PDA

View Full Version : MDL transformers

pete scalia
10-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference between the transformers (12-15 volt) that are manufactured under different brand names by MDL for

Kichler
Cast- Looks like an extra common but other than that what if anything else?
Hadco
Evening Lights
Rockscapes

They are all priced differently so i assume there must be a difference.
Thank you

pete scalia
10-15-2007, 12:09 AM
sorry Pete, either nobody knows or cares.

Chris J
10-15-2007, 12:12 AM
yep.........

NightLightingFX
10-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I can recognize a MDL transformer when I see one, and I like them. However, I am curious who is MDL and what does MDL stand for?
~Ned

pete scalia
10-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Mike, Dave and Lester the founders.

Pro-Scapes
10-16-2007, 10:08 PM
If im not mistaken it stands for Magnetic design labs

Kichler offers the tooless entry and magnetic lid to hold it open and tilted terminals but i also think they offer a bit less room and the tilted terminals could be tiled a bunch more.

Cast does offer the extra common on some transformers and what i would consider a better case design. No hinges on with screws that can work loose ect like on the kichler

The only experience I have with hadco trans is direct burial units. Seem fine so far.

pete scalia
10-16-2007, 11:29 PM
If im not mistaken it stands for Magnetic design labs

Kichler offers the tooless entry and magnetic lid to hold it open and tilted terminals but i also think they offer a bit less room and the tilted terminals could be tiled a bunch more.

Cast does offer the extra common on some transformers and what i would consider a better case design. No hinges on with screws that can work loose ect like on the kichler

The only experience I have with hadco trans is direct burial units. Seem fine so far.

Thanks Billy that's a good start.