PDA

View Full Version : NaturaLawn of America (there price for aeration/overseed)

smcunningham
10-13-2007, 12:27 AM
I ran into a old high school buddy of mine @ a gas station and we were talking and I noticed he had a NaturaLawn of America shirt on. So I asked him about it and he was telling me how he's worked for them for 9 years.
Furthermore we carry our conversation out the door and i noticed he had a trailer on the back of his company truck which had an aerator on it...Needless to say i asked him what they charged...
63.22$ for non existing customers and 53.22$ for existing customer per 1000sq of turf...This price was for aerating and overseeding...using 3# of seed per 1000sq..... So I called like four or five bigger companys in my area and found that the average price of aeration and overseeding in my area is around 47$ to 52$ per 1000 sq.......

I feel like a lowballer charging what i charge...:cry: anyway my price just went uppayup

Envy Lawn Service
10-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Hence the term.... "It pays to network."

yardmanlee
10-13-2007, 07:16 AM
so for a 10,000 sq ft property they are getting $640.00 ?
I feel like one of those low ballers too !!!!

Mr.Mow-It-All
10-13-2007, 08:28 AM
We just did a 28,000 sq ft prop for $1850.

KS_Grasscutter
10-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Wow, around here its about $75-$100 for 10k. Wish I could get that much for aeration...

mkroher
10-13-2007, 08:58 AM
We just did a 28,000 sq ft prop for $1850.

That's just robbery. What are you using? Spike shoes and spend all day there?
Prices like that scare people away from beneficial aeration.

I charge $20/K. Tow behind aerater and smaller one for corners and edges.

I can double core aerate a 15K lawn in under an hour.

Seed is extra, of course. If it's a lawn that's already thick, I don't recommend overseeding because MOST of it won't germinate. Waste of money. The lawn will thicken by itself the following year just from the aeration.

However, if the average lot is 5K or smaller, i can see how $50/sqft is fair.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
10-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Hey,

I sub-contract Naturalawn for all my fertilizing. They have great service! Furthermore, the price they charge, you get great service. I was told they drop 8 pounds per 1000. Also, there is a cheaper rate for just aerating where they do one pass. The 62 was for double passing and then overseeding. Using what they call the best seed out there. I say that because i never looked into their seed. Apparently, they get alot of work at that price so, it seems to be working.

adam

topsites
10-13-2007, 09:10 AM
LOL I use a walk-behind aerator and start with 1/4 acres at $40, double aerate my butt, I have twice the tines the tow behind does.
But you don't do just that, once again we are failing to educate properly, then off you guys go complaining about how fouled up it is. What can we expect, when we fail to educate the new guy AND the customer?

A walk-behind aerator propels the axle itself, it is heavier, and it pulls better plugs, at least 10 but really ~20% deeper.

Otherwise why bother, when your truck needs an oil change do you not change the filter?
And do you not do it right after the engine has been RUN so it is hot?
Then why not do lawn care properly?

My charge for properly re-doing a 1/4 acre is around $270, that's 14,000 sq. feet.
I'd have to guess that's $19.28 a k.
And that includes way more than just aerating and seed, way more.
Now if you want to take care of the rest yourself fine, I can do just aeration, either way but don't expect miracles, right on.

green_mark
10-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Our price for a 10,000 sq ft lawn for the renovation is 670.00.
2 pass core aeration
250 lbs of lime
30 - 50 lbs of seed
50 lbs of CGM

and then of course we clean the sidewalks, driveway, etc.

Customers are very pleased with the cost and results.

mkroher
10-13-2007, 12:04 PM
LOL I use a walk-behind aerator and start with 1/4 acres at $40, double aerate my butt, I have twice the tines the tow behind does.
But you don't do just that, once again we are failing to educate properly, then off you guys go complaining about how fouled up it is. What can we expect, when we fail to educate the new guy AND the customer?

A walk-behind aerator propels the axle itself, it is heavier, and it pulls better plugs, at least 10 but really ~20% deeper.

Otherwise why bother, when your truck needs an oil change do you not change the filter?
And do you not do it right after the engine has been RUN so it is hot?
Then why not do lawn care properly?

My charge for properly re-doing a 1/4 acre is around $270, that's 14,000 sq. feet.
I'd have to guess that's $19.28 a k.
And that includes way more than just aerating and seed, way more.
Now if you want to take care of the rest yourself fine, I can do just aeration, either way but don't expect miracles, right on.

So you're saying a tow-behind is the improper way to aerate a lawn? Go tell a super at a golf course that they should only use walkbehinds.

LawnBoy89
10-13-2007, 04:56 PM
So you're saying a tow-behind is the improper way to aerate a lawn? Go tell a super at a golf course that they should only use walkbehinds.

All hes saying is the w/b's are better, obviously when you are doing an area the size of a golf course you aren't going to use a w/b...just like you won't mow a golf course with a w/b but yet most of the time they are better.

DuallyVette
10-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Our price for a 10,000 sq ft lawn for the renovation is 670.00.
2 pass core aeration
250 lbs of lime
30 - 50 lbs of seed
50 lbs of CGM

and then of course we clean the sidewalks, driveway, etc.

Customers are very pleased with the cost and results.

What is CGM ?

Mr.Mow-It-All
10-14-2007, 09:31 AM
That's just robbery. What are you using? Spike shoes and spend all day there?
Prices like that scare people away from beneficial aeration.

I charge $20/K. Tow behind aerater and smaller one for corners and edges.

I can double core aerate a 15K lawn in under an hour.

Seed is extra, of course. If it's a lawn that's already thick, I don't recommend overseeding because MOST of it won't germinate. Waste of money. The lawn will thicken by itself the following year just from the aeration.

However, if the average lot is 5K or smaller, i can see how $50/sqft is fair.

Well I should have clarified, its not aerating, its overseeding with a slit seeder, 175lbs fescue seed, starter fertilzer, scalping the turf first, 2 guys about 4 hours. It is pretty tough work. No towing an aerater here, (we wish) Using a 20" slit seeder, doing the entire lawn 2 times(criss cross) 1 guy pushing, one guy pulling.

DuallyVette
10-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Well I should have clarified, its not aerating, its overseeding with a slit seeder, 175lbs fescue seed, starter fertilzer, scalping the turf first, 2 guys about 4 hours. It is pretty tough work. No towing an aerater here, (we wish) Using a 20" slit seeder, doing the entire lawn 2 times(criss cross) 1 guy pushing, one guy pulling.

What brand of slit seeder are you using? I'd like to see a picture of one guy pushing and one guy pulling. ( if a photo isn't available, a verbal detailed discription may do)
Thanks !!!

Mr.Mow-It-All
10-14-2007, 11:10 PM
What brand of slit seeder are you using? I'd like to see a picture of one guy pushing and one guy pulling. ( if a photo isn't available, a verbal detailed discription may do)
Thanks !!!

Well you don't have to use 2 guys, on a large prop like that it is just easier. It is a regualr walkbehind. This prop was large and hilly, so one guy would operate it and the other would walk in front of it with pulling a rope to help out the operator. They would switch back and forth. Yeh, sounds kind of weird, but really worked good on this property with a lot of hills and trees.

DuallyVette
10-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Well you don't have to use 2 guys, on a large prop like that it is just easier. It is a regualr walkbehind. This prop was large and hilly, so one guy would operate it and the other would walk in front of it with pulling a rope to help out the operator. They would switch back and forth. Yeh, sounds kind of weird, but really worked good on this property with a lot of hills and trees.

Thats how I pictured it.(One guy pulling with a rope)

avnorm
10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Cgm??????????

smcunningham
10-18-2007, 02:50 AM
Anyway what is Cgm?????

green_mark
10-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Anyway what is Cgm?????

Corn Gluten Meal

DuallyVette
10-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Corn Gluten Meal

What does "Corn Gluten Meal" do ?

green_mark
10-19-2007, 12:03 PM
At 5lbs/1,000 it simply provides a nice boost to color and adds organic matter.

At 20lbs/1,000 it has "some" pre emergent weed control effects.
To get a better understanding of what it takes for actual weed control
you need to thinks 90 days in advance.

If you apply in early spring the micro organisms need to break down the material into proteins that the seed would adsorb and then some seeds will die.

In the spring the soil is commonly too cold for adequate breakdown to occur so you need to apply in the fall for spring results.

We still apply in the spring at 5lbs for the nice greening effect but do not look at this for weed control as it is too slow and expensive.

Our 15-0-9 is what we use to start the season off for weed control and fertilization.

razor1
10-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Green Mark, do you need a license to apply your product?

green_mark
10-20-2007, 01:26 PM
In most states licenses are required if you claim to control something. As far as just applying fertilizer that again would be something to call your Dept of Ag about.