PDA

View Full Version : piano gloss black

pete scalia
10-20-2007, 08:49 PM
I've noticed the trend in home electronics to be piano gloss black finish on TV's and stereo components. Just got the latest and greatest HD DVR receiver from Direct TV and it has that finish. Really beautiful. When are we gonna see fixtures with this finish? Next week?

Landscape Illuminating
10-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Piano black is a great looking finish, but is such a dust magnet! My speakers always seem to be covered in dust even after they've been dusted off. :cry:

-LI

pete scalia
10-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Piano black is a great looking finish, but is such a dust magnet! My speakers always seem to be covered in dust even after they've been dusted off. :cry:

-LI

Does that have anything to do with the magnets in them ? some sort of a magnetic field. I don't know just throwing it out there.

Landscape Illuminating
10-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Does that have anything to do with the magnets in them ? some sort of a magnetic field. I don't know just throwing it out there.

It's possible, but I highly doubt it. You'll see what I'm talking about with that fancy DVR of yours. :)

-LI

JoeyD
10-20-2007, 09:03 PM
I love that black gloss look. Looks really classy. You could get fixtures in that color if you wanted them. Dont know why you would want them unless you were matching electronics in an interior application or in an outdoor living room/gazeebo. Not sure about the "dust magnet"

irrig8r
10-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Not a great choice in hard water areas with overhead sprinklers....

carcrz
10-21-2007, 06:18 PM
I doubt the finish would hold up to the temperatures & weather conditions they would be subjected to.