PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Box and blower

Dstosh
10-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Well here is the latest weekend project. The sides are 3/4" plywood with 2 by 4. I have a mesh tarp that will go over the top and back. The blower wont work on the way it is set up now, its no heavy and puts too much stress on the tailgate when its open. So we are going to fab up some sort of swing away mount. And most important it still has to be painted black.

Leaf Jockey
10-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Looking good. Have you considered mounting the blower on the front? You could turn the discharge ninety degrees so it blows into the box and the intake hose faces the curb.

Scott

lawncare18
10-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Very nice.. you bag and then gona suck them up with that or just blow them before you mow over to it and suck>?? very nice set up... hope ya got a big field to dump them in..

newtostone
10-14-2007, 07:48 PM
I am just about to start building my leaf box as well for my 6x10 dump trailer just wondering how tall your walls are total, as well as the ply wood sections. THANKS

deere615
10-14-2007, 08:02 PM
looks really nice.

G.M.Landscaping
10-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Looking good. Have you considered mounting the blower on the front? You could turn the discharge ninety degrees so it blows into the box and the intake hose faces the curb.

Scott

That's what I'm thinking. It's going to be a decated box only from the pics, so mount that up front on the frame, not the dump box.
Edit: Is that even a dump trailer? Second look, it doesn't appear to be.

LawnScapers of Dayton
10-15-2007, 06:37 AM
3/4 plywood is really heavy, I used 1/4 with 1x4 and 2x4 bracing, and it is plenty strong..... Nice job by the way......

nobagger
10-15-2007, 07:13 AM
3/4 plywood is really heavy, I used 1/4 with 1x4 and 2x4 bracing, and it is plenty strong..... Nice job by the way......

Thats what I was thinking. Our is only going to be made of 1/4 or 3/8 thick. But nice job any ways, should last you a while.

Dstosh
10-15-2007, 01:15 PM

Scott

That is the back up plan if the swing away gets to fancy.

Very nice.. you bag and then gona suck them up with that or just blow them before you mow over to it and suck>?? very nice set up... hope ya got a big field to dump them in..

The plan is to bag the remote parts of the lawn with the z. Then dump that in pile near the trailer. The rest will get blown into piles and then moved to the trailer. This is the plan but i'm not going to be surprised when it gets changed.

I am just about to start building my leaf box as well for my 6x10 dump trailer just wondering how tall your walls are total, as well as the ply wood sections. THANKS

The total height inside is right around 6 feet. The ply wood is 4 foot tall and the trailer sides add the other 2 feet.

That's what I'm thinking. It's going to be a decated box only from the pics, so mount that up front on the frame, not the dump box.
Edit: Is that even a dump trailer? Second look, it doesn't appear to be.

Yea its a dump trailer

Thats what I was thinking. Our is only going to be made of 1/4 or 3/8 thick. But nice job any ways, should last you a while.

Yea we could have gotten by with some slimmer stuff but, there are only 3 stake pockets on each side and 2 in front, so we figured we would need all the support we can get.

Guzman Properties
10-15-2007, 02:08 PM
If you do the swing away, won't it get in the way of the dumping process?

Don't forget the sleeve or input hole for the vac to the box will be tricky if you do the swing away.

I would (just my .02) mount the unit on the front, have the side vac to the curb, and when you dump, it's not in the way.

Other than that, looks great!!!

I like the extra lights on your plow btw.

Dstosh
10-15-2007, 02:16 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=129108&highlight=leaf+box