PDA

View Full Version : My new power chute

Matts lawn care
10-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey guys i got a power chute from Power Chute Designs for my 60" Toro. I called him up on Sunday and told him i needed it by Friday. His response Sure! so come Friday afternoon I had a diamond plate power chute at my door. Instillation was easy just drill 1 hole, attach wires and attach foot pedal. I took 2 shots from the back so you could see how far it extends from the deck.

Eric D
10-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Matt,

Nice photos of the installation job. I've thought about getting one of those for my Toro. Is the motor protected from water? I power wash my units now and then and wondered if the motor is sealed.

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Matts lawn care
10-21-2007, 09:06 PM
I cant tell you off the top of my head but the motors come with a lifetime warranty.

DLCS
10-21-2007, 09:30 PM
I've had mine out in torrential down pours and it hasn't hurt it yet. One thing I would do is put dialectric grease on the connections to the motor. I have about 500 hrs on mine so far and though it looks like hell it still works. I've hit many things with the door and was able to bend it straight again with a small crescent wrench. But I'll need a new door for next year though.:cry:

Royalslover
11-10-2007, 12:04 AM
How fast does that thing open and close?

Matts lawn care
11-10-2007, 08:44 AM
It takes about a second to open/close.

Lawnworks
11-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I bought one for each of my crews. They were both not working in one month. I just don't think they are tough enough. I junked them and just put mulching kits on my tigers.

LawnMowerKing10
11-10-2007, 02:49 PM
lets see some pics of the hole mower with it o ya congrats!

old oak lawn
11-10-2007, 08:49 PM
you know that is a power windo motor from a car/truck with a plate on it to cover the gear set.[the red cover before the arm] i have worked at a ford dealership for 15 years i have replaced a lot of them over time but they do get wet and water should not hurt it. looks good.

ed2hess
11-11-2007, 05:30 PM
I've had mine out in torrential down pours and it hasn't hurt it yet. One thing I would do is put dialectric grease on the connections to the motor. I have about 500 hrs on mine so far and though it looks like hell it still works. I've hit many things with the door and was able to bend it straight again with a small crescent wrench. But I'll need a new door for next year though.:cry:

Yep ...don't know why they don't make them stronger and offer a version that could be manually opened....

lawnboy858
12-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Matt, i am considering buying a power chute, how easy was the installation? Also, i was wondering where you connect the electrical; perhaps to the battery? Let me know what you think of it.

Matt

Matts lawn care
12-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Instillation was a snap. Total time was less than 20 min. Yes you connect to the battery. The only thing I sagest is replacing the 2 nuts that you use to attach the chute with locknut's. Other than that just drill 1 hole in the side of your deck and your good to go. works great now for directing leaf flow this time of year.

mowing grass 1111
12-14-2007, 03:24 AM
I bought one for each of my crews. They were both not working in one month. I just don't think they are tough enough. I junked them and just put mulching kits on my tigers.

i have 2 of them sitting in the shop. i got about 2 months out of them before they stopped working

toddy204
02-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Hey guys i got a power chute from Power Chute Designs for my 60" Toro. I called him up on Sunday and told him i needed it by Friday. His response Sure! so come Friday afternoon I had a diamond plate power chute at my door. Instillation was easy just drill 1 hole, attach wires and attach foot pedal. I took 2 shots from the back so you could see how far it extends from the deck.

How do you like your toro. What size motor does it have? Does it have plenty of power? Does it stripe well? Do you run a stripe kit? How does the power chute work for you? Are you pleased with it? Will you buy another toro? Are you 100% pleased with your mower? Thanks for all of your help!!

Mowerboy04
02-24-2008, 02:49 PM
hey matt, i'm about to order one for my mower "i have the same mower u do" how hard was it to install? i saw u said u had to drill?? where in the deck did u have to drill? thanks alex

Mimowerman
02-24-2008, 07:16 PM
funny thing you were looking at one of these alex, I bought one the other day!!! I should get it soon , these look awesome . I'll show ya when I get it , but the mower won't be in for a few weeks !!!