PDA

View Full Version : Weed or plant???

iamthelawnbarber
10-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Hi,
I have been in the mowing business for a few years. Now one of my clients wants me to clean out her overgrown flower beds. She has many Momosa trees in every bed along with smaller plants. I can tell the rhododendruns & bigger plants, but the smaller ones I'm having trouble identifying if they are plants or weeds. Anyone know of a website that shows pics of different weeds or plants so I can tell the difference?
Thanks!

mattfromNY
10-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Not sure of a website, I picked up a book at the local Borders bookstore 'Weeds of the northeast', by Richard H. Uva, Joseph C. Neal and Joseph M. Ditomaso. Comstock/ Cornell paperbacks. $29.95. I keep it in the truck and it has been very handy. Good pics of plants from seedlings to maturity, good descriptions, growing habits, etc.
You could check Amazon.com and maybe find it cheaper.
Hope it helps,
Matt.

loom-gen
10-23-2007, 10:15 PM
weedalert.com ask and you shall receive. books are good too.

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
03-22-2010, 01:00 PM
i hate those momosa's. i just cut like 60 of em growing through this ladys fence. they grow so damn fast, good thing youre getting them out of there. youll be back next year to cut em back again. lol

RAlmaroad
03-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Just ask her to tie a string around the one she want to keep; and then you clean out everything else.

RigglePLC
03-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Have her put a garbage bag over the ones she wants to keep--then use Roundup.

RAlmaroad
03-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Have her put a garbage bag over the ones she wants to keep--then use Roundup.

Riggs: How about my fav: Diesel and Crossbow.