PDA

View Full Version : Perkins vibrate?

James Filo
10-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I traded in my 2000 ASV30 with a cat 3 cylinder on a new ASV 30 with a Perkins 3 cylinder. The engines are exactly the same. The cat ran smooth as silk but the new Perkins vibrates like nuts. WTH is wrong ? Anyone experience this ? It's to much I can't live with it. Thanks Jim

Fieldman12
10-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Well, I cannot comment on your particular motor but we have some tractors with Perkins motors. Some where noted to vibrate like that so eventually they switched to a smoother running Perkins motor later. I would think though by now Perkins motors would run pretty smooth.

ksss
10-19-2007, 08:25 PM
You might check that the motor mounts are tight. Perhaps they have not been torqued down tight enough.

CarterKraft
10-20-2007, 05:12 PM
does it vibrate at a certain RPM, at full throttle, at idle?

Some of the smaller engines doen't seem to be balanced at any RPM other than High Idle.

turboawd
10-21-2007, 02:18 AM
cat owns perkins.

James Filo
10-21-2007, 08:02 AM
It vibrates bad at 1/4 throttle. At full throttle and idle it does not vibrate hardly at all. I mostly work at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and that is where it is the worst. The dealer said wait until I have 20 to 30 hours on and the track settles in. I understand the track part but when I'm sitting still it does it ,thats the motor.I wish there was a machine close enough I could compare it to. I know it's not right.The dealer said if it still does it and he will come check it out. So I will see. I just thought someone out there had a new RC30 I could get input from. Thank you. Jim

CarterKraft
10-22-2007, 07:42 PM
that is a little 3 cyl perkins engine correct?

If so it will vibrate at RPMS less than high idle.

Check a 302 or 303 CAT excavator for a comparison.

rane-dig
12-11-2007, 10:13 PM
I have a 2004 polaris which is a rebranded RC-30. It has the 3 cylinder PerkaPillar engine. It does have a rough idle at low speeds and cleans up at higher speeds. Performance has been good. I also have a cat 304 cr that runs like silk with a 4 cyl mitsubishi. A lot of the sensation of the 3 cyl is due to the design of the engine. Without a counterbalance shaft, some vibration is to be expected. If a smoother running 4 cylinder is desired, it is going to cost a bit more. I have no complaints.

Best Regards.

dnltractor
02-15-2009, 08:28 PM
I know this is an old post but I just bought a asv rc30 and I noticed it vibrates alot too but nothing that other than what was stated before about no counter shaft balance , my new holland tractor w/ a 3 cyl diesel vibrates too , but not as bad but it also doesn't have near the power as the perkapillar either , so far I love my machine

nosparkplugs
02-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I traded in my 2000 ASV30 with a cat 3 cylinder on a new ASV 30 with a Perkins 3 cylinder. The engines are exactly the same. The cat ran smooth as silk but the new Perkins vibrates like nuts. WTH is wrong ? Anyone experience this ? It's to much I can't live with it. Thanks Jim

Caterpillar could not match or beat the small euro style Agriculture use Perkins diesels, So Cat just purchased Perkins serveral years ago, and left them alone. You have a Perk-a-Pillar. Perkins remains to manufacture their own diesel engines with Perkins name. Cat now has the ability to cherrypicks the engines as needed for the US market, and paints them Cat orange. That 3 banger is very rough, vs the 4 banger. Their is nothing wrong with it

You have a Perkins Agriculture: 400 Series diesel Model# 403D-11

Also Perkins owns Shibaura diesel, and uses their fuel injector pumps on these Perk-a-Pillar diesels:dizzy:

dnltractor
02-15-2009, 09:03 PM
my new holland tc 30 compact loader has a 30 hp shibaura and its been fantastic although it is no where near as powerful as the perkins , I just got my machine yesterday and just finished going through it greasing everything and checking everything , but honestly it didn't even need it yet , the guy I bought it from really was a good owner / operator , machine is a cherry , how many hours will the perkins go w/ correct maintenance ? , oh by the way it has 727 hrs now and the tracks and rollers are perfect no abnormal wear anywhere , all lugs are like new all rollers are perfect .

nosparkplugs
02-15-2009, 09:11 PM
my new holland tc 30 compact loader has a 30 hp shibaura and its been fantastic although it is no where near as powerful as the perkins , I just got my machine yesterday and just finished going through it greasing everything and checking everything , but honestly it didn't even need it yet , the guy I bought it from really was a good owner / operator , machine is a cherry , how many hours will the perkins go w/ correct maintenance ? , oh by the way it has 727 hrs now and the tracks and rollers are perfect no abnormal wear anywhere , all lugs are like new all rollers are perfect .

are you asking me:confused:

dnltractor
02-15-2009, 09:23 PM
just wondering , you sounded familiar w/ the perkapillars

nosparkplugs
02-15-2009, 09:26 PM
What model is the Perkins/cat diesel ?

bobcat_ron
02-15-2009, 09:32 PM
You should see the Yanmar 3 banger in our Hitachi ZX27 at idle, say good bye to any of your constipation problems.

nosparkplugs
02-15-2009, 09:34 PM
You should see the Yanmar 3 banger in our Hitachi ZX27 at idle, say good bye to any of your constipation problems.

:laugh:
not much idleing then:nono:

Scag48
02-15-2009, 09:37 PM
The Perkins in my dad's 216 is pretty smooth at idle, his 303CR with the 3 banger Mitsupillar on the other hand vibrates the machine pretty good. Bump it up about 200 RPMS and it totally stops and runs smooth, just the idle is crazy.

bobcat_ron
02-15-2009, 09:39 PM
:laugh:
not much idleing then:nono:

And not much "farting" around either!

dnltractor
02-15-2009, 09:58 PM
yeah its the 403

nosparkplugs
02-15-2009, 10:37 PM
yeah its the 403

If it were new 3 year/2,000hr warranty and 6,000hrs of use before overhaul:laugh: your covered