PDA

View Full Version : Slugfest on a circuit board...

PurpHaze
10-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Went out on an "irrigation box doesn't work" work order (jus luv 'dem edukated idgits) today and discovered that a slug had committed harikari on the circuit board. Board still seems to have power but there's no display.

This is a new type Irritrol MC-E controller that was wrongly put in by a contractor several months ago. My understanding was that contractor was supposed to replace it (along with doing some other replacement work) with an MC-Plus-B controller as spec'ed out but it's never happened. I left it there and will let boss make the determination as to what he wants me to do.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-19-2007, 10:32 PM
lol..

just another excuse that i can use when the HO asking what is wrong with my brand new controller..
JK
nice work hayes,par the course..

WalkGood
10-20-2007, 01:54 AM
Went out on an "irrigation box doesn't work" work order (jus luv 'dem edukated idgits) today and discovered that a slug had committed harikari on the circuit board. Board still seems to have power but there's no display.

This is a new type Irritrol MC-E controller that was wrongly put in by a contractor several months ago. My understanding was that contractor was supposed to replace it (along with doing some other replacement work) with an MC-Plus-B controller as spec'ed out but it's never happened. I left it there and will let boss make the determination as to what he wants me to do.

Mmmmmm.... tasty.
:dizzy:

BrandonV
10-20-2007, 07:45 AM
in keeping with the asian/japanese theme i must ask: did you eat it? NOT A RACIST! my wife is from Hong Kong, they eat everything and I eat some of it too.

PurpHaze
10-20-2007, 10:17 AM
You guys just KILL me! :laugh:

The slug wasn't in edible shape. He was all desiccated and just flaked off the circuit board with a stick (no metal to make things worse. :)

Kiril
10-20-2007, 11:00 AM
You guys just KILL me! :laugh:

The slug wasn't in edible shape. He was all desiccated and just flaked off the circuit board with a stick (no metal to make things worse. :)

Fried and flaky escargot anyone? Ideas on how that beauty got in there?

WalkGood
10-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Fried and flaky escargot anyone? Ideas on how that beauty got in there?

Looks like slug trail going up the board, entered from the NOT plugged up wire opening.

The geckos made more of a mess.

If a slug slimes up into a circuit board and gets fried, and no one is around to hear it..... does it make a sound?

Mike Leary
10-20-2007, 05:51 PM
"Go to the warmth, my son".

gusbuster
10-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Where's the garlic butter sauce?

PurpHaze
10-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Ideas on how that beauty got in there?

The Irritrol commercial controllers we use have a pretty stout metal box they're in and have mounting holes on the back and bottom. The four holes on the back are two large ones and two small ones for securing to a surface. The two larger holes are the primary mounting holes and the two small holes are additional securing spots and have plastic plugs so if they're not used they're plugged. On the bottom side there are two small holes to be used if the controller is mounted on a pedestal but they don't have plastic plugs. It looks like he wriggled his way through one of these holes.

We've had problems a couple of times in the past with moisture getting to the boards through these holes so we usually block off any with duct tape. I've mentioned this problem to Irritrol in the past year... but since Toro owns them you can guess how responsive they've been.