PDA

View Full Version : Winter is around the corner

Fieldman12
10-24-2007, 09:21 PM
We just got six inches of rain since Monday around here. That has pretty much put a stop to my skid loader work for a while.:cry: On a good note though harvest is basically done. We have some corn left to harvest. Other than that lots of studing the books on excavation and a little finish up vinyl siding on the girl friends house. Im ready for good weather again.

Fieldman12
10-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Has your guys work started to slow yet?

cat2
10-24-2007, 09:46 PM
I have all of your corn and soys off too. And all of the plowing done. Feels good.

Fieldman12
10-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Cool, what kinda toys in the barn?

cat2
10-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Not many and they are not that big, don't have too much land. want more. Anyways tractors John Deere 2010, 3020, 4020, 4440 powershift and front wheel assits (sp) Combines John Deere 4400, and a 6600.

Construct'O
10-24-2007, 10:46 PM
How you like playing in the mud?We got the same 6 inches here,but earlier.Played in the mud all week,but was terrible the last couple days.

Putting more crossing in for the same guy and had water running down the ditch while i was trying to put the pipe in and get it covered up.got it done ,but just took longer.

AS far as work more then will get done now with the crappy weather.Just takes longer.Turned down a couple jobs that i didn't know if i would get them done before ground froze up.Good jobs too!

Don't like to take on more then i can get done,plus short handed now also.My two new trainee are still learning,just not fast enough.They are doing okay,just takes time for them to figure things out and this time of the year isn't the best when it comes to time.

This is always the busy time when the crops start coming out.Things are going slow here as far as the crops goes.Wet this spring so things was kind of behind anyway and now all the rain.:usflag:

RockSet N' Grade
10-25-2007, 08:41 AM
We are busier now than in mid-season. It is the last push before winter and everyone wants it done now. Happy Home Owners here are not as tough this time of year on negotiating price, they are more concerned you show up. We have 6 jobs in front of us, a few large and the rest small, and I am not sure how much we will get done. Just one long day at a time until it starts raining/snowing/freezing around here....

Fieldman12
10-25-2007, 06:14 PM
I dont really like playing in the mud. I had to do it earlier this year putting in a waterway. Hard to do as good of a job. Cat2, you have a good selection of equipment there. I have run all those tractors except the 2010.Rockset, you will get it all done.

cat2
10-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I dont really like playing in the mud. I had to do it earlier this year putting in a waterway. Hard to do as good of a job. Cat2, you have a good selection of equipment there. I have run all those tractors except the 2010.Rockset, you will get it all done.

Thanks. Thinking about getting a 4320 or another 4020.

Fieldman12
10-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Either one of those Cat2 will make you a good machine.