PDA

View Full Version : Stone pillar lamps

ZX12R
10-13-2007, 09:34 PM
I have a clien that is having a raised patio built and I am doing the lighting. He has agreed to the installation of lights on the wall and on a couple of pillars. There are 2 pillars at the steps and for these,he wants the kind of lights that you normally see attached on a 3" post. I have seen plenty of pillars built,but,they have all been 120 volt fixtures.I have looked in hadco and in kichler books and have not seen anything.Does anyone know if you can even get them in 12 volts?

pete scalia
10-14-2007, 01:05 AM
I have a clien that is having a raised patio built and I am doing the lighting. He has agreed to the installation of lights on the wall and on a couple of pillars. There are 2 pillars at the steps and for these,he wants the kind of lights that you normally see attached on a 3" post. I have seen plenty of pillars built,but,they have all been 120 volt fixtures.I have looked in hadco and in kichler books and have not seen anything.Does anyone know if you can even get them in 12 volts?

If it's post mount lanterns you mean than follow these instructions.

Find a 120 v pillar fixture with a candelabra or medium base socket that your customer likes. Cut off the ground wire, attach the white and black wires to low voltage cable and to a transformer. Install 12 volt lamps, power up and you now have what you want a 12 volt "pillar" mount light.

NightScenes
10-14-2007, 08:40 AM
I love 12V light bulbs (lamps). I change these fixtures all the time and put them on the lighting system.

ZX12R
10-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks Paul and Pete,I will look into them.:)

pete scalia
10-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks Paul and Pete,I will look into them.:)

No problemo mi amigo