PDA

View Full Version : send water please

BrandonV
10-23-2007, 08:10 PM
hey guys a city near here, Siler City, has 60 days of water left... they're currently TRUCKING in water at a rate of 140 semis a day, this is included in the 60 day figure as the trucks can only supply 30% of the daily supply. so please send any unopened bottle water (I know you west coast guys don't drink tap stuff) or beer.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Brandon..I'm sending wet vibes your way

~~~~~~~~~~~~~water vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

its getting bad ain't it?I saw your pictures a few weeks ago of the rivers/streams.Looks Desperate.

I hope to god you get some wet weather....How long has it been since it rained? My other question is asking about your wells..Does the Government tell you all that your not allowed to take from the aquifer?? I mean is it regulated?

JDSKIDSTEER
10-23-2007, 08:25 PM
We finaly are bgetting rain in North Alabama. Rain and drizzle 2 days streight. I can't remember last time I saw it. Maybe in 99????LOL

Mike Leary
10-23-2007, 08:30 PM
hey guys a city near here, Siler City, has 60 days of water left... they're currently TRUCKING in water at a rate of 140 semis a day, this is included in the 60 day figure as the trucks can only supply 30% of the daily supply. so please send any unopened bottle water (I know you west coast guys don't drink tap stuff) or beer.

So they pump out of ponds for potable? No wells?, or has the auquifer got so
drawn down that they've about failed? How's the nursery going to survive?

lawncare18
10-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Ill send it your way.. close to 2.25 inches and still coming.. and its fall and there is leaves everywhere.. gona be some fun leaf cleanup these next few days... hows your nursery doing?

h2oman
10-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Bandon, I know how you feel... Here in Raleigh we are now not allowed to water outside, by any form of sprinkler. The town is down to a 95 day supply, and has stopped issuing new landscape permits, and customers are canceling contracts, not just for me but all contractors are taking a hard hit by this, I feel sorry for those who rely on H2B work, and new housing... (not). Seems like an early winter, shut down shop yesterday, but will start back in late Nov. for winter blow outs.
I love contractors who do not blow systems out. Even though we didn't have a hard winter, I replaced 52 backflows this spring, because they froze and broke. Hopefully I get the same type of response I did in the spring, 52 new customers, not to mention neighbors and friends.

RAIN TOMORROW!!!!!!!:cool2: :cool2:

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-23-2007, 09:36 PM
all of NC looks like they are in trouble

http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html

cgaengineer
10-23-2007, 09:54 PM
I hope rain is falling where you are now. As of right now we are getting a nice steady rain. We also had a good rain yesterday.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-23-2007, 10:33 PM
all of NC looks like they are in trouble

http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html

I had no idea is was that bad over so large an area. Maybe this wet pattern in the central part will start moving east fast.

londonrain
10-24-2007, 12:29 AM
On the way...we are 19" below for the year and we have had rain on and off for 2 days now.....

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-24-2007, 07:40 AM
I had no idea is was that bad over so large an area. Maybe this wet pattern in the central part will start moving east fast.

Its pretty bad...

60 days of water left in an American City? It just don't seem right..

We are expecting rain today....blow outs in the rain are kinda fun...

Mjtrole
10-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Its pretty bad...

We are expecting rain today....blow outs in the rain are kinda fun...

Your just a sicko

Wet_Boots
10-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Screw blowouts in the rain. I might just hunker down and await Game One

h2oman
10-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Its pretty bad...

I blame the city officials.. Had to stop irrigation systems in the summer for two weeks, but watering with the garden hose was ok....:hammerhead: :hammerhead: isn't that why we install these systems:confused: so there is no wasted water from the hose????:confused:

Kiril
10-24-2007, 11:23 AM
I blame the city officials.. Had to stop irrigation systems in the summer for two weeks, but watering with the garden hose was ok....:hammerhead: :hammerhead: isn't that why we install these systems:confused: so there is no wasted water from the hose????:confused:

As long as someone is actually holding the hose, the tendency is to underwater, not the other way around. Now if they are connecting it some some movable sprinkler or just putting it on the ground, I would agree, it defeats the purpose of the irrigation system and the water ban.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Your just a sicko

The hose slides on the reel so nice when a little damp..

Plus I hand my new get up Dickies overalls and new Carhart jacket.I was ready for WWIII...

But honestly its Just wrong that a city in America would be so close to a potable water drought. My question is Can the Government take over or tell you all that you can't take water from the Aquifer?

BrandonV
10-24-2007, 07:39 PM
rain came today... hopefully it'll hang around a while still hard to make up for 19"

londonrain
10-24-2007, 07:46 PM
rain came today... hopefully it'll hang around a while still hard to make up for 19"
Amen...Rained on and off here today again.....between rain bands we completed half of a two zone add-on.

Mike Leary
10-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Amen...Rained on and off here today again.....between rain bands we completed half of a two zone add-on.

Bailed out of my isolation valves manifold & three valve manifold here,
start winterize next week prolly in the rain.:cry:

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Bailed out of my isolation valves manifold & three valve manifold here,
start winterize next week prolly in the rain.:cry:

sack up sally....

I thought you worked in the rain all year round?

Mike Leary
10-24-2007, 07:58 PM
sack up sally....

I thought you worked in the rain all year round?

The crew does....me? Sensitive frail me? Ho ho.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-24-2007, 08:02 PM
The crew does....me? Sensitive frail me? Ho ho.

<<<<<<not shocked in the least..This winter I will be digging in 40' weather with my shirt off...Showing the Southern boys how us yankee's do it!JK... I usually try to blend in as much as possible when I'm with a new outfit.. For the most part I keep my mouth shut, head low, shovel constantly in the ground.

I'm actually really happy to be going down south for work this winter...
I honestly hope I never leave. Big things mike..big things..

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Rotar when you're down south remember this rule.
BE VERY STILL AND LOOK STRAIGHT AHEAD

Mike Leary
10-24-2007, 08:50 PM

ROTFL...great pic!:laugh: Advise I gave him via pm also.

jerryrwm
10-25-2007, 12:55 AM
BE VERY STILL AND LOOK STRAIGHT AHEAD"cause soon as you start talking someone is gonna say, "You ain't from around here are you boy?"

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-25-2007, 12:58 AM
"cause soon as you start talking someone is gonna say, "You ain't from around here are you boy?"

believe it or not but i can change my dialect very well.

jerryrwm
10-25-2007, 01:04 AM
believe it or not but i can change my dialect very well.Them boys down south can spot a put on accent in a heartbeat. First time you try to say "y'all" they'll know. (I may have a Wisconsin address now, but 37 yrs. in Texas has tuned my ears to proper southern dialect.)

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-25-2007, 01:04 AM
believe it or not but i can change my dialect very well.

I hope your right. For your sake I truly hope your right.

Kiril
10-25-2007, 10:20 AM
I have been told more than once by the good ol boys back in the day to take my yankee arse back where it came from, your not welcome in these parts.

BrandonV
10-25-2007, 11:46 AM
my father is from San Fran, so he's a yank here too. and he still can't understand what some folks are saying. oh and having talked to Capt. he has a bit of an accent. I love accents, people will say how southerners talk funny, we seem to think everyone else does.

Mike Leary
10-25-2007, 04:48 PM
I love accents too..can spot most regions. We have no accent to speak of
up here, tho someone asked me when I was in New York, "are you from
the Pacific Northwest?" When I asked how he knew, he said, "all you guys
talk thru your noses 'cause of all the colds you get in that rainy country.:)