PDA

View Full Version : Asphalt Kingdom

Flyer123
10-14-2007, 01:11 PM
I have been going back on the dates of the posting , just wondering why so many people are harsh on Asphalt Kingdom was thinking of doing business with them. Can some one give me the heads up -- or is this just preference.

********-- Does any one out there operate their AK 2400 and how does it perform. Really would like to know the answer to this.

PROCUT1
10-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I dont think hes a bad guy. Hes trying to make a business. The only thing is that he takes a machine that the manufacturer sells to the public for $900 and resells it for 3 times that amount. Thats his right to do so, but my advice to him was to rethink that plan because I know if I spent $3000 for something that I found out later I could have bought for $900 or made myself in an hour for $500 I know I would feel taken.

As an experienced sealcoater, and one who has used the same "system" that he sells, I do not agree with his representations of the abilities of that "system".

I dont like the sales pitch that the major equipment manufacturers are "ripping people off" with overpriced equipment when all you need is a trash pump and a plastic tank.

Its no different than someone taking a Walmart $99 pushmower, reselling it for $500 and saying that Scag is ripping you off with their ZTRs, this mower is all you need to be a commercial landscaper.

Flyer123
10-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the info. PC1
Do you know who manufacturers this product Asphalt Kingdom -- gets it some where.

I am wondering still if any one has used this Spray System AK 2400. Does it work well.

PROCUT1
10-14-2007, 04:03 PM
starseal of ohio...or you can buy all the parts at tractor supply for around $500 and put it together in less than an hour

Flyer123
10-14-2007, 04:04 PM
In your message it sounds like you use or have used the AK 2400 do you still use it and does it work well where can I buy this unit or simular else where.

Thanks for the info PC1

PROCUT1
10-14-2007, 04:42 PM
I had the thing he sells with the plastic tote. I use them for transfer and transport of bulk sealer. We will bring some of them along if we;re going a distance and dont have enough tank capacity. We will premix the sealer in one of our tanks and transfer it to the totes and then suck out of them to refill on the job. They are handy because we can just throw them on a landscape trailer and go.

His "systems" will spray oil base sealer with no problem, though that product is not real sealer.

Spraying coal tar or emulsion, they will "work" if youre not using sand and youre doing a very low volume of work.

We used one when we first started to sealcoat and did a few driveways.

pusher21
01-07-2008, 11:37 PM
what system would you recommend for a someone that doesnt want to spend a million dollars but also doesnt want a POS. in your oppion what would be the best bang for the buck system out there?

xdallairex
03-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Yes I would also like to know the best bang for the buck system out there? Sounds like the ak 2400 is ok to start out with but out growing its abilities sounds like a given?

shepoutside
03-10-2008, 07:06 PM
In Ontario, check out www.marathonequipmentinc.com for Awesum Quaility, but pricey equipment, and www.protectasphalt.com For all your needs, in our area. :canadaflag:

nitro121
03-12-2008, 12:07 PM
the PM'd me from here and propavement.com. They couldn't post they use/used it because everyone would bash them. But it seems if you use gilsonite they work great. People bash gilsonite, but I've called a few sealcoaters in my area, Virginia....and about 1/2 use gilsonite, the others use the other type of sealant. So I'll probably go w/ gilsonite.

Anyway....the guy that used this system w/ sand mixed in his sealant....he replaced the 400 dollar pump every year.....but he made money and didn't mind replacing the pump every season. But that is the drawback.

v/r
Gary

shepoutside
03-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Used may be the key word. I've herd many that used it, and say it's still a great product, but it needs to be heated. It seems, by the posts I have read, that it is out-lawed in many states. Just stuff to check out.

nitro121
03-12-2008, 09:29 PM
to a better tank...and still used the trash pump system.

But yes, I think I PM'd w/ 3 people and 2 had upgraded and got a bigger and better system once their business grew. But one guy had a smaller metal tank you had to aggitate yourself (w/ like a drill and paddle), and one guy had used like a 200 gallon tank w/ hand aggitation attached to it.

All the guys on propavement bashed them....then you go to the used equipment section and the guys are selling old, pump systems, hand aggitation tanks, etc.. But if you ask what it takes to get in the business, they preach that you have to start out w/ 10grand.

Every once in a while someone will jump in and just say buy in bulk and hand spread small residential drives, which costs nothing, and forget a spray system until you grow.

I have a 600ft driveway that was estimated at 900 to sealcoat last year. So I'm going to try the trash pump system. I'll probably build it from Tractor Supply and get a round 125 gallon tank. If I can get my 4 neighbors to hire me, I can make 3x what I spent in a weekend....and if the thing really isn't worth a crap, at least I'll break even from doing my driveway.

Branching Out
03-16-2008, 11:30 AM
You have to look around. Check craigs list for used tanks. If you are just starting out buy a hand aggitated tank for residential drives. Graduate up and add hydrolics to it and then a spray. I began with a used 550 on a trailer I found in the back of a trailer shop and built up from there. I never spray residential. Just my preference. I have alot of 200+ unit condos that I spray, and miles of roads for gated communities. And the only reason I spray them, is because it takes too long to do with a brush. And, the residents want them open quickly.....

SealCoatPlus
07-25-2008, 05:39 PM
when i got into the biz they helped me a lot ton of advice his ak2400 unit was great
his sealer was good but i get it a lot cheeper from my supplyer
but all in all they were great the equitment works great and he is always there to help. i have since moved on to a sealmaster unit but would still consider buying from them the MA10 is priced right last time i looked 1000 not a bad deal shipped to your door

domingo
04-14-2009, 06:27 PM
I have been going back on the dates of the posting , just wondering why so many people are harsh on Asphalt Kingdom was thinking of doing business with them. Can some one give me the heads up -- or is this just preference.

********-- Does any one out there operate their AK 2400 and how does it perform. Really would like to know the answer to this.

if you want to do good bussines, you got to be honest and nobody will say the opposite. its simple.

ZOMBIE
11-20-2011, 02:18 PM
I know this is an old post, but I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway.

I delt with the AK guy, I made a specific order on the AK2200 system that I wanted to upgrade the motor to honda and the pump he said I could upgrade to CAT. Then he sent me the briggs motor and banjo pump. I called to get the order straightened out and he said he didn't even know what a CAT pump was and that the honda motor was on back order and he wanted to send me something rather than nothing, so he sent the briggs without asking.

Anyway, long story short we had a pretty heated discussion and he told me that I should be dealing with customer service and that his job on the deal was done. If I remember right he said "if your car broke down would you take it to the salesman" to which I replied "no, but if the salesman delivered the wrong bleeping car to me GD right I would take it to him". Finally, after several calls and getting bounced from the sales dept to customer service and back again, he did agree to take back the unit and refund my money, though he didn't want to pay for the shipping or the extra he charged me for border fees for shipping it to Canada. I argued hard and he eventually seen things my way, but I did end up keeping the 275 gal of sealer he sent me and I noticed that it came directly from MS gregson's warehouse in Quebec Canada, so I assume that's who his supplier is for sealer and equipment. Then I thought it funny that he was charging me fee's to ship to Canada yet my order for the sealer and the equipment came from Quebec to Prince Edward Island, somehow I doubt there were any real border fees lol.

He's also pretty convincing and throw's alot of sales pitches at you, if I had a dollar for every time he told me he put himself through college with a briggs motor i'd have enough for a 12 pack for sure.

Anyway, I wouldn't deal with the guy again for all the tea in China, but that's just me. Next time I need to order sealer I'll just call MS Gregson directly and cut this guy out all together.

BIGBOY2008
11-27-2011, 07:08 PM
the PM'd me from here and propavement.com. They couldn't post they use/used it because everyone would bash them. But it seems if you use gilsonite they work great. People bash gilsonite, but I've called a few sealcoaters in my area, Virginia....and about 1/2 use gilsonite, the others use the other type of sealant. So I'll probably go w/ gilsonite.

Anyway....the guy that used this system w/ sand mixed in his sealant....he replaced the 400 dollar pump every year.....but he made money and didn't mind replacing the pump every season. But that is the drawback.

v/r
Gary

Is that the website and discussion forum where all the self proclaimed "BIG SHOT PROFESSIONAL SEAL COATERS" wouldnt dare admit the majority of them first started out in business working out of barrels and back in the day wouldnt have know what sand was even if someone had thrown it in their eyes?

sealcutter
12-01-2011, 08:22 PM
is that the website and discussion forum where all the self proclaimed "big shot professional seal coaters" wouldnt dare admit the majority of them first started out in business working out of barrels and back in the day wouldnt have know what sand was even if someone had thrown it in their eyes?

lol.........

smcbarron
02-08-2012, 11:18 AM
bought 110 sprayer and crack filler
this is a good company to start with

donmac1970
03-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Northern tool sells a starter 225 gal rig for a couple of thousand. honda 5hp and banjo pump. I have been sealing with it for two seasons now - works great.

Metro Lawn
04-15-2012, 09:52 AM
This is the unit we bought. I liked it better than the others for several reasons. It comes with a Honda and the motor and pump are mounted to the unit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120761346788