PDA

View Full Version : Keys and codes

greenmonster304
10-11-2007, 11:01 PM
just wondering to many of you guys get keys and or alarm codes from customers that are not around often or can't meet you for a service call?

gusbuster
10-12-2007, 12:06 AM
On some of my residential, the only access to the backyard is through a garage. On some my commercial, the clocks are stored in a maintenance shack.

In either case, for security reason, never list the key and where it belongs to.

Both my workers and myself know which key by the position in the key ring and type of key. These key rings are kept separate from truck keys.

My reason for not numbering or marking key, this way if the keys are stolen or misplaced, nobody is going to know where those key belong. The only keys that are marked are the generic master keys for timer cabinets that you can buy at any irrigation house.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-12-2007, 12:10 AM
just wondering to many of you guys get keys and or alarm codes from customers that are not around often or can't meet you for a service call?

They try to and I avoid. I hate dealing with security alarms. I try to get them to leave the garage opener under the grill lid. Went into a garage the other day in which thet said the'd leave the side door open. Damn security alarm goes off. So I go out front and wait for the cops to arrive.

carcrz
10-12-2007, 12:19 AM
I have a few customers w/ coded entry gates. Mainly large properties or commercial storage facilities. I had all of them set my personal code into their system so I only have to remember one number for all of them. I no longer have any properties w/ padlocks, but if they did, they need a way to hook my padlock on theirs so that I can use my own key.

lehrjetmx
10-12-2007, 08:56 AM
I had all of them set my personal code into their system so I only have to remember one number for all of them.

We do the same thing we request them to set the alarm and garage door's to our pin number and let ourselves in and out with no problems. Usually only works with customers that have been with us for a few years.

Mike Leary
10-12-2007, 01:12 PM
One is not a sprinkler pro until he's had the police arrive, we had one where
they arrived with guns drawn!:o