PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Yard is full of mushrooms!

iamthelawnbarber
10-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Hi,
I have a client who is complaining about mushrooms on her lawn. I live in Northeastern PA. Any ideas on how they got there? Does anyone know how to remove them & keep them from coming back next year?
Thanks for the help!

capelawncare.com
10-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Hi,
I have a client who is complaining about mushrooms on her lawn. I live in Northeastern PA. Any ideas on how they got there? Does anyone know how to remove them & keep them from coming back next year?
Thanks for the help!

Does she have cows by chance?

iamthelawnbarber
10-23-2007, 02:56 PM
She lives in a suburban development-no cows or animals.

Puttinggreens
10-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Mushrooms in the lawn usually require a very specific environment to survive. That environment will probably change in the next 24 to 48 hours and the mushrooms will be gone.

I have had the same calls and my reply was always,, "wait 24 hours and call me if they are still there" no calls!

BeautifulBlooms
10-24-2007, 12:11 AM
it probably is an old tree stump that didnt get fully removed now it has decayed to the point that the mushrooms are growing.

I had someone ask me why when i treated their lawn that the mushrooms werent killed, I explained we spray for broadleaf weeds not for fungus. Can you actually spray something on mushrooms to kill them? I have no idea, I just laughed when she asked why the herbicide didnt kill them.

Clear-Cut
10-24-2007, 12:20 AM
mushrooms mean it is a great environment and soil to grow grass. not sure how to get rid of the mushrooms though sorry.

im not sure what kind of mushrooms grow by puttinggreens but where i am the mushrooms are around for a while and come back year after year..maybe its just the type of mushroom

WildLake
10-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Blooms is probably right. Decaying stumps or most any wood under the surface can be the cause along with some additional enviro conditions.

Ant_Knee
10-25-2007, 06:31 PM
I tell my clients to go and kick them over but that their is nothing we can do to spray and kill them. A fungicide will not be worth spraying. Like was said above...once they feel good about kicking them over and not coming back, they don't call.

The mushrooms are a sign of a health lawn environment...is typically what I tell them.