PDA

View Full Version : How To: Multiple Quotes

Chris J
10-11-2007, 09:25 PM
How do you guys create a message while showing that you are responding to multiple quotes? I've seen some of you post messages that have several past messages at the top of your post. How are you doing that?

CTJ
10-11-2007, 09:50 PM
How do you guys create a message while showing that you are responding to multiple quotes? I've seen some of you post messages that have several past messages at the top of your post. How are you doing that?

Do you use the "multi-quote" button?

CTJ
10-11-2007, 09:55 PM

Is this going to work?

Chris J
10-11-2007, 10:00 PM
I know how to use the quote feature like you just did, but I'm talking about multiple quotes at the same time in the same post.
Where is this multi-quote button you are talking about?

CTJ
10-11-2007, 10:03 PM

Is this going to work?

I know how to use the quote feature like you just did, but I'm talking about multiple quotes at the same time in the same post.
Where is this multi-quote button you are talking about?

if you want to "multi-quote", click the multi-quote button for the post you want to quote, and then hit the quote button on the other post you want to quote and both quotes will show up in your post

CTJ
10-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Click once on the multi-quote button which is to the right of the quote button. The button will turn orange. Do this for each message you want quoted in your message.
Then click on the quote button and type your message.

Chris J
10-11-2007, 10:14 PM
OK, For a minuite there, I thought I was being jiped of services (I want my money back!)
Now I see the freaking button. Next question: If I'm reading this post, and want to quote you, but I also want to reference something that someone said in another thread, can this be done?

Thanks for your help by the way.

CTJ
10-11-2007, 10:28 PM
if you want to "multi-quote", click the multi-quote button for the post you want to quote, and then hit the quote button on the other post you want to quote and both quotes will show up in your post

Click once on the multi-quote button which is to the right of the quote button. The button will turn orange. Do this for each message you want quoted in your message.
Then click on the quote button and type your message.

OK, For a minuite there, I thought I was being jiped of services (I want my money back!)
Now I see the freaking button. Next question: If I'm reading this post, and want to quote you, but I also want to reference something that someone said in another thread, can this be done?

Thanks for your help by the way.

Testing to see if you can cut n paste and/or type between quote tags

this is just a test. You can type the quote tags yourself and then cut n paste the text from the other thread.

Chris J
10-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Why O Why do I have to be so Old! This computer generation is passing me by! I know this seems like simple stuff once it's explained, but I'm sitting here feeling like a real putz because I didn't know it in the first place!
CTJ, You have been a real help and I thank you very much. I was reluctant to post the question, but I was reminded of an old saying: "the only stupid question is the one that is not asked." Thank you again my friend!

CTJ
10-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Why O Why do I have to be so Old! This computer generation is passing me by! I know this seems like simple stuff once it's explained, but I'm sitting here feeling like a real putz because I didn't know it in the first place!
CTJ, You have been a real help and I thank you very much. I was reluctant to post the question, but I was reminded of an old saying: "the only stupid question is the one that is not asked." Thank you again my friend!

I just did a search on multi-quote, and found an old thread about it.

Pro-Scapes
10-12-2007, 12:57 AM
the way i do it if its from a diff thread or if say i wanted to quote 2 people in the same thread even on diff pages is...

Find the first person I want to quote and hit quote...copy the text in the reply window... back button on my browser and then quote the other person..... reply to the first quote... past the text including the tags to the 2nd quote then reply to that... i never noticed the multi quote