PDA

View Full Version : Too late for grub control/fix?

advantage landscaping
10-21-2007, 12:22 PM
The back section of my own lawn has been sort of neglected. Always mowed, but that's it. It rained a good deal yesterday and out of curiosity I flipped over a little patch.... And sure enough there were more damn grubs that anything I've ever seen. I would love to get rid of em - But is it too late? What should I use?

The ground is pretty much covered in dead crabgrass. What do you think I should do to it after I kill the grubs?

Runner
10-22-2007, 12:41 PM
For the grub CONTROL? No. It is not too late. They are still near the surface and feeding HARD with the mild temps we are having. As far as the seeding,...it is getting late,..but with the mild temps we're still having, we're still doing it. Not prime time, and even risky, but we are still doing it if it needs it.

loom-gen
10-22-2007, 09:42 PM
I used dylox last two weeks ago and rechecked the lawn two days ago. The're dead. Aerate, verticut, and overseed with a starter asap. It's going to get cold soon.

daveyo
10-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Dylox is the way to go at this point

Slcareco
10-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Nah June is the right time to put any grub control down because thats when there at an immature feeding stage now there starting to borrow down lower for the up coming winter

Marcos
10-26-2007, 02:18 AM
Nah June is the right time to put any grub control down because thats when there at an immature feeding stage now there starting to borrow down lower for the up coming winter

Horse-puckey! They're STILL feeding! The ground's a LOT warmer than the air in the early fall!