PDA

View Full Version : Lumascape

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-15-2007, 11:24 PM
I have a job where the client wants to save a bit of dough. I am considering using the Lumascape LS201-C fixture in place of the much more pricey Hunza DL-COP

I would like to know if you have any experience with Lumascape products. I have specified them on a few occasions but have not yet installed any.

Thanks and have a great day.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Here is a photo... hopefully it jogs someone's memory!

Perhaps nobody out there has used Lumascape? They have a line of specification grade fixtures that are simply amazing. Check out the LS461 and LS411 sometime.

Hope to hear something back.....

irrig8r
10-16-2007, 01:59 AM
Hey James. I'm not familiar with their line or where it might be available here. The Omnio Mini and Pond Monster are kind of interesting looking...

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-16-2007, 02:09 AM
Gregg... try pricing the omnio mini... I priced the omnio in the spring and it was near $500 each cost! Definately specification grade.... but I have never seen a fixture built like that before in my life. An engineer's passion no doubt.

Have a great day.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-18-2007, 12:22 AM
So I am guessing that NONE of you guys have any experience with Lumascape?

I guess I will just have to experiement with them.... Too bad its going to be on a $75K job.

NightScenes
10-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Is that Candian $?

Chris J
10-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Canadian or not, that's a sweet job.

Eden Lights
10-18-2007, 12:42 AM
Here is a photo... hopefully it jogs someone's memory!

Perhaps nobody out there has used Lumascape? They have a line of specification grade fixtures that are simply amazing. Check out the LS461 and LS411 sometime.

Hope to hear something back.....

Is the fixture a twin lamp or just a downlight?

Chris J
10-18-2007, 12:50 AM
On second thought, do you really want to install an unfamiliar fixture/brand for such a pristine project? For a client who is willing to spend this kind of cabbage, I will normally go with what has been tried and true. This is not the client that you need to be experimenting with, correct?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Is that Candian $?

Yes that is canadian funds... So about $74K in US funds. Time for more cross border shopping!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Is the fixture a twin lamp or just a downlight?

It is a simple MR16 based downlight in copper. Small footprint. Glare Louver, Probably will lamp with 1032.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-18-2007, 01:02 AM
On second thought, do you really want to install an unfamiliar fixture/brand for such a pristine project? For a client who is willing to spend this kind of cabbage, I will normally go with what has been tried and true. This is not the client that you need to be experimenting with, correct?

Hi Chris....

The project is amazing but thankfully it is for my best client. I have done 5 other projects with him in the past and he is very loyal and a happy client. Using the Hunza DL-COP is just way too expensive a prospect for this job so I have to find a similar but less costly fixture.

In the past I have used NS Guardians for this application and just started using the Hunza about a year ago... The light output from each of these fixtures will be exactly the same...

Thanks for your input

Chris J
10-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Oh...................

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Oh...................

My thanks was sincere... wasn't trying to be offstandish at all.

Sometimes email/text is not very good at communicating subtleties.

*trucewhiteflag*

Chris J
10-18-2007, 01:16 AM
I agree, and all is good.

Pro-Scapes
10-18-2007, 09:28 AM
"Corrosion resistant marine grade precision machined aluminum
Durable powdercoat finish "

Taken from the text on the mini omnio... Kinda a wild looking like... I agree an engineer really had some fun on that one. I am guessing cost on thoes is 350+ Which would make them cost prohibitive for alot of us contractors doing 90% residential.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-18-2007, 10:44 AM
"Corrosion resistant marine grade precision machined aluminum
Durable powdercoat finish "

Taken from the text on the mini omnio... Kinda a wild looking like... I agree an engineer really had some fun on that one. I am guessing cost on thoes is 350+ Which would make them cost prohibitive for alot of us contractors doing 90% residential.

Billy.... the really amazing thing about those Lumascape bullets is that they have a integral adjustable lens system. You can shape and focus the beam spread like a projector. As far as price, last time I checked you are about $100 low!

Have a great day.

Eden Lights
10-18-2007, 11:04 AM
It is a simple MR16 based downlight in copper. Small footprint. Glare Louver, Probably will lamp with 1032.

What is a 1032?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Eden. A 1032 is a reference to an MR16 Lamp. 10w 32deg. Much like some might call a BAB a 2040.

Ushio makes a range of 10W MR16 lamps and uses this coding... I guess that is where I picked it up.

Have a great day.

irrig8r
10-20-2007, 12:15 PM
James,
I don't know if you get the Vista newsletter, but there is a brand new fixture in the one I got in my email yesterday that looks very similar to the Lumascape fixture you have pictured.... the 2522 is a dual lamp fixture, but maybe they'd cap one end.

Go Halogen
10-20-2007, 04:51 PM
This was e-mailed to me last week. Ever since attending a Vista seminar I receive e-mail updates on new product. I can not see me using this type of fixture but it look like a match for you.

irrig8r
10-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Notice that the file says:

Presenting the first member of our newest family of fixtures to come;
designed specifically for today’s outdoor living spaces, model 2522.

Maybe that means that a single-lamp version will be available. No pricing info apparent though.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the info Gregg... Only problem is, for my application, I really need to stick to a fixture with the same dimensions as a NS Guardian or the Hunza DL-COP. Basically 2x2x3 downlight for wall mounting.

That new Vista fixture looks nice, but clearly hangs down out of the 'cube profile' by enough to block the operation of a casement window.

I appreciate the info.