PDA

View Full Version : So. Cal. Fires

irrig8r
10-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Some of you may have friends or family members affected. A cousin of mine in the San Diego area was evacuated yesterday.

A surprising number of sprinkler and outdoor lighting companies are headquartered in Southern California.

I heard yesterday that many of the folks who work at Unique Lighting were evacuated.

Today I went to the Hunter website and they have the following message on the main page.

Let's keep those Southern California residents and firefighters in our thoughts and prayers.

San Marcos, California,Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 4:00 PM PST

Much of San Diego County is under mandatory evacuation orders because of raging wildfires. The usual operations of Hunter Industries' San Marcos Headquarters have been affected but are starting back up on a limited basis if employees are willing and able to return to work.

Hunter Industries will have limited operations and administrative functions beginning this afternoon, but we anticipate that limited service is likely to continue through the week. We will continue to monitor the situation and will restore full business operations as soon as possible.

In spite of all this, we are doing our best to ensure the security of our employees while we make sure that there is minimal affect in the level of service we can provide to our customers. Our Customer Support and Technical Service areas will be open tomorrow during our regular service hours although call wait times may be affected.

Certain departments located in San Marcos may be difficult to reach. We ask that you leave a message or contact your field sales representative if your matter is urgent. We appreciate your patience as we deal with these high risk and fast-changing circumstances.

Kiril
10-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Irrigation = CA = firestorms, mudslides, earthquakes, floods = end of world

irrig8r
10-24-2007, 11:38 AM
In a nutshell. With the emphasis on nut.

Kiril
10-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Rotar > influence typing = no communicate.whole.sentence

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Rotar > influence typing = no communicate.whole.sentence

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

words=complete thoughts if you think enough..

less type.more think.

Wet_Boots
10-24-2007, 07:02 PM
ess type.more think.less think - more drink

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-24-2007, 07:04 PM
less think - more drink

lol funny as it sounds i'm a better laborer when im a little off in the am..

but this thread=to the people in the fires..

lets stay on topic for once this year irritators.

Wet_Boots
10-24-2007, 07:18 PM
We send the fire-eaters our best wishes.

And marshmallows.

Mike Leary
10-24-2007, 08:22 PM
We send the fire-eaters our best wishes.

And marshmallows.

Pave it........

PurpHaze
10-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Unless you've seen one of these Santa Ana wind-driven chaparral fires up close and pesonal... pictures, videos and news stories just don't do the absolute terror justice. It truly is hell on wheels. I still have family in the OC and hopefully no arsonist starts one near them. Personally... if they ever catch the guys (and yes there are more than one of them because they always come out when the Santa Ana's blow) they ought to throw them inside a crematorium furnace... ALIVE!

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Unless you've seen one of these Santa Ana wind-driven chaparral fires up close and pesonal... pictures, videos and news stories just don't do the absolute terror justice. It truly is hell on wheels. I still have family in the OC and hopefully no arsonist starts one near them. Personally... if they ever catch the guys (and yes there are more than one of them because they always come out when the Santa Ana's blow) they ought to throw them inside a crematorium furnace... ALIVE!

or put me with my 6'' struckton in a closed room with them for a few mins..

melior quam pluvia
10-25-2007, 12:22 AM
My buddy was awakened at 6a.m by his neighbor b/c the fire was in his back yard. He managed to get a photo album and their two vehicles. Walked out with the clothes on his back. Watched his own house burn down in no time. Thankfully, everyone is safe.

Satellite image:

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-25-2007, 07:25 AM

Hope it ends soon Purp. The Carolinas got a little rain maybe you guys will get some help from the weather as well.

PurpHaze
10-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Our weather is supposed to cool down from the 80's. Was out and about yesterday geocaching with the wife and the smoke in the valley is quite noticeable although we're 200+ miles north of most of the fires. Thursday you could clearly see the Sierras and yesterday we could barely see the foothills.

Wet_Boots
10-27-2007, 11:44 AM
They're sounding optimistic about getting a handle on it before the winds kick up again. Meanwhile, FEMA is rethinking their practice of interviewing themselves (http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/335380.html).

hoskm01
10-27-2007, 12:24 PM
They're sounding optimistic about getting a handle on it before the winds kick up again. Meanwhile, FEMA is rethinking their practice of interviewing themselves (http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/335380.html).
Another wise decision by those idiots.