PDA

View Full Version : What are the mechanical differences on a S185 and S185 Hi-Flow?

TXTom
10-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Just curious how different these two machines are. I know that considering a conversion to high-flow from standard flow is cost prohibitive. I am just curious about what parts differ between the two machines.

Thanks,

YellowDogSVC
10-12-2007, 09:06 PM
I would call and ask Wayne at Quality on Monday. He'll know better than anyone up there.
I imagine other than hose routing, they are identical. I had a low flow 863 and a high flow and they were virtually the same except for pump and few hose lines and an extra auxillary circuit. It's only about 1750 upgrade dollars on a new machine

TXTom
10-13-2007, 01:51 PM
I will give Quality a call. Do you think it would be possible to upgrade my machine to hi-flow? I am sure the labor would be high, but I could probably do it myself. I just need to find a dead hi-flow machine to pull the parts from.

Thanks,

YellowDogSVC
10-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Tom,
Not sure. They told me before it was easier to just get a new machine or buy one with highflow in it already. Hose routing can be time consuming since the hardlines are put in at the factor and the body lowered over them. Quality will give you an honest answer. If you talk to wayne, tell him Yellow Dog said hello. He should remember me.

Good luck. BTW, I'm selling an s300k highflow with only 800 hours and full warranty for another 15 mo. :)

Scag48
10-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Trying to upfit a standard flow machine to high-flow is an uphill battle. I'm sure you need a different pump, or maybe an additional pump. I'm not the best person to ask as to how they create the higher pressure, whether it be through an entirely different pump assembly or an additional pump to boost the high flow lines. Either way, other than the hoses and the pressure situation, standard flow and high flow machines should technically be the same on paper. shouldn't be too much different.

YellowDogSVC
10-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Trying to upfit a standard flow machine to high-flow is an uphill battle. I'm sure you need a different pump, or maybe an additional pump. I'm not the best person to ask as to how they create the higher pressure, whether it be through an entirely different pump assembly or an additional pump to boost the high flow lines. Either way, other than the hoses and the pressure situation, standard flow and high flow machines should technically be the same on paper. shouldn't be too much different.

On a bobcat, the pressure is the same at 3300 psi. The gpm would jump from about 17 to 26 on an s185. Same auxilliary coupler lines but a new block and case drain line would be needed for sure.

Tigerotor77W
10-13-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm selling an s300k highflow with only 800 hours and full warranty for another 15 mo. :)

Oh dear... why is this?

YellowDogSVC
10-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh dear... why is this?

I have two s300k series machines. One with only 200 hours and I picked up a toolcat. As a small operation, I can't use all the machines at the same time. I have run 2 identical machines for years in an effort to keep breakdowns to a minimum but as chipping and other services have grown with me, I do less and less straight Bobcat work and split my time now in the toolcat and chipper more.

Scag48
10-14-2007, 03:53 AM
There I go confusing high FLOW with pressure. I feel stupid now. Boost the rate of flow, not the pressure inside the lines.