PDA

View Full Version : First time I got slabbed

lehrjetmx
10-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Hey this is the first time I have had to deal with a slab. Its a well system and the hook ups are in the middle of the house. Now I have done many hook ups to well systems and hook up after the pressure tank and before the water treatment tank. No problem there. My question is can I hook up before the pressure tank some where under ground to the line coming off the well? And if so do I need to do anything like adding a pressure switch or relay. I was going to add a master valve and a blowout attachment just after the connection to be on the safe side.

Wet_Boots
10-24-2007, 10:41 AM
If you are able to match the well output, the location of your POC isn't really important. If there was a check valve between the pressure tank and your POC, that would be a different story.

I was going to add a master valve and a blowout attachment just after the connection to be on the safe side.Just after? What about the backflow preventer?

lehrjetmx
10-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Of course I will use a BFP. I was concerned with the PVC coming off the main line up to the BFP freezing after I came off. Maybe a little on the side off caution but don't want a call in the middle of the winter for broken main.