor business when they could build one also. Seems like anymore though the radials are more common in the smaller machines than the larger ones. The only thing I see though is I think the 313 and 315 may be too close in size as far as specs go. I personally think they needed a smaller radial machine but also at least a 320 (small frame) or 325 (large frame) radial skid steer. I think that may have even things out a bit better.

ksss
10-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Why radial?

Easier to make radial lift in these smaller machines NH does the same thing.

You are not doing much lift and carry with size machine, machines this size are pimarily light excavating. No value to vertical on this size machine, your not loading trucks and a 1300 pound ROC is all you have. Radial lift machines have no problem with kinda weight.

Radial lift machines are cheaper to build

I think vertical lift is one of the most over rated options in the industry. Does it have value yes, increases usable lift capacity on higher ROC machines. The facts are that in the 2000 pound ROC range which is where most of the machines are sold the benefits are really an increased reach for truck loading. Visibility is most often better on radial lift, less linkage to maintain and they still load trucks just fine.

Getting into large frame machines the story is different.

Many guys think they need vertical lift reality is they really don't. CASE, CAT, offer an almost equal amount of radial verse vertical lift machines. Volvo does not even offer a vertical lift and they have addressed that in several trade magazines. Truth is they don't offer one because Skat Trac never had one and Volvo has not bothered to design one.

This view may not be popular, kinda like being the voice of reason on CTL's.

Construct'O
10-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Why radial?

Easier to make radial lift in these smaller machines NH does the same thing.

You are not doing much lift and carry with size machine, machines this size are pimarily light excavating. No value to vertical on this size machine, your not loading trucks and a 1300 pound ROC is all you have. Radial lift machines have no problem with kinda weight.

Radial lift machines are cheaper to build

I think vertical lift is one of the most over rated options in the industry. Does it have value yes, increases usable lift capacity on higher ROC machines. The facts are that in the 2000 pound ROC range which is where most of the machines are sold the benefits are really an increased reach for truck loading. Visibility is most often better on radial lift, less linkage to maintain and they still load trucks just fine.

Getting into large frame machines the story is different.

Many guys think they need vertical lift reality is they really don't. CASE, CAT, offer an almost equal amount of radial verse vertical lift machines. Volvo does not even offer a vertical lift and they have addressed that in several trade magazines. Truth is they don't offer one because Skat Trac never had one and Volvo has not bothered to design one.

This view may not be popular, kinda like being the voice of reason on CTL's.

In reality,after being on here and seeing and hearing more on the skids(CTL's),i personally think the radial machine would have been a little more to my liking for what i do.Dirt pushing,excavating.

I do think the advantage for lifting does go to the vertical lift machines.

I have noticed that the radial lift machines boom cyclinders is located downward to the front of the arms and to me would be to a persons advanage for digging and grading.

Where as on the vertical lift machine the cyclinders are pointed to the rear or up at the rear of the lift arm,in which would help for the more lifing power.Just my 2cents.

I also think on the radial the cyclinders connecting to the front, the respnse time for the hydraulics to lift and lower would be quickier because of the closness to the front of machine and ,the arms and bucket.

That is how i see it ,but i haven't run one ,but the guys on here that has the radial machine ,post postive things about there digging and grading abilitys.:usflag:

Fieldman12
10-14-2007, 05:42 PM
I have kicked around myself before about switching to a radial lift. I notice the boom construction on most does not look as heavy built as a vertical lift machine of most brands. I still think the radial is te machine to have for fine grading and digging.

ksss
10-14-2007, 08:47 PM
The reason the arms on vertical machines look larger on some machines is due to design. The further the hydraulic cylinders are from the front of the machine the heavier the arms have to be. Radial machines have a typical pyramid type design (top of the pyramid being the bucket linkage). With this design the hyd. cylinders carry the weight so the arms don't have to. The CASE vertical lift machines have a general pyramid design but most lift the arms closer to the back of the machine requiring heavily built loader arms. Function dicatates design.

Fieldman12
10-15-2007, 08:38 PM
I knew the design from Vertical to radial was the main reason but it just amazes me how much different everything is in size including the cylinders. Radial is the over all cheaper machine to own and operate in the long run as far as pin and bushing goes on the machine. Im happy so far with a vertical machine.

merrimacmill
05-19-2008, 03:35 AM
I know its an old thread, but has anyone gotten one of these machines? How are they working out so far?

And the question asked earlier in this thread, what is the price range for these machines?

JDSKIDSTEER
05-20-2008, 07:28 AM
We have sold a couple of 315's. They have had no problems to date. As far as price you would have to heck with your local dealer.

merrimacmill
05-20-2008, 08:58 AM
We have sold a couple of 315's. They have had no problems to date. As far as price you would have to heck with your local dealer.

Ya, which is the problem. They're pretty much the reason I won't own another Deere. I love my Deere, but the dealer around here is just horrendous. After a few bad experiences with those people, I swore that I would never give them another cent of my money. They just plain don't care that your a customer, they treat me like I shouldn't even be in there (right after I bought a 17K tractor), they're service is awful.

I once split a hydro line in my machine, brought it to them to get repaired since I could hardly see it, let alone replace it. So they put it off for 5 WEEKS, and its not because of parts availability, they had the parts right there, they told me. Anyways, after all of this, its finally "done". So I pick it up put it on the trailer, pay them like $600 or whatever the outragous bill was, and I drove home. Then I go back to unload it, and theres hydro fluid ALL OVER the place. They didn't even bother to connect the new line. I called them immediately, they didn't really seem to care at all about it and told me that they could get to it in another 3 and a half weeks..... At this point I wished I could have jumped through the phone at these people. I ended up just doing it right myself. It seems if someone doesn't buy a new fleet of machines every two years, they treat you like dirt over there. And its really a shame, I would love to go with another deere when its time for another machine in the next year. But I just can't, and I herd something about how you have to buy the machine from your "local" dealer, and I can't go up to maine and get one or something.

I reported these people to Deere, they never got back to me. But instead had the dealer call me and ask me what my problem with them was. I told them all about the different things, and they said, well I know we have had some serious management issues in the past, but we have now restructured in order to resolve these issues. HA, that must be why I STILL talk to guys who have problems with these looney toons. I thought it was only me who has the problems, but anytime I talk to someone about them I get the same story. I'm not bashing Deere, but the dealer I have to deal with to get one is just... well pretty bad from my experiences.

Since your a dealer, and know the rules, is there anything I can do? Or do I just need to go with a different brand? Maybe I should just wait till Kubota comes out with a skid steer :)

BIGBEN2004
05-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Ya, which is the problem. They're pretty much the reason I won't own another Deere. I love my Deere, but the dealer around here is just horrendous. After a few bad experiences with those people, I swore that I would never give them another cent of my money. They just plain don't care that your a customer, they treat me like I shouldn't even be in there (right after I bought a 17K tractor), they're service is awful.

I once split a hydro line in my machine, brought it to them to get repaired since I could hardly see it, let alone replace it. So they put it off for 5 WEEKS, and its not because of parts availability, they had the parts right there, they told me. Anyways, after all of this, its finally "done". So I pick it up put it on the trailer, pay them like $600 or whatever the outragous bill was, and I drove home. Then I go back to unload it, and theres hydro fluid ALL OVER the place. They didn't even bother to connect the new line. I called them immediately, they didn't really seem to care at all about it and told me that they could get to it in another 3 and a half weeks..... At this point I wished I could have jumped through the phone at these people. I ended up just doing it right myself. It seems if someone doesn't buy a new fleet of machines every two years, they treat you like dirt over there. And its really a shame, I would love to go with another deere when its time for another machine in the next year. But I just can't, and I herd something about how you have to buy the machine from your "local" dealer, and I can't go up to maine and get one or something.

I reported these people to Deere, they never got back to me. But instead had the dealer call me and ask me what my problem with them was. I told them all about the different things, and they said, well I know we have had some serious management issues in the past, but we have now restructured in order to resolve these issues. HA, that must be why I STILL talk to guys who have problems with these looney toons. I thought it was only me who has the problems, but anytime I talk to someone about them I get the same story. I'm not bashing Deere, but the dealer I have to deal with to get one is just... well pretty bad from my experiences.

Since your a dealer, and know the rules, is there anything I can do? Or do I just need to go with a different brand? Maybe I should just wait till Kubota comes out with a skid steer :)

That was just plain wrong of Deere to tell the dealer about your complaints. That will ensure you of not buying their again since now they will have a attitude problem with you since you basically got them in trouble. That is a shame you have poor dealer support in your area since in my area the Deere dealership is top notch second to none. I don't own any Deere stuff but my family has had a long history of owning Deere tractors on the farms and in my opinion I am bias toward John Deere as being the best ag tractors on the market. Hopefully your local dealer will get better. Good luck.

merrimacmill
05-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Ya, it really is a shame. I am also partial to deere products, but I just can't deal with that. The same guys own all 3 local dealers. The closest other dealer is hours away from me. But what can I do. Oh and the definitally do have an attitude towards me now lol.. I don't feel like I did the wrong thing by calling deere headquarters about it though. I mean what the dealer does, directly relects John Deere as a company.

Dunlaps LawnCare
06-17-2008, 06:41 PM
verry nice