PDA

View Full Version : CAL and LSU go down Is BCU the second best team in the country?!?

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Topsy turvy college year. For that matter does S. Fl move up to number 3? We may have a two loss NCAA champ. The noose is tightening on Coach Fran. I can sense it. It's one thing to lose to Tech at home but it's another thing to not even be competitive. That offense stunk.

BrandonV
10-14-2007, 10:39 AM
NC State is just lurking right now... we have a plan for domination

londonrain
10-14-2007, 11:02 AM
USC should move into the top 5...and that is the University of South Carolina...

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-14-2007, 11:08 AM
USC should move into the top 5...and that is the University of South Carolina...

I saw that. Geez I wish the Aggies could steal The ol' ball coach.

londonrain
10-14-2007, 11:22 AM
I saw that. Geez I wish the Aggies could steal The ol' ball coach.USC is stacked with talented Freshman so I don't see it happening any time soon...

cpel2004
10-14-2007, 11:34 AM
One question who has Ohio State and Boston College played. South Florida is the CLEAR #1. Based upon strength of schedule and nothing more. Last year we were all fooled by Ohio State. Now this year Ohio State and BC are the PAPER TIGERS they haven't played anyone. The ACC, Big Ten, and Pac 10 none of which have the talent of the SEC from top to bottom and they dont have conference championship.

Critical Care
10-14-2007, 12:33 PM
I didn't hear why LSU went down, but Cal went down because of what looked like a very big and bad gamble upon the part of their quaterback. Down three points with 12 yards to the goal and 14 seconds left in the game the quarterback didn't pass the ball and tried running it in for a victory. That was too much of a gamble since Oregon State stopped them earlier from scoring a few times from just feet from the goal.

This is sort of bittersweet for me since I'm in Oregon but now hate to see Cal miss out on it's #1 ranking.

jerryrwm
10-14-2007, 01:35 PM
I saw that. Geez I wish the Aggies could steal The ol' ball coach.
Wonder where RC Slocum, Jackie Sherrill and Emory Bellard are when we need 'em. At least Jackie paid the players with the slush money his program raised. And RC seemed to have a good defence.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Wonder where RC Slocum, Jackie Sherrill and Emory Bellard are when we need 'em. At least Jackie paid the players with the slush money his program raised. And RC seemed to have a good defence.

I don't know how much you've been able to follow Jerry but Stephen McGee has been an overzealous Fran defender. I consider QB to be a problem area. One thing to talk leadership another to perform it on the field. I wonder if Fran will replace him considering how much he has defended him. I sense problems are brewing behind the scenes in Aggieland. My dream coach would be Gary Kubiak but I don't see him leaving the Texans.

cpel2004
10-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Can you tell me where Coach Fran has ever won at. This guys is so overated, with his ancient offense. That what kills me about these major college teams they will hire a "NAME" instead of giving a young guy or minority a chance. Oh by the way A&M last coach was a tired retread also but i cant remember his name.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-14-2007, 03:28 PM
He won at TCU. Before that started a turn around at N. Mex. Got off to a good start at Bama but the redflags should have been seen in the way he was hired and the feelings Bama had when he left. R. C. Slocum was the guy before him and that was his first and only I suspect major coaching experience. You are right his offense is pathetic. So predictable. The recievers are slow because skill players aren't going to waste their talent in that boring predictable offense. The Aggies will blow a ton of money to hire a coach. They have outstanding facilities. I have another theory on Aggie shortcomings on recruiting. They are considered the most conservative university in the country. My understanding is that is where the republicans are trying to get the new CIA recruits. Get them away from Yale. A mirror opposite of Texas. If you are a hip, rapping, talented, african american that is not a comfortable campus to be on compared to Texas or some of the others. I could be wrong since I graduated in 79. Maybe others will enlighten me.

Mike Leary
10-14-2007, 06:19 PM
E mail to Dennis Erickson..turn coat turn around king.

cpel2004
10-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Mike Leary you must be an Idaho fan, lol

Mike Leary
10-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Mike Leary you must be an Idaho fan, lol

That guy wins games, but jeez, leaves chaos in his wake.