PDA

View Full Version : removing fixtures

pete scalia
10-20-2007, 02:43 AM
MR/MRS prospect says- After seeing the lighting completed and living with it for awhile and if we think there are "too many lights" will you remove some and give us a refund for them?

Go Halogen
10-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Remove them, yes.......Refund them, out of their minds!
I always let clients decide if it is too much light for them.

Out of 300+ install I may have had 6 or 7 requests for
removals. I may on ocassion relamp with 5 or 10 watts if too bright,
or add filtered lenses. I do not like to compromise my work very often.

Before you know it, the client is pulling all of the strings and using you as
a puppet. There is no accounting for taste....but draw a line in the sand.

Andy:nono:

pete scalia
10-20-2007, 09:11 AM
It's like the person who purchases an expensive dress for a special event, hides the tags and doesn't remove them. Once the event is over the dress is attempted to be returned for a full refund claiming Oh it doesn't fit just right. Now give me my money back Nordstroms.

Lite4
10-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Exactly what Andy said, try to correct the problem of the glare issues. If they still need it out they need to pay to reset voltage with the reduced load on that zone. They can store the fixture in their garage they paid for it, and I can't resell a used fixture.

Chris J
10-20-2007, 07:58 PM
This thread is really amazing me. I can honestly say that I have never had a client ask me to remove fixtures. If this is something that is consistently a problem for someone, I would definitly suggest you consider doing a full demonstration before hand to make sure the client is happy with the design before it is installed. I know a few guys who will install their systems, but not bury anything until the client gives their final approval. I don't waste my time doing such things because of my confidence in my design, but something to consider nonetheless.

JoeyD
10-20-2007, 08:28 PM
I have never had a client ask me to remove a light

pete scalia
10-20-2007, 08:31 PM
I have never had a client ask me to remove a light

Count your blessings cause you've been lucky to never come across an anal retent.

JoeyD
10-20-2007, 08:34 PM
LOL.......I also only contracted for alomst 2 years, but I have been apart of over 200 or 300 projects and have been lucky enough to never have a client ask me to remove a light. Move a light bt not remove. I can however say that I almost every time have a homeowner add a light. But that I never mind!!

pete scalia
10-20-2007, 08:42 PM
LOL.......I also only contracted for alomst 2 years, but I have been apart of over 200 or 300 projects and have been lucky enough to never have a client ask me to remove a light. Move a light bt not remove. I can however say that I almost every time have a homeowner add a light. But that I never mind!!

Pete Scalia sometimes doesn't have the midas touch and comes across these Granola peddlers who drive a Prius and hug trees. For these types Pete has little patience when they want fixtures removed and it sometimes ends up in a slug fest usually culminating in a bru ha ha that's to be remembered. I'd rather sit in Strathmore bagel store all day then do a job for someone whose looking to remove lights even before they click on at night. Cheap buzzards.

JoeyD
10-20-2007, 08:48 PM
LOL...You are something else Pete!