PDA

View Full Version : Upset Customers before Noon Today...

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Well just one..

Ok guys, well you all know i've been blowing out many systems..I mean honestly its like 300+ or so..So lets say for the past 3.5 weeks I am in blow out mode..With that said, today on the paper work the HO asked if he could get a sprink fixed before the blow out...Well when i pulled into his driveway I got out,grabbed the hose and walked toward the backem up flow..Then I asked if the HO could shut the water off.

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE DAM HEAD SWAP..I MEAN I WAS READY TO BLOW OUT THE SYSTEM AND LEAVE..

Well this guy acts like I just tried to covet his old lady or something..Yelling falsehoods left>right.I'm a little hung over/sick of the work week....And this dude is SCREAMING @ THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS @ ME....Dudes I was pissed...If it was my account I would walked then/there..But it's my boss's.. So I smiled,apoligized for grabbing the hose when i should of gotten my tool buckets..I mean come on..No need to treat me like a jerk..Which he did...I said twice"if you want me to leave right now I will"

him:"I don't care what you do"

I say well were not getting far with this conversation so i get my shovel/tools slap a pgp on the pipe burry it, and the guy is asking me about water conservation, Basically trying to be friendly with me..But I wasn't buying it...

So then he shuts off water,fires up zone #1 it blows out. Then he is telling me how he is going to turn it on himself...I tell him to go to the next zone..Well a few things went wrong for the guy..Karma bit him hard right then and there..Zone 1/2/3/4/5 wouldn't fire up..@ all..Wiring was fine.no rain stat. Flo pros in the ground..I pop open the valve box and laugh to myself.I say to the self"have fun with these Jammed up babies next year.."

I had not touched the Controller @ all...All his fault...He was worried..
Well how do i fix them?Asking me advice like i was his best friend.I said its going to be an expensive repair..I told him about the solenoids/Diraphrams ect problems over the years ect..

HAHAHAHAHAH!

KARMA...

Have fun Turning on that 5 Zone nightmare your JERK!!!!!!!!!!

I left with a big smile on my face heehe

CSR

Mike Leary
10-20-2007, 06:10 PM
We always wear nitrile gloves on those jobs: no fingerprints.
Nice about being the owner & hearing of problems from the field......
"load up the cone markers & bail."

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-20-2007, 06:12 PM
We always wear nitrile gloves on those jobs: no fingerprints.
Nice about being the owner & hearing of problems from the field......
"load up the cone markers & bail."

It was offered twice....And if it were'nt our newly bought account i would of been gone..

This guy was huge like 6'3 280 but i didn't break eye contact with him once..

He didnt scare me..much...Mainly cause i knew my steel toe chippa's would dominate his flip flops/sandals.

In closing he treated me like a ditch digger..And that I will never live down for the rest of the time i go there...

Mike Leary
10-20-2007, 06:32 PM
In closing he treated me like a ditch digger..And that I will never live down for the rest of the time i go there...

"load up the cone markers, we're out of here & tell the Je.k O.f to tell his friends about us."

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-20-2007, 06:40 PM
"load up the cone markers, we're out of here & tell the Je.k O.f to tell his friends about us."

Story time mike for the pups...

come on mike...give us a good one.

Mike Leary
10-20-2007, 06:45 PM
come on mike...give us a good one.

That was a good one...true story, many times..no one needs those d.s's.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-20-2007, 06:49 PM
That was a good one...true story, many times..no one needs those d.s's.

Detail request=sent.

Mike Leary
10-20-2007, 07:06 PM
When I founded the biz, I knew that service down the road would be the
make/break part. Plus, the "jeez, he's so expensive" line would be balanced
by the " yep, they always showed up". It did..it worked..so having lots of
clients for service & blowouts is not a big deal. MY SYSTEMS are what kept
the biz going after it was sold & why Hank & I are doing fine even tho we
pretty much dropped the "not to compete" clause because he knows he'll
pick the client up for service. One knows, upon meeting the client/looking at the site whether you're going to take it on. After all, this is a long term
relationship, built on trust...don't want the egg suckers.

Mjtrole
10-20-2007, 07:49 PM
we dont carry heads with us when winterization season hits because it can mess up the schedule, cost money and get customers accustomed to asking us to fix stuff at winterization time.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-20-2007, 07:55 PM
we dont carry heads with us when winterization season hits because it can mess up the schedule, cost money and get customers accustomed to asking us to fix stuff at winterization time.

Which is our standard protocal..but when they request we oblige..

no more pgp's in my truck.

londonrain
10-20-2007, 07:59 PM
True story....I meet with a lady and looked at her system. she told me what she wanted and we agreed that she needed a new system. Sent her a quote and scope of work and she agreed. Started out by flagging out the old heads for removal and making sure the utilities are located. Informed her we would be back in the morning with the trencher. She asked if we will be digging up the turf and then replacing. I told her we would be trenching the yard and no we do not hand dig the sod. She said "Oh wait a minute". Husband came out of the garage and said "whats the problem?" This is the first time I have seen or talked with the husband. Informed husband there was no problem and that his wife asked if we are hand digging the turf. I said we trench , lay pipe then cover backup and this is industry standard for this area. He replied with "I don't care what industry standard is and what will I be doing in MY YARD.
I repeated we trench ,we lay pipe, we cover backup and never in 15 years have I ever hand dug the turf. He replied with "I don't care what you have done in 15 years and what are you doing in MY YARD. By this time he is laying back against his car with his arms crossed. I repeated we trench ,we lay pipe, we cover it backup and this is the way I do it, . He replied "I Don't Care" and at this point I walked towards him and I Said in his face " I don't care to do your ******* Job" I turned around and walk to my truck. As I got in my truck he walked into the road and said "Don't Get mad". I got back out of my truck and got in his face and said " I Don't care to do your *******Job and left. He was in the street with his jaw hanging with his arms out. First and only time I ever cussed out a customer.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-20-2007, 08:01 PM
the "jeez, he's so expensive" line would be balanced by the " yep, they always showed up". It did..it worked..so having lots of clients After all, this is a long term relationship, built on trust...don't want the egg suckers.

With a little editing I created the lesson of the day.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-20-2007, 08:27 PM
True story....I meet with a lady and looked at her system. she told me what she wanted and we agreed that she needed a new system. Sent her a quote and scope of work and she agreed. Started out by flagging out the old heads for removal and making sure the utilities are located. Informed her we would be back in the morning with the trencher. She asked if we will be digging up the turf and then replacing. I told her we would be trenching the yard and no we do not hand dig the sod. She said "Oh wait a minute". Husband came out of the garage and said "whats the problem?" This is the first time I have seen or talked with the husband. Informed husband there was no problem and that his wife asked if we are hand digging the turf. I said we trench , lay pipe then cover backup and this is industry standard for this area. He replied with "I don't care what industry standard is and what will I be doing in MY YARD.
I repeated we trench ,we lay pipe, we cover backup and never in 15 years have I ever hand dug the turf. He replied with "I don't care what you have done in 15 years and what are you doing in MY YARD. By this time he is laying back against his car with his arms crossed. I repeated we trench ,we lay pipe, we cover it backup and this is the way I do it, . He replied "I Don't Care" and at this point I walked towards him and I Said in his face " I don't care to do your ******* Job" I turned around and walk to my truck. As I got in my truck he walked into the road and said "Don't Get mad". I got back out of my truck and got in his face and said " I Don't care to do your *******Job and left. He was in the street with his jaw hanging with his arms out. First and only time I ever cussed out a customer.

pure gold....This is what i was looking for...I was 2 steps from doing that..No lie London...I applaud you on your patience. Being treated like a second rate citizen is a peve for me...I wont ever for get it....I know exactly how you felt....I was holding back so hard.....

Nice work.

DanaMac
10-21-2007, 12:40 AM
I have walked away from 3 customers and drove off in the 12+ years of owning my biz. And I give my technician complete control over this as well. If someone is yelling at him, he can drive away. And he has done it twice and I backed him up on it.

I once got in a yelling match with a customer when I was employed by someone else. Employer was standing right next to me and didn't really say much but backed me up.

Kiril
10-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Ahhhh, the joy of being self employed.

Mike Leary
10-21-2007, 12:48 PM
With a little editing I created the lesson of the day.

Well done...plagiarist!:rolleyes:

04superduty
10-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Well done...plagiarist!:rolleyes:

is is plagarism when he reworks it into his own words? :)

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-21-2007, 04:36 PM

in college...yes.

Wet_Boots
10-21-2007, 04:53 PM
I believe your own words are just that, so pliagiarism would likely not apply. A good writer would cite his sources, though.

I wonder what LR's wacky homeowners were expecting. Vibratory plowing? A sod-cutter to remove the turf where the trench would go, with the sod being replaced after trench-backfilling? Hand-dug trenches using flat-edged spades, removing a wedge-shaped piece of turf-plus-soil that the Rain-Jet brochure so optimistically pictured? Dancing maidens strewing rose petals?

Mike Leary
10-21-2007, 04:56 PM

I thought it was great..I did worse to SHE SHOVEL where I took her words
and re worked them to mean completely differently..SHE freaked, we laughed

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-21-2007, 08:17 PM
I believe your own words are just that, so pliagiarism would likely not apply. A good writer would cite his sources, though.

I wonder what LR's wacky homeowners were expecting. Vibratory plowing? A sod-cutter to remove the turf where the trench would go, with the sod being replaced after trench-backfilling? Hand-dug trenches using flat-edged spades, removing a wedge-shaped piece of turf-plus-soil that the Rain-Jet brochure so optimistically pictured? Dancing maidens strewing rose petals?

When I started by business i was putting a system in by myself with my brand new Davis Trimline? trencher and an old well known company showed up across the street with 10 guys. Hand dug the whole thing, saved every piece of grass, installed a weathermatic brass head system and were finished that day and you'd never know they were there. Had two guys on each side of the ditch with flat sod cutter shovels and did that beautiful wedge you so described.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-21-2007, 08:25 PM
When I started by business i was putting a system in by myself with my brand new Davis Trimline? trencher and an old well known company showed up across the street with 10 guys. Hand dug the whole thing, saved every piece of grass, installed a weathermatic brass head system and were finished that day and you'd never know they were there. Had two guys on each side of the ditch with flat sod cutter shovels and did that beautiful wedge you so described.

so basically you got Owned?

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-22-2007, 12:06 AM
so basically you got Owned?

Very owned.

hoskm01
10-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Dancing maidens strewing rose petals?

Im considering adding this for a fee. Give you the whole "welcome home" feeling when the system is done.

Mike Leary
10-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Im considering adding this for a fee. Give you the whole "welcome home" feeling when the system is done.

moderators prohibit funny scenario.

04superduty
10-22-2007, 07:48 PM
in college...yes.

depending on to what degree you re work it too. of course it probably was plagarism in this case. :)

04superduty
10-22-2007, 07:50 PM
I thought it was great..I did worse to SHE SHOVEL where I took her words
and re worked them to mean completely differently..SHE freaked, we laughed

you guys are alot of fun, i just joined but have been reading for over a year.