PDA

View Full Version : how many heads per zone with 40 psi pressure

tbettis
10-17-2007, 09:28 PM
pressure is really weak in my area. is there anyway i can get more pressure to my home? ide figure 3 heads per zone but that would be a weird looking system when running..is the a booster pump or something i can use to get at least 75psi?

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-17-2007, 09:34 PM
dude check out the mp rotor on the hunter website..

they are great for low pressure systems..

good luck..This group of guys=the best in the US...no doubt and if you ask nicely they will walk you through every step of the way..

best o luck

tbettis
10-17-2007, 09:54 PM
so your saying these rotors are specifically for low pressure systems?

NfdBrian
10-18-2007, 01:22 AM
Look into the Davey 18-30 booster pump. I had the same problem when installing my system. I had 38 psi @ 3.5 gpm. Now with the pump I have 88 - 90 psi @ 11 - 12 gpm. The pump was $540 at my local plumbing supply house.

Good luck

Brian

Stillwater
10-18-2007, 03:52 AM
captstream is dead on those MPR's are great for low psi,and they are very entertaining when their running. what is your flow rate and psi right now?

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-18-2007, 06:49 AM
pressure is really weak in my area. is there anyway i can get more pressure to my home? ide figure 3 heads per zone but that would be a weird looking system when running..is the a booster pump or something i can use to get at least 75psi?

What are your neighbors doing? Might try seeing if one found a good sprinkler man who can help you out. I would not recommend a DYIer try to tackle a situation like this. This is challenging for long time pros. The city may not want you slapping a booster pump on because that could affect your neighbors water pressure and flow.

Wet_Boots
10-18-2007, 07:18 AM
We've been here before

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=190637

PurpHaze
10-18-2007, 08:42 AM
If you're basing PSI on your house pressure you need to do a little more investigation. On any new system you want to make your POC as close to the main source as possible and on as large a supply line as practical. This often remedies many problems and if the piping is correctly sized then this will keep friction loss to your heads to a minimum. Start at your POC and work out from there.

There's also no solution better than getting a good local irrigator to look things over as he'd have the onsite advantage of seeing exactly what you're dealing with and the ability to make positive judgements.

Mike Leary
10-18-2007, 12:09 PM
I agree with Purple...need to get someone over to check not only the PSI,
but how many gallons per minute produced. Fimco is correct, a lot of
purveyors will not permit booster pumps, even with backflow protection.
ROTAR is on concerning the MP Rotators, but they do perform better at higher
pressures. A 1" meter will help improve the flow, but not that much.

Mike Leary
10-18-2007, 06:15 PM
We've been here before]

Another trip down memory lane for the old timers.:)

EagleLandscape
10-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Do you currently have spray heads, or rotors? I can't believe no one has asked this yet.