PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Prayers with Unique lighting

pete scalia
10-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Let's please put our differences aside for a moment and let us pray for Nate, Joey and the rest of the Unique lighting staff. I saw on the National news tonight that things are pretty bad down in San Diego with the wild fires. Many are without electricity , some have been evacuated and some are homeless as they have loss their home to fire. I noticed Joey hasn't been on today. Let's pray that everything is alright and that they come out of this safe and sound.
Thank you
Sincerely
Pete Scalia
Long Island NY

Landscape Illuminating
10-23-2007, 10:52 PM
I think this is something we can all agree on. My thoughts and prayers also go out to everyone who may be affected by the recent events out in CA.

-LI

pete scalia
10-23-2007, 11:58 PM
Copied this from another message board

Recent press conference on TV put it at 50 homes burned in Escondido yesterday, but fire is still burning on southwestern part of city, over 1300 homes burned in county, over 400,000 acres burned in county, and over 520,000 people evacuated in county. That is about 100,000 more people than were evacuated in New Orleans during Katrina.

irrig8r
10-24-2007, 03:43 AM
Let's please put our differences aside for a moment and let us pray for Nate, Joey and the rest of the Unique lighting staff. I saw on the National news tonight that things are pretty bad down in San Diego with the wild fires. Many are without electricity , some have been evacuated and some are homeless as they have loss their home to fire. I noticed Joey hasn't been on today. Let's pray that everything is alright and that they come out of this safe and sound.
Thank you
Sincerely
Pete Scalia
Long Island NY

I'll agree. I have a cousin at S.D. State who was evacuated yesterday.
I hope all is well with Joey, his family, coworkers, and all.

I wouldn't wish a fire on my worst enemy.

Having been through a house fire, watching most of it go up in smoke, the dislocation, the daunting cleanup and reconstruction that followed.... it's almost 5 years ago now. Believe me when I say I feel their pain.

I'm not comforted by the smell of a wood fire anymore either. It still makes me a little anxious.

steveparrott
10-24-2007, 08:13 AM
My prayers also for Joey and his collegues, their family, friends and neighbors.

NightScenes
10-24-2007, 08:49 AM
My prayers as well. I was supposed to go to San Diego yesterday to see Joey and Nate but that was canceled. Joey was indeed evacuated yesterday, I'll try to reach him today to check on him and Nate.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Watching the news coverage of the fires in S. California while sitting here in drenching rains is quite uncomfortable. I wish there was something we could do to shift the weather patterns around.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of our friends who are affected by this terrible firestorm.

Chris J
10-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Yes, I'm really getting worried about them since I haven't seen him on here. Hope they are all safe. Hopefully we will get some good news soon.

Pro-Scapes
10-24-2007, 12:28 PM
May the Good Lord watch overthem and all the others affected by this in thier time of need. Joey if you read this and need anything do not hessitate to ask. I am sure there are several people here that would be willing to help yall any way we could.

irrig8r
10-24-2007, 12:43 PM
BTW, FX Lighting's HQ is pretty close to the fires too. Also Hunter Industries, for those of you who might also install sprinklers. Keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.

pete scalia
10-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Has anybody heard from Joey today?

YardPro
10-24-2007, 09:26 PM
good luck to them, also Vista is in the area, SIMI Valley to be exact....
hopr everyone weathers the maelstrom.

NightScenes
10-24-2007, 09:58 PM
I have not heard from Joey yet but I'll let everyone know if I do.

pete scalia
10-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I have not heard from Joey yet but I'll let everyone know if I do.

He's not responding to PM's

JoeyD
10-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Hey everyone!! I am so appreciative of all your concern. I want to let you know Nate and I are OK. We are currently defending our homes and are waiting for the fire storm to pass. Currently over 200,000 acres have burned in a 500 sq. mile radius around our homes. The fire is about 5 miles away from our homes at this point. It is currently 6:30 pm PST on Wed. He and I are bouncing between his neighborhood and mine making sure there are no embers burning. We have been doing this since late Monday night. We are the only ones in our neighborhoods left as everyone is under madatory evacuation in Valley Center, CA and cannot get back in. VC is just north east of Escondido which is getting the most attention right now due to the homes being threatened.

Nate and I are holding down our forts and trying make sure the 100 homes in our neighborhoods are ok. I might not be able to return any emails or PM's for a few more days. Our internet just came back on which is a miracle since our phones are still shut off. we have very little information flowing in as the TV is focusing on what has already happened vs. what is still happening. It has been a crazy last few days running around around like wannabe firemen trying to do what we can for our neighbors who cannot return to their homes due to road closures. My family and Nates are togeather at his downtown San Diego condo and they are doing just fine. I will try and keep you guys informed but everything should be OK. They are predicting that our local roads should be back open by Friday so that our families can return home assuming they avoid any damage.

I wish I could describe to you guys what we can see from our front porches but the only thing that comes to mind is hell. Luckily the winds are dead right now as they have been really blowing the last few days. Hopefully they can get a handle on this tonight but as of now it is only 10% contained. Over 1200 homes have burned here in SD county so far.

Paul, I saw you called but I have been reserving my cell phone battery not knowing if our electricity is going to go down if the fire gets closer. That is why I have not called back. I am sorry about not being able to get the Comet's out.

Thanks for all your prayers!!

Joey D.

Chris J
10-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Hold tight Joey! We are all praying for you, and I don't think Paul is too concerned about the comets. Keep your family safe, and let us know if there is anything we can do; I mean ANYTHIHG! I know you're a long way from me, but I'll gladly contribute in any way I can. I know this is a tough time for you guys, but please don't forget that we are here for you.

Sincerely,

SamIV
10-24-2007, 11:43 PM
I spent the weekend with a few here just recently and this is how I know there is a good group of people here that have you, your family and friends in their thoughts. Be safe out there.

Burt Wilson
Accent Outdoor Lighting

nate mullen
10-25-2007, 09:03 AM
I really appreciate all the thoughts and prays. I am watching the flames come down a mountain about 4 miles away. With no wind right now we should be ok. Valley Center is still under mandatory evacuation, Joey and I have stayed to help fight any flying embers that come our way. at last count the fire that I can see from my ft yard is 300,000 arc es and growing. it is now about 10% contained.Joey and I want to thank you again.

NightScenes
10-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Nate, you and Joey have my cell # if you need anything. My prayers are with all of the Unique family.

Pro-Scapes
10-25-2007, 09:45 AM
I have been searching the net but have been unable to find the cause of these fires. I know 2 were arson but are they all suspected of arson ? I read one started as a structure fire as well.

Joey and Nate. It was really good to hear from you guys and know your alive as is your families. You had alot of us worried there for a while. Keep the faith and your in our thoughts and continues prayers.

carcrz
10-25-2007, 07:26 PM
I heard something about a lightning strike this morning. They are still guessing though.

pete scalia
10-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Glad to hear you are all well. Thanks for checking in.

JoeyD
10-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Well guys they officially opened the roads back up a few hours ago. Our families have come home and life is making the turn to getting back to normal. This has been a real crazy few days that I am glad to see over. I wan to say thanks again for all your concern and nice words. Nate and I were truly touched to see that all of you guys really were concerned!!

If any of you ever need anything you should know that both Nate and I got your backs!!

Your Friend,

Joey D.

Landscape Illuminating
10-25-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm glad to hear that all of you are safe and sound. It must have gotten scary for a while there. Hopefully things can get back to normal for everyone in short time.

-LI

Eden Lights
10-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Well guys they officially opened the roads back up a few hours ago. Our families have come home and life is making the turn to getting back to normal. This has been a real crazy few days that I am glad to see over. I wan to say thanks again for all your concern and nice words. Nate and I were truly touched to see that all of you guys really were concerned!!

If any of you ever need anything you should know that both Nate and I got your backs!!

Your Friend,

Joey D.

Welcome back Joey. We missed you and Nate. Let's celebrate, PAR's for everybody on me!

David Gretzmier
10-25-2007, 11:45 PM
been at expo, just read this thread. Glad you guys are ok. my prayers are still for all those around you who have or will lose thier homes. dave g

irrig8r
10-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Have any of you seen a good map of where the fires have been?
Just heard about this on my local NPR station this AM. Some staffers from KPBS got this map going using Google's My Maps feature.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&ie=UTF8&om=1&msa=0&msid=114250687465160386813.00043d08ac31fe3357571&ll=32.990236,-116.732483&spn=1.234787,3.010254&z=9&num=1000&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-mapshpp-na-us-mm&utm_medium=mapshpp&utm_term=fires

JoeyD
10-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks again guys. I am back in the office for a while today. I am amazed at how much I have missed here in the forum over the last few days!

SamIV
10-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey Eden,

I'll have one PAR LITE please.

Burt

irrig8r
10-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks again guys. I am back in the office for a while today. I am amazed at how much I have missed here in the forum over the last few days!

I think you missed more than you realize Joey. There were a couple of virtual firestorms in here too... flared tempers, vanishing threads, etc.

But it's nice to leave that behind and move on. My girlfriend says all the chaos is because Mercury (the planet, not the Ford division) is (was?) in retrograde....:rolleyes:....ummm...OK

(Take a look here if you're into astrology)
http://www.karmastrology.com/mercrx.shtml

JoeyD
10-26-2007, 12:34 PM
LOL.........WOW! I have seen enough to know I missed the Lawnsite firestorm!! I feel so left out!! Something tells me I am glad I missed it all though.

NightScenes
10-26-2007, 02:13 PM
If you only knew what you missed Joey.

JoeyD
10-26-2007, 02:16 PM
LOL!! Hey Paul but the way. I just checked my messages and heard them. I really appreciate everything and I promise to make up our canceled trip to you and Chris as well as the other guys who couldnt make it. The concern you showed for us does not go unappreciated!!

Joey D.

irrig8r
10-26-2007, 07:22 PM
This is from today's newsletter from FX lighting:

Wildfires of Southern California

As many of you may probably already know, Southern California is still ablaze. Fires are still burning from South San Diego County, all the way up to Los Angeles County.
According to local news sources, for San Diego, the fires have burned a total of almost 300,000 acres, 560,000 people have been evacuated from their homes, 6 deaths have occurred related to the fires, and More than 1,350 structures have been destroyed. These numbers are only going to increase before it is over.

We here at FX are counting our blessings. Our main office is located only miles from areas that have been evacuated, and we consider ourselves lucky. Our neighbors, friends, and even family in the area have been directly affected by this tragedy.

We would like to extend our thoughts and prayers to those people who have been affected by this natural disaster, and also to the growing number of people who continue to fight the fires around the clock.

What can you do to help? Donate Here!
http://www.redcross.org/article/0,1072,0_312_7172,00.html