PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) truck

1stclasslawns
09-26-2001, 12:51 AM
Well I've read every post on here and alot don't apply to me.
I don't want a diesel, I don't drive enough for it to pay for itself.

I don't relly like Fords I don't know why just feel uncomfortable driving them. They just don't fit I don't want to be bashed for it cause they are good trucks.

Dodges are alright just couldn't find a deal on one.

So heres my "new" ride no pictures yet.

A "97" 3500 4x4 chevy duelie, 454 auto 42000 miles.

I know the gas milage is bad but for the price I got it I can buy a bit of gasolene.

I got it for $15149.00, Ya think I did ok?

The exterior needs about 300.00 worth of work, if that much.
The interior is great except for the seats. The back one I'll get recovered, the front will be replaced with bucket seats.

Mechanically I found a little seapage of differential fluid around the front differential. But everything else is great.

It was a traided in for a new truck by a construction co and was used by their head mechanic.

It had a utility bed on it but they are putting me a pickup bed on it and I can go get it friday or saterday.

With new seats and the body work done it'll book for around 20,000.

Jim:blob4: :blob1: :blob2: :blob3:

John DiMartino
09-26-2001, 08:19 PM
It sounds like a fair deal,I dont think you stole it,but you got a solid truck,that should have lots of life left.Good luck with it.

dhicks
09-27-2001, 08:12 PM
If you are happy with your truck and the deal you make then that's all that matters. Enjoy your new Chevy.

MATTHEW
10-09-2001, 09:05 PM
My '98 3/4 ton rides better than my wife's Grand Cherokee!!!:blob3:

odin
10-13-2001, 12:43 PM
Sounds like a good deal only thing constuction companeys put really hard miles on there trucks ,other than that it sounds like a good deal,you should get it up to 120000 fairly trouble free miles