PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed Trailer Pictures

Gilligan
10-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Heres the new set-up.

Finally got tired of all my equipment getting rained on this summer..so I broke into the wallet and purchased this nice 18' enclosed unit.

The logo man just left today...and I just finished setting up the interior. The interior walls were wood, but now have a nice covering of black pvc. Thank God for friends, I don't even want to think what that would have racked up in $$$$.

The floor is covered with a fiberglass shower board which is moisture proof. (obviously)

I went a little overboard on securing everything to the walls and my front shelves. I could practically hang from the hooks myself and a friend of mine was laying on the shelves while I was working.

It was difficult to keep focused on completing the job with her up there!

The Black PVC also came in handy, you might notice I used it in 1 inch strips as lock downs over the J hooks for the edger and trimmer. Works great!

All opinions and suggestions welcome...

Gilligan
10-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Just a couple more

grasscutter845
10-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Nice trailer! How does that 1500 pull it? I got a chevy 1500 5.3 and was thinking about buying a enclosed trailer for next year but i dont know how well it will tow

Gilligan
10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
How does that 1500 pull that trailer? I got a chevy 1500 5.3 and was thinking about buying a enclosed trailer for next year but i dont know how well it will tow

I was pulling a 16' TA open trailer with dual gates on it, and this puppy was constructed with some serious metal, (it was a converted car carrier, just to give you an idea)

The new trailer pulls better and turns on a much tighter radius. I've now hauled the new unit on city, rual, and highway roads and there hasn't been any problem with the truck being under powered.

Just keep in mind I live in a state where mountains do not exist. If mountains were the case...there might be a problem...

The new trailer has the v-nose, which supposedly helps a little with aero dynamics...but I'm not an engineer so I couldn't tell you exactly how much its helping!

Thanks for responding...

Tadams
10-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Hey man, that trailer looks good. Nice rolling billboard!

Gilligan
10-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey man, that trailer looks good. Nice rolling billboard!

I designed the log myself...So I take your complement quite well!!!

I Told the Logo Man to make it as big as possible on both sides and the back...and if someone driving can't write down the phone number surely they can remember www.pals.us.com.

One of the things I would have never thought about without the advice of the logo guy, was placing the logo as high up as possible, so that even in traffic it will get noticed.

I was extremely please with finished look and I think it will have better results than the lawn signs you see around.

It amazes me how many LCO's you see around that don't have anything on the trailers....I guess they have enough great clients and don't want anymore!

Thanks for responding

Tadams
10-22-2007, 03:18 PM
I agree with you on the name, number, and logo recognition. I put the name and number as large as I could so that it can be seen from a block away. I can park in the back of the parking lot at Home Depot and the name and number can be read very easily from the front door. Here is a link to my truck.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=169422

Gilligan
10-22-2007, 07:29 PM
I agree with you on the name, number, and logo recognition. I put the name and number as large as I could so that it can be seen from a block away. I can park in the back of the parking lot at Home Depot and the name and number can be read very easily from the front door. Here is a link to my truck.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=169422

You weren't kidding when you said you could see it from a block away...I bet 3 or 4 blocks even.

The Logo worked for me today. I came out of the backyard of one of my accounts and standing at my truck and trailer was a woman just stairing at the side of my trailer.

She asked me a few questions and then said would she have to call the office to get a quote or would I be able to provide her with one.

Its like all of a sudden I am this large LCO operation. Long story short...I picked up her business on an annual contract....

It all came together just the way it was supposed tooo.....and it can only get better...I can't wait until spring hits!!!

S man
10-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Do you really get good results with those mowers? Why not get some exmarks or scag?

Jusmowin
10-22-2007, 07:59 PM
I think its time for a 3/4 ton truck. Your half ton might pull it fine but braking in an emergency situation will not be a good thing and you also will bring your tranny to an early demise. Good luck with that nice trailer.

Supper Grassy
10-22-2007, 08:04 PM
looking good

deere615
10-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Nice trailer setup.

RedMax Man
10-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Looks nice,secure and organized.

Gilligan
10-23-2007, 12:03 AM
I think its time for a 3/4 ton truck. Your half ton might pull it fine but braking in an emergency situation will not be a good thing and you also will bring your tranny to an early demise. Good luck with that nice trailer.

I agree with you on the Transaxle for my dodge, I'll probably drive it till it dies though..after all...its a work truck...

As far as the braking issue, the trailer came standard with electronic brakes and depending on my towing weight and driving conditions I can easily adjust the percentage they are used.

Heck while first setting up the controller, I could stop the truck with the trailer brakes.

SLC, LLC
10-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Where is that pic with your friend laying on the shelving unit? That's the most important item in this thread I believe!

Lazer_Z
10-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Where is that pic with your friend laying on the shelving unit? That's the most important item in this thread I believe!
Ditto! :D

BTW, nice trailer & logo.

Rob