PDA

View Full Version : Hey TThomas,

kreft
10-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Here is the picture you asked for,

Matts lawn care
10-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Nice how did you manage to get into turf mag?

tthomass
10-18-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure.

Lazer_Z
10-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Your truck is also on page A16, in the preview section for the EXPO.

Rob

Supper Grassy
10-18-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure.

do you have / use there systems?

J&R Landscaping
10-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Your truck is also on page A16, in the preview section for the EXPO.

Rob

Is that in the New Turf magazine or what mag????

McKeeLand
10-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Here is an email i jsut got.

Remember to visit Switch-N-Go at the GIE Expo!

Switch-N-Go will have booth locations both inside and outside:

Inside Booth # 7048

Outside Booth # 6564-D

We will be giving away five $100.00 Gift Certificates from Home Depot –

Stop by for YOUR chance to win!!

Green Industry and Equipment Expo

October 25 – 27, 2007

Kentucky Exposition Center

Louisville, KY

If you would like to unsubscribe from this email list, please respond to this email and we will remove you from our database. Thank you.

Supper Grassy
10-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Your truck is everywhere on the web

tthomass
10-19-2007, 11:37 PM
This is amusing.

So where is everywhere? Ads?

As for the system.....it is a Switch N Go system......I guess they are owned by someone else? I just think its screwy they don't at least tell me anything.

lawnkid
10-19-2007, 11:52 PM
I happened to notice that as well. I don't think Switch-N-Go is owned by AmeriDeck because they have their own ad at the end of the magazine. Sounds kinda fishy. Who knows, maybe someone saw your truck on here, stole a pic and is advertising a new product. The description they give is vague and it doesn't really describe what's being advertised. I would look into it.

ALarsh
10-20-2007, 01:47 AM
I agree it is screwy, but I don't think there is much you can do about it if it was posted here. I'm pretty sure Sean Adams owns and has the rights to all the content posted here so its up to him what he wants to do with it. If it was indeed posted here, I would confront Sean about it and the company.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
10-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Bucks Fab owns Ameri-Deck, or it is a product of Bucks. Bucks Fab also has a division called Switch-N-Go. So they are all a part of Bucks Fab at some point. I don't know why they would put a different systems picture a certain systems ad.

Adam

Lazer_Z
10-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Is that in the New Turf magazine or what mag????
J&R, Yes the October issue of Turf.

Rob

lwcmattlifter
10-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Hey tthomass I was wondering if that was your truck when I was reading Turf mag. How's everything going in NOVA.

tthomass
10-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Its going! I'm ready to get out of here but opportunities keep coming up. Its a curse......you know how it is.

How's NC treat'n you?

DoetschOutdoor
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
What do you mean your ready to get out? Isn't your business taking off and doing well right now in your area??

tthomass
10-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Business has been nothing short of great, but I'm not a fan of northern VA. The attitude you deal with, the immigration issues, traffic and cost of living are bad. I want to purchase 100ish acres of land but no way here. I grew up on a big farm where here a house is on 1/2 acre. I like the idea of moving the business between Roanoke, VA and Smith Mountain Lake. Buy land at say $4,000 per acre in a more rural area whereas here it is $120,000ish.

I cannot afford to purchase and if I did would spend an enormous amount of money over the years paying it off. Local commercial sites are going at about $500,000ish per acre.

Now, yes I can make a ton of money here and next year looks very 'tasty' indeed. With this area comes opportunity. I have someone interested in funding a nursery, someone else interested in a property joint venture, someone else interested in developing a business relationship with me that alone would double what I already did this year.

I'm not bragging but to make my point........as I have once said before, I would hate to think I traded in my family to chase a dollar.

I'm not happy here. My brother has a transfer in, he's VA State Police. My sister is stuck for the time being with computers. My family is 4hrs south where there are not the issues I first listed.

Idea..........stick it out here for a few years. Build up the bank and see where it leads me.

So, I want both worlds but stuck at the moment.

lwcmattlifter
10-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Its going! I'm ready to get out of here but opportunities keep coming up. Its a curse......you know how it is.

How's NC treat'n you?

HEHE I remember that so well. I'm 100% irrigation design, install and repair now. It's all I've done for months with no sign of slow down. Keep saving your money as long as possible. My money went so much further in NC than it ever could in NOVA. I'll have to send you a pic of the house we bought. On another note. A buddy of mine just moved a little north of the Roanoke SML area and could not be happier.

Matt

tthomass
10-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Is he good, can I hire him :) haha

So did you start up again or are you still under someone?

-Random, they're about to expand Floris.

J&R Landscaping
10-23-2007, 12:52 PM
J&R, Yes the October issue of Turf.

Rob

Thanks. After looking through the other night, I saw it.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
10-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Tthomas, Way To Go!!! Just Courious, What Is The Yellow Strap For On The Skidder. We All Know That Is Not Holding That Machine From Moving Around. Lol...

tthomass
10-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Actually, yes it is. For some reason, that one day we had to use it....don't recall what happened with the second chain??? The strap is well rated and designed just for that purpose. There is no way to secure inside the body unless using a chain (banjo holes) so I had to hook under the body.

Come to think of it, why did I buy those straps??? I think it was to hold attachments vs the cost of more chain/binders and lack of banjo holes.. Yeah, they're not used much.