PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Winterizing...

Even Cut Lawn Care
10-16-2007, 04:31 PM
I landed a new contract this year that requires I Maintain thier irrigation system. Until the beggining of the year I new very little about these systems but throughout the year I have been able to gain a little knowledge here and there. Its now getting close to cold weather and I have no clue as to the process I need to follow to winterize this system.

Mjtrole
10-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I landed a new contract this year that requires I Maintain thier irrigation system. Until the beggining of the year I new very little about these systems but throughout the year I have been able to gain a little knowledge here and there. Its now getting close to cold weather and I have no clue as to the process I need to follow to winterize this system.

Closing the water supply to the system is the first step. Second, locate the backflow and it should have a spot to drain it and hook up a compressor to. Third, blow and go to the next one.

Actually a little more info would be helpful like if this is a golf course, a 89 building condo complex with a 50hp pump or just a house down the street from you.

Mike Leary
10-16-2007, 05:06 PM
I would be nervous about taking this on..damage could run into the $$$$$$s.
Hire a competent local (after you've checked to see if the system was EVER
winterized with compressed air) It could have those crazed "auto drains",
which will drive you (& their water bill) up the wall. Pay attention, it's not a
big deal, but I don't think you've got the experience in hydraulics yet.:)

Even Cut Lawn Care
10-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Actually a little more info would be helpful like if this is a golf course, a 89 building condo complex with a 50hp pump or just a house down the street from you.[/QUOTE]

This is a bank that was built in 1975...it has a rainbird system that has an updated control box, it has four zones with 6-8 heads in each zone...