PDA

View Full Version : PGV Valve - Poly Pipe - What Thread?

dtanovic
10-19-2007, 09:56 AM
What is the most common thread on PGV valves when used with Poly Pipe? Do most installers use MIPTxBarb or FIPTxFIPT or MIPTxMIPT?

Not sure which ones to buy.

WalkGood
10-19-2007, 11:52 AM
What is the most common thread on PGV valves when used with Poly Pipe? Do most installers use MIPTxBarb or FIPTxFIPT or MIPTxMIPT?

How are the manifolds constructed that the valves will be installed?

If you are using threaded pvc fittings for a manifold then use male threads into the pvc tees and the barb into the poly.

Mjtrole
10-19-2007, 03:36 PM

We use the Male by Barb valves, the poly goes on the zone side without a fitting, for manifold fittings we use 1" threaded female tees and add the nipples and ima's.

I would recommend against using the premade manifolds or tee's with the unions, in the long run they will loosen up and/or the o-rings will eventually dry rot.

Mike Leary
10-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I would recommend against using the premade manifolds or tee's with the unions, in the long run they will loosen up and/or the o-rings will eventually dry rot.

Jeez, someone should tell the units I've had in the ground for the past 10
years they're going to fail! We all fail, eventually.:laugh:

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Jeez, someone should tell the units I've had in the ground for the past 10
years they're going to fail! We all fail, eventually.:laugh:

No truer words will be spoken on the internet today...

lehrjetmx
10-19-2007, 06:41 PM
I like the male by barb myself makes life a little easier. A little less glueing is always good in my book. I have issues with my hands. Speaking of which I will post a pic and you guys tell me what you think? I really like the female by barb the best.:rolleyes:

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-19-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm a male thread by barb fan myself..eaiser to make the manifold..

my 2.

Mike Leary
10-19-2007, 06:48 PM
I have issues with my hands. Speaking of which I will post a pic and you guys tell me what you think?

Don't forget to include your shoes.

Wet_Boots
10-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Female threads. It's the only way I can get away with my compact manifolding, since I don't trust female threads on sch 40 fittings. And they also allow the use of insert adapters for poly pipe from 3/4 to 1-1/2
http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/6049/eightvalvemanifold23fz.jpg

dtanovic
10-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks for all your help. I think I'm going to use the MxB as I am using the Dura manifold system parts. Seems like the easiest way for me to do it. Thanks again.