PDA

View Full Version : My stupid Pic of the day

South Florida Lawns
10-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Ok I did it this time. Trying to save time and work for my trim guy. I got too close and started to sink, I backed up and thats when I got stuck.

South Florida Lawns
10-13-2007, 01:35 AM
I had pedro push and I put all my weight on the good tire but no luck, bottomed out on the deck.

South Florida Lawns
10-13-2007, 01:39 AM
So I un-hooked the trailer got ma snatch strap and pulled it out no problem. And yes those 20's and no I didn't scratch em cuz I got 33" tires.

South Florida Lawns
10-13-2007, 01:43 AM
Thats the mess I made, but I got it looking pretty good with a straight rake in no time.

ExclusiveLawnCare
10-13-2007, 02:31 AM
WOW, not good, but hey you got it outta there. And hopefully that grass grows in good.

LindblomRJ
10-13-2007, 03:10 AM
Dang. That will leave a mark.

Hahaha you said snatch.

RLW
10-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Nice mud bogg SFL. bet you don't get that close next time.
Good save though.

corey4671
10-13-2007, 11:19 AM
wish we'd had enough rain around here to have that problem

LawnBoy89
10-13-2007, 06:03 PM
lmao thats great happened to me once some areas stay mushy all year long on some of my properties rain or not...i tried everything to get out puttin rocks under the tire and what not but i couldnt do it i had to pull myself out luckily i was about 10ft off the road so i didnt even have to drive on the grass

Leaf Jockey
10-13-2007, 06:34 PM
We put an ATV winch on the front of one of the zero turns. I feel better about recovering a mower with another mower rather than driving out on someones yard with a pickup truck. The winch has also proven handy pulling the turf sweeper up steep hills and for lifting attachments on the front of the ztr.

Scott

DBL
10-13-2007, 06:43 PM
yeah dont feel bad the lawn crew has come back at the end of the day more than once with a really muddy ztr and a story

Uranus
10-13-2007, 07:20 PM
That sucks. I've been there more than once. And believe me it was much MUCH worse.

Matts lawn care
10-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Wow, The only thing im worried about is getting lost in a dust cloud. No rain here.

lawncuttinfoo
10-14-2007, 01:48 AM
I just purchased a rope along with 150' of rope last week, guess what this week I get the mower stuck in a pond, great timing, tie it to a tree and im out in 5 min.

Leaf Jockey
10-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Heres a pic of a property we cut. We just try to keep it knocked down but its so wet that we are always getting stuck. The ruts will disappear on their own in a week and we'll probably make a new set next time we are there. The winch on a mower works nice because taking a heavy pickup truck out there would be a big mistake.

Scott

deere615
10-14-2007, 11:26 AM
That was in there pretty good South Florida at least you got it out. A winch isn't a bad idea.

deere615
10-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Heres a pic of a property we cut. We just try to keep it knocked down but its so wet that we are always getting stuck. The ruts will disappear on their own in a week and we'll probably make a new set next time we are there. The winch on a mower works nice because taking a heavy pickup truck out there would be a big mistake.

Scott

Those are some nasty ruts for a ztr!

S3Scooter
10-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Wow, The only thing im worried about is getting lost in a dust cloud. No rain here.

Hey...... Wow!!!! Is that water in that ditch?????

S3

Matts lawn care
10-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey...... Wow!!!! Is that water in that ditch?????

S3

Nope just an allusion.

South Florida Lawns
10-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Yes there is water in that creek its just low this time of year and the grass is a little tall so it hides the water. Look at post #4 and you can see the water puddle in my tracks.

RedMax Man
10-16-2007, 08:02 PM
I got my truck stuck this evening when i was dumping my grass and leaves. Thankfully if got the 4x4 so i drove it out. Havent had to pull the mower out with a winch or truck yet but i've gotten both of them stuck a few times in mud.

THEGOLDPRO
10-19-2007, 08:18 PM
been there, i had the ground collapse underneath me at this one house, im suspecting bad fill, prolly stumps or something that over time just broke down, and the weight of the machine made the ground collapse.
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/scaghole3.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/scaghole2.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/scaghole4.jpg

cpel2004
10-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Last year I dropped my Z in a lake. I had a buddy tell me if your in this business long enough you will lose a couple of Z's. Your lucky you your engine didnt get submerged under water. Its good that you kept your sense of humor

ccondie
10-19-2007, 09:33 PM
funny thing is i did the same thing the other day.

grassmanak
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
watch out, you could blow the trans in the dodge towing something that big

only kidding

lawnkid
10-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Buried my Walker a several times over the years. Once in back in a yard due to a hole in a sprinkler line that I obviously located. What's more embarrassing is this was far from a paved surface on a decline and I couldn't get my truck onto the lawn, and I didn't have another mower. So about 15 minutes later I lucked out cuz the lawn service company that cuts next door showed up and was able to pull me out with their Z. Felt like an idiot.

The other time was one afternoon in the spring on a Sunday I was by myself cutting a a few commercial places on an industrial parkway and I buried the Walker dumping some clippings in the woods. The more I tried the deeper it got stuck So I drove around the corner to a competitors shop and luckily the owner's nephew who I actually went to high school with and hadn't seen in a while works there was there playing cornhole with some kids so he brought their tracked skid over about a half mile away and he pulled me out. Hey I haven't seen ya in a couple years but you think you could pull me out. Here I was begging for help in front of a couple good looking chicks and my buddy covered in mud from head to toe from trying to pull this thing out. I was such a rookie. I have to admit, from being stuck so many times, if someone approached me asking fro help getting their mower out, I'd have to help. been there done that. God knows how many people's cars I've unburied after driving off the side of the road in a snowstorm.

THEGOLDPRO
10-20-2007, 02:07 PM
watch out, you could blow the trans in the dodge towing something that big

only kiddinghaha oh i know this truck is a 5-speed, no more blown trannys for me, my last dodge was an automatic, and i went through a tranny or two with it, i will always but 5-speeds if i can for this reason.

Southern Signature
10-22-2007, 11:49 AM
unbelievable!

jimmyburg
10-22-2007, 04:52 PM
could you not see the wet spot?

fedup
10-22-2007, 10:54 PM
could you see the great wall of china in that hole. haha

TomberLawn
12-31-2007, 09:54 PM
I wish I had a pic of mine, but I got stuck a couple months ago on this one property that is always so dry, I almost need a dust mask to breathe. I noticed the grass was kind of tall in one area of the yard where there usually is no grass. I eased into it, made a pass all the way through, turned around and came back for the next swipe and sank. This was in the middle of the drought this year. I have a big ratchet strap in my truck for securing my tractor when I haul it, so I got it and tried to winch the mower out, pulling against a tree. That didn't work, so I ended up having to drive my truck out there, and being 2wd, it almost got stuck just getting close enough for the strap to reach. I called the daughter of the elderly lady since no one was home and she said her mom's water bill had been really high, so it was probably a water leak. I've come close a couple more times to getting stuck in mud and have actually had to pull the mower out of ditches when the engine got hung on the bank and the drive tires were off the ground. These kinds of things are very embarrassing.

lifetree
12-31-2007, 11:55 PM
wish we'd had enough rain around here to have that problem

Yeah, rain would have been nice this year !!