PDA

View Full Version : name for nursery / garden center

CNYScapes
10-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I am looking for opinions on the name for my garden center opening spring 2008.

I have operated my lawn maintenance / landscaping business for about 8 years under the name CNY Landscapes. The new garden center will be opening next spring and will sell plants,trees,annuals,and bulk mulch and stone.

Should I call it "CNY Landscapes Garden Center" which was what first came to my head? Or maybe something else more creative.

What do you guys think, stick with the existing company name and just add garden center to it, or change to something a little more creative?

bsmithalc
10-24-2007, 07:07 PM
I'll go on and take a shot at this since this part of the forums seems to always be dead. I asked this same question about 6 months ago and got a couple of responses. I just opened up my own retail garden center at the end of September and decided to go with different name than what my other LLC was. I also have a landscape design company and I was going to try and incorporate that name with my garden center's name but just decided to go in a different direction.

I think that it's all really up to personal choice. I do know that I see a lot more "so and so landscaping & garden center" than I do just "_____ garden center". Maybe some people just want to make sure they let the public know that they also do landscaping. They also may already have an established landscaping company and want to make sure that they play the public off that good name.

I've personally liked having too seperate companies. I thought it may be too big of a hastle to start trying to do DBA's and such. Hope this helps.

P.Services
10-24-2007, 07:17 PM
sticks and stones landscape supply

tamadrummer
10-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Ummmmm, How about Phoenician Gardens....

(I graduated in Phoenix,NY in 91)

Sorry I don't have anything good as far as names but I wish you all the luck in the world! It amazes me how much it has changed since I used to ride my bike on 481 and they were excavating the site for the Great Northern Mall.