PDA

View Full Version : Auroralight

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Auroralight fixtures? I took a look on their site and they seem to have some pretty nice offerings.

Doesn't look like they are represented in Canada... which could be a nice opportunity.

Any and all input would be appreciated.

Have a great day.

Pro-Scapes
10-24-2007, 03:46 PM
I have held them but have yet to install them. We were to install them on a project coming up soon but i think we are going with a different plan.

They are nice and very well built. Pricey compared to leaders like cast, unique or Kichler but a bargain next to Hunza and lumascape. You wont go wrong using them. Keep in mind this is just my impression and what I have gotten on feedback. I have yet to install them but plan on using the meridians on a project next year.

This line might be right up your alley james.

pete scalia
10-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Great product, great warranty. Very High end. Recommended

sprinkler guy
10-25-2007, 04:09 AM
James,

A really good line of lights, very well built. They are made here in SoCal, and I worked for a supplier a while back that sold the line. At the time they worked through a rep company, so they weren't the easiest to deal with. Shipments always came in correct and timely. The guys who bought the product said they wished they could get every customer to pay for "the good stuff". Now as an installer, I'm working on my second project right now with meridians in steps. The small size and nice light output are perfect for steplighting instead of the standard brick light, or half brick light (like a Nichelighter), when square doesn't fit as well with the architecture. The also have a couple of cool pathlight that are great with a modern architecture style homes.

irrigation man
10-25-2007, 11:23 AM
their warranty is great its pretty much lifetime if you run over the fixture with a car or truck u send it to them and if they cant fix it they replace it, we sell their product and have sent back a few that have been run over by golf carts and they have replace no question,just a very expensive light because everyone is bored from solid stock to make their fixtures

irrigation man
10-25-2007, 11:24 AM
their warranty is great its pretty much lifetime if you run over the fixture with a car or truck u send it to them and if they cant fix it they replace it, we sell their product and have sent back a few that have been run over by golf carts and they have replace no question,just a very expensive light because everyone is bored from solid stock to make their fixtures

GOLFLYNX
10-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Auroralight is by far the best product, for the price, on the market. I have heard rumors that they now have an extensive state of the art LED line. I cant wait to see and try out these new fixtures. If they follow the same quality standards as the rest of thier product then they will deff. be leaders in the industry.

pete scalia
10-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Auroralight is by far the best product, for the price, on the market. I have heard rumors that they now have an extensive state of the art LED line. I cant wait to see and try out these new fixtures. If they follow the same quality standards as the rest of thier product then they will deff. be leaders in the industry.

HMN first post by GOLFLYNX and they are in San diego. Isn't Auroralight in San diego? Inside info about LED's and their product. Kinda makes you wonder.

JoeyD
10-25-2007, 08:05 PM
It is hard to say who the best product is for any price. Aurora is very nice quality and they have some very nice designs but they are also very expensive. This is coming from a Unique guy so to say that they must be pricy, our products are not the cheapest as you all know.
But not to take anything away from Aurora's quality, they do make some VERY nice products. They have always pushed Unique Lighting transformers as well!!! We have done a lot of work togeather in the past and continue to do so!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-25-2007, 08:38 PM
I have no problem with specifying, selling and installing expensive, high quality, specification grade fixtures and components. In fact, many of my clients will ask for nothing but the best. As such I am always searching for new product.

I am pretty sure I saw this line at Lightfair in Vegas a couple of years ago, but at the time their line was not yet complete. I have contacted them about approvals and distribution here in Canada and hope to hear back from them soon.

I was hoping for some comments based on actual field experience, build quality, and technical pros and cons.

Thanks for all your input.

JoeyD
10-26-2007, 11:57 AM
I know people who use them regularly and I have never heard a bad thing about them holding up. Matter of fact I just did a massive redesign on a job that had over 100 Aurora pathlights and Mariner down lights. 85% of them were perfect, the Mariners were a bit haggard, missing shields and parts of the fixtures but that could have been a maintenance or installer issue. Other than that the patina was beautiful and they seemed to have held up pretty well. Thsi job was atleast 5 years old.

GOLFLYNX
10-26-2007, 03:04 PM
but you exceed all my expectations. Of course i am Auroralight how else would i know about all our new products. Our LED line is just coming out and anyone can call for more info. (spec sheets etc) We are going into production with 12 LED fixtures. All should be available by Jan. 2008. good luck Pete and thanks to all for the good blog.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-26-2007, 03:20 PM
but you exceed all my expectations. Of course i am Auroralight how else would i know about all our new products. Our LED line is just coming out and anyone can call for more info. (spec sheets etc) We are going into production with 12 LED fixtures. All should be available by Jan. 2008. good luck Pete and thanks to all for the good blog.

Hello Golflynx

I just spoke with Dan Teixeira at your offices. Looks like I will be bringing some samples into the shop here to check out your products. Might be the start of a nice relationship....

Please keep me up to date on current AVAIABLE products.

Have a great day.

NightScenes
10-26-2007, 06:43 PM
It's always great to see a manufacturer on the forums talking about their product as well as others. Good to see you Golflynx!! I hope to learn about your products.

pete scalia
10-26-2007, 07:19 PM

Pete's been called alot of things on this forum none of them good. So I greatly appreciate your positive comments. Welcome to the jungle , I mean board.:waving:

irrig8r
10-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Pete- Very perceptive of you.

Golflynx- How about including contact info in your profile and not be so stealthy? BTW, that trident stake looks like it's to Janet Moyer's specifications. Do you sell many of them? Does she use your line? Did you have it already and she liked it, or were you inspired by her book/ lecture/ etc.?

James- Looking forward to hearing your honest and unbiased impressions of the Aurora line.

Chris J
10-26-2007, 09:24 PM

Sorry bud, but you lost my business with this haphazard approach. I'll never trust a company that has to lie their way into the customer's heart. I know your products are solid, but this gimmick alone will prevent me from ever knowing, first hand, what your products are all about. Funny how some of these guys are crawling all over you after what you did to them.

irrig8r
10-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Gentlemen..... please....keep it civil.
As James mentioned the other night...try Googling your name sometime.
See if your latest posts on lawnsite.com show up...

Surprised? I was.

Could be a useful marketing tool, or could make you look like a hothead or a fool. The choice is all yours.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=Mfv&q=+site:www.lawnsite.com+pete+scalia

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=FMG&q=+site:www.lawnsite.com+chris+johnson,+landscape+lighting

pete scalia
10-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Surprised? I was.

Greg I've been fine for a few days, intend on staying that way. It's all good but I think we can now see where the real problem lies. Ironic since I was accused of the same nonsense from the offending party. let's just ignore and continue on business as usual. I have advised moderators and I'm confident they will do the right thing.

irrig8r
10-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Pete, see my edit above.

pete scalia
10-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Pete, see my edit above.

thanks greg, interesting that you Google me and not other party.

pete scalia
10-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Greg, your post is very deceptive as you googled the lawnsite website and my name to get that response. When you google my name alone only a few of my posts come up in the first three pages (not many search beyond that). Thanks for looking out for me just the same:)

Chris J
10-26-2007, 10:41 PM

Surprised? I was.

Could be a useful marketing tool, or could make you look like a hothead or a fool. The choice is all yours.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=Mfv&q=+site:www.lawnsite.com+pete+scalia

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=FMG&q=+site:www.lawnsite.com+chris+johnson,+landscape+lighting

Gregg,
From the time you entered into this forum, I have had nothing but respect for your wisdom and advise. Please don't make me change my mind. Your reference to the google search indicates that the "searcher" would have to enter "lawn site" "my name" and "my company name" in order to receive the results obtained. I doubt that a potential customer would have all of this info at hand, and even if they did such a diligent research they would see that my input on this forum is much more valuable than a petty soap opera of a fight with the likes of some "no name".

Greg I've been fine for a few days, intend on staying that way. It's all good but I think we can now see where the real problem lies. Ironic since I was accused of the same nonsense from the offending party. let's just ignore and continue on business as usual. I have advised moderators and I'm confident they will do the right thing.

My advise was good. You were plundering into an area that was none of your business. The fact that no one responded should have been enough to disengage you from the conversation. Your persistence, however, required that someone step in and explain things to you in an elementary manner. Your welcome.

GOLFLYNX
10-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Sorry bud, but you lost my business with this haphazard approach. I'll never trust a company that has to lie their way into the customer's heart. I know your products are solid, but this gimmick alone will prevent me from ever knowing, first hand, what your products are all about. Funny how some of these guys are crawling all over you after what you did to them.

Look, someone just showed me this site. I was just messing around and Pete called me out , so i came clean. I apologize if i offended anyone.
Whether you choose to use our lights or not , its your choice not mine.

1MajorTom
10-26-2007, 11:25 PM
I believe this thread was started about auroralight fixtures, anything about googling a name is not needed in this thread. We've been down that road before, must we go there again? Maybe if we keep the threads somewhat on the subject at hand, we may avoid some of this inconsequential bickering.

GOLFLYNX, welcome to Lawnsite, and I hope you enjoy interacting with the members here at Lawnsite. If you'd like to become a sponsor here to talk about your products, feel free to contact Don Woods at dwoods@lawnsite.com

thanks,

pete scalia
10-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Look, someone just showed me this site. I was just messing around and Pete called me out , so i came clean. I apologize if i offended anyone.
Whether you choose to use our lights or not , its your choice not mine.

Welcome to the forum Golflynx. I apologize for the rude treatment you received. I will continue to be supportive of your brand . Hope you stick around, we could really use an infusion of quality people here.

irrig8r
10-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Pete and Chris, see my PM in your inbox.

NightScenes
10-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Golflynx, looking at your site, I don't see any contact information for you, only sales. Please contact me when you have a chance.