PDA

View Full Version : CAPT Stream Rotar

blueline
10-25-2007, 12:25 AM
got the info that i needed...thx.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-25-2007, 12:26 AM
**** well if i knew where my phone was id say that ...

brb.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-25-2007, 12:41 AM
good talkin to ya bud..

I assume you are going to have some remote boxes?
since you have such low pressure have you considered mp rotors?

melior quam pluvia
10-25-2007, 12:49 AM
Mini Rotors of your choice work well in low pressure situations.:)

...I do understand this is still against your grain....as you're changine the irrigation world...one rotary nozzle at a time.

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Mini Rotors of your choice work well in low pressure situations.:)

...I do understand this is still against your grain....as you're changine the irrigation world...one rotary nozzle at a time.

I guess im big on water conservation. I hate people who are being wasteful

melior quam pluvia
10-25-2007, 12:54 AM
I guess im big on water conservation. I hate people who are being wasteful

I agree 100%.

Eureka!

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-25-2007, 12:55 AM
I agree 100%.

Eureka!

brah- you are gona fit in well here...as soon as you change over to pgp's

melior quam pluvia
10-25-2007, 01:06 AM
brah- you are gona fit in well here...as soon as you change over to pgp's

I use em as well as the RPS's. Same EXACT thing...buck less. Did you even know the RPS riser will even fit in the PGP can? lol

Wet_Boots
10-25-2007, 01:32 AM
A Toro Super700 will fit inside a Hunter body, but that doesn't make it right. :)

melior quam pluvia
10-25-2007, 02:19 AM
Wow...I've never heard about a super 700 fitting in a PGP can. News to me.

I was offered 2 free cases of whatever I wanted if I found a difference in function or performance between a PGP or RPS. So far, I haven't found one difference. Then again, I have nothing to prove here. I just don't understand why so much resistence to options/possibilities/money for the same damn thing. lol Makes no sense to me. Close minded I guess.

WalkGood
10-25-2007, 02:30 AM

I was offered 2 free cases of whatever I wanted if I found a difference in function or performance between a PGP or RPS. So far, I haven't found one difference. Then again, I have nothing to prove here. I just don't understand why so much resistence to options/possibilities/money for the same damn thing. lol Makes no sense to me. Close minded I guess.

In all seriousness, I see a lot of green top Orbit rotaries that fail (no rotate, stick up, leak) after one season of use (age as reported by homeowners).

Now, I haven't disected an Orbit next to a Hunter PGP..... but the Orbit seems to not be made as "solid" as the Hunter.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-25-2007, 08:37 AM

If this is correct then the PGPs long run as the rotor standard is over. But if they don't come from the same factory they can't be considered the same. Factories have quality inspections. Do the RPS get inspected and tested to the degree of the PGPs? Who knows. If a problem develops will it be caught before thousands are shipped? Who knows. Call backs will kill you. Maybe the RPS will do you right. I'd prefer the insurance of using the original it is a knockoff of. I know you aren't pushing them.

Kiril
10-25-2007, 10:03 AM
You might have to do a material analysis to find a difference.

blueline
10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm getting 8gpm at 60psi. I could pull 10-12 gpm at 40psi. The pump is a 1/2 - 7 at 60ft. The 3/4 -7 pulled too much and surged after 45 minutes or so.

Thanks for taking a look at my plan.